49 coaches online • Server time: 16:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What Dark Elf setup shall I take?
2 Assassin, 2 Blitzer, 2 Witch, 1 Re-Roll
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
2 Assassin, 3 Blitzer, 1 Witch, 1 Runner, 1 Re-Roll
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
2 Assassin, 4 Blitzer, 2 Runner, 1 Re-Roll
5%
 5%  [ 8 ]
2 Assassin, 1 Blitzer, 1 Witch, 2 Runner, 2 Re-Roll
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
2 Assassin, 2 Witch, 1 Runner, 2 Re-Roll
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
2 Assassin, 1 Blitzer, 1 Runner, 3 Re-Roll
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
2 Assassin, 1 Witch, 3 Re-Roll
1%
 1%  [ 3 ]
2 Assassin, 1 Blitzer, 1 Runner, 2 Re-Roll, Apo
8%
 8%  [ 13 ]
I don't care but still like voting / I hate you
25%
 25%  [ 40 ]
Cake / Orbital Barrage
35%
 35%  [ 56 ]
Total Votes : 158

JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2008 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Just wondering what teams and rosters people are taking to the tournament?
Anyone got a massively brilliant converted pro painted extravaganza that will take the best team award?

What Dark Elf setup shall I take? Obviously the remainder is taken up by linemen. VOTE NOW!!!!

Anyone got any model suggestion for my 2 Assassins, other than Horkon

Current favourite option 4 Grand Tournament Test 1

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2008 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

For Assassins, try using actual GW dark elf assassin models. Try.....
Shadowblade
Dark Elf Assassin 1
Dark Elf Assassin 2
Dark Elf Assassin 3

I think that Shadowblade is easily the best out of those, some other models from the darkelf range.....
Corsairs have a few assassin type models but might be a bit flat
Combining a dark elf warrior with some empire militia arms (sweet dagger arms) could do really nicely but isnt really a great option unless you can buy the sprues.

Hope those help...... oh yeah, and assassins are rubbish in bloodbowl Very Happy

What skills are you going for? Blodging blitzers or NOS runners might work Very Happy

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2008 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I found it interesting you're allowed stars after the 11 players. Anyone going to bother?

I know they're expensive in the new rules, but I wonder if anyone has done the maths on a Count and Zombies type of affair yet! Very Happy

I'm not sold on my race yet, I'm hopeing Orcs...
p4m

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2008 - 14:26 Reply with quote Back to top

i donw know what the tourney is about and if there is some fluff behind, but i'd go with following set-up:
3 blitzers, 2 witches, 1 runner, 3 rrs
skills: leader for the runner, block or dodge for blitzer and witches

was quite successful
Optihut

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2008 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Rerolls are your friend.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2008 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

2 Vampires - 110k x 2 = 220k
10 Thralls - 40k x 10 = 400k
4 Re-rolls - 70k x 4 = 280k
100k left

What do I spend the rest of the cash on, another re-roll? another 2 thralls? upgrading a thrall to a vampire? a chainsaw?...... at the moment I'm thinking that chainsaw + FF 2 could work.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
clarkin

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2008 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

chainsaw definitely. 4 RRs is pretty low but it doesn't really matter if you end up eating your thralls since they reappear healthy for the next game

the chainsaw has a healthy chance of scoring some key casualties each game and will certainly be the focus of the opposition's blitzing.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2008 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

First i wont vote in that poll as all those rosters are worthless with 2 assasins. Don't bother with them at all.

For sillysod, 2 FF wont give you much. Better to buy 1 cheerleader and 1 assistant coach. Chainsaw could be nice, they usually pays off.
Darkson

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2008 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't bother with a chainsaw. Any player worth his salt that you face will a) try to score quick and/or b) try and take him out.

But then I'm reffing, what do I know. Wink

Toby..er..Force..er..BigMac..er..Capt.Powerpoint..er..Cookie_Shark wrote:
Im sory but you come across unwilling to learn and unreasonabble.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2008 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

The chainsaw managed to do pretty reasonably in the waterbowler, stand firm is suprisingly useful for a chainsaw and I managed to keep him on the pitch for most of the halfs that he played. If I'm kicking then either my opponent will score quick or not be so good at grinding was my experience there and the saw is definately made really handy now you dont have to start it..... which version of the rules is the GT using by the way, the rules review version or just the standard version?

With the FF/cheerleader/assistant thing I dont really thing there will be a huge difference between the two and I think I prefer the FF simply cos I love rocks.

JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2008 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

there is no fan factor, or am i wrong?

I thought it was lrb 5 plus that mini revision, but no development or permanent injuries other than choosing 1 skill per game.

why exactly are the assassins pointless lakrillo? free chances to injure a player with no penalty rolls sounds particularly good to me. Although stab is less useful vs Orcs and Dwarves shadowing means they can still be used effectively, av7 is bad but they cant die. To be honest I think they make the DE team a bit too good, as the runner is much better than the thrower as well.

Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2008 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

sticking to my guns from last year, got me a mid place so it helps ive had a year to practice

Skaven
2 Blitzers
2 Gutter Runners
1 Thrower
8 Lineman
3 Rerolls
1 Fan Factor

/me is praying for high elves in the first round!

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2008 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

JockMcRowdy wrote:
why exactly are the assassins pointless lakrillo? free chances to injure a player with no penalty rolls sounds particularly good to me

The main reason of blocking is removing tacklezones from certain locations. Most of the times even a push is better than a failed stab. Stab might be useful against AV7, but against anything with a higher AV it`s pretty aweful. I`d take a block-lino over an assasin almost always.

On the other hand, AV8 is SO much better than AV7. Yes, they cannot die in a non-progression tourney - but they don`t need to. Even KO means that the drive is more secure for your opponent.

Failed stab lets your opponent knock down your players - not a thing you want, as you lose tacklezones, it gives him mobility etc.
Like failed blocks (no push or better) failed stabs had over momentum to your opponent - it`s just that failed stabs are so more likely.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2008 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

FF in LRB5 is only used when deciding your FAME. Both coaches roll 2d6 and adds their fanfactor. The one that got the highest gets +1 FAME for the whole game.
There is no result on the kickoff table that uses an modifier of FF, they all use FAME.
And you don't have to buy any FF for a starting team in LRB5.

As Brilliant coaching and Cheering fans is on position 6 and 8 on the kick off table, and they now are a D3 + FAME + Ass coaches/ cheerleaders, It is more worth to spend those 20k on one cheerleader and one assistant coach.

And read CircularLogics answer why assasins ain't worth to bother with.
Only thing i could see is that you could take one to chase gutter runners and wardancers with. For anything that aint av7 and blodge i rather use a normal block.
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2008 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

sorry i completely disagree about the assassins, they will be ideal for disrupting cages and marking players out of the games whilst they stay on the pitch.

Yes "The main reason of blocking is removing tacklezones from certain locations. Most of the times even a push is better than a failed stab" but they can block just as well as a lineman if needed and are far better than a lineman at marking players, which is what i tend to do on defense. Plus a lucky non pow'd lineman next to a BOB cant really do much, the assassin gets a free go at injuring him.

Non turnoverable (a word?) moves at low TV are good.

However I aim to try a few practice games with some of the suggested teams, and you may be proved right, we'll see.

Jump to: