27 coaches online • Server time: 01:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
tgrozow

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2003 - 15:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Just noticed that to add a team wizard the team has to have at least 50K in the treasury, otherwise the link does not appear. However, Dwarf alchemists cost 30K so the link should be available to a dwarf team when they have at least 30K in the treasury.
As an example you can check the following team:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=6909

They have 40K in their treasury but cannot buy an alchemist.
Surre

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2003 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Alchemist is quit pointless. All dwarfteam will hire them to every match and gain 5k in average. Not very funny implementation. This is the rules so this is of course not a complaint on Christer. Just a very boring rule. Couldn't Dwarfes have something more funny, like a blacksmith or something Smile
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2003 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately the "freeboot wizards during league play" rule makes them much less useful.
cataphract

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2003 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

psikobunny wrote:
Unfortunately the "freeboot wizards during league play" rule makes them much less useful.

not really... you pay 30k for d6 income... you loose money on a 1 or 2, break even on a 3 and make money on a 4+... since 67% of results are neutral or favourable so your're more likely to break even or gain money than loose money therefore if you hire one for each match you'll be rolling in it!

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2003 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

So y not making them cost 35k?
Mully

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2003 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

If you make them cost $35K they they are of NO use. The potential income offsets the fact that an opponent with a wizard can fry your players with a fireball, win the game and cost you $10K in winnings.

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2003 - 17:14
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:

Three letters that decide it for me: LRB.
cataphract

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2003 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:

then they have no use... 50% of outcomes are favourable 50% are unfavourable... therefore as we approach infinite games total income from hiring an alchemist every game will be 0.

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2003 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry.. misread your other post.
Thought you were saying that dwarfes should not be allowed to have such an additional source of income.
Grumsson

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2003 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Could the name on the rost, for the Dwarf teams, be chanced for team wizard?
MixX

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2003 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
CircularLogic wrote:

Three letters that decide it for me: LRB.

[Rant mode on]

Well I guess it's pointless to say this, due to the post above, but IMO alchemists are the most useless wizard around! Sure he will generate 5K income on average, but the first time he rolls a "1" will take another 4 average matches just to even out.. and you get NO MATCH BENEFIT from him.. therefore quite useless. It's not like dwarves need extra cash anyway... I know that fumbbl follows the LRB, and also that they couldn't change the client to allow Runesmiths even if they wanted to (which they don't - he's not LRB).

So all this is, in fact, is just a rant because I don't like the alchemist... What about an engineer, who either throws a bomb ( = fireball spell) or shoots with a rifle ( = lightning bolt), tadaaa, fluff satisfied and dwarves get a "wizard" just like everybody else. And before someone yells "go post your crap at talkbloodbowl", then this is simply to add my voice to the talk about the alchemist thingy... I know the change won't happen anyway, and least of all through fumbbl!

[Rant mode off]
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2003 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, there is a good chance that the dwarf wizard will be changed, I know there is an experimental version of him from a bbmag, it could very well become official. In that version he is a runesmith, and has a random chance of being able to put a temporary rune on a player that gives him some benefit for the match.

The Finishing Touch
 Jump to: