30 coaches online • Server time: 08:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you believe in Evolution?
Brains ...
52%
 52%  [ 78 ]
Pie
30%
 30%  [ 45 ]
Macavity
16%
 16%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 148

morraywolfymax

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2008 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's massivley flawed, simply for the one reason that it takes forever to get a player killed, I know you can all argue this but ti's true. At the end of the day it does take quite a while for a player to die. Look at the Zombie team above for example...

I suggest a different more logical approach to evolution. Instead of waiting to evolve a player when he dies why not evolve a player when he gains a skill? In the same sense it then sticks to evolution quite well. Does the lineman take block or does he turn into a blitzer with block? But once the player dies you have to start from scratch again...

Would make an interesting league!

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2008 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

morraywolfymax wrote:
I think it's massivley flawed, simply for the one reason that it takes forever to get a player killed, I know you can all argue this but ti's true. At the end of the day it does take quite a while for a player to die.

Not it you don't apoth RIPs. Smile

(I can't speak for how long it takes Zombie teams.)

In any case, the fact that the process takes a long time is the whole point!
Zaghrog

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2008 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

This idea seems nice. When creating a team for Evolution, which Division should it be in? Because I'm not sure [R]anked is the best for that... On top of that, I've never played anything other than [R]anked and [S]tunty.

'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go...
rumpage

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2008 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Gone 15 matches now without loosing a zombie (damn regeneration).
Eghost

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2008 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats why I pick rats, powergaming evolution to the max Very Happy
I killed 2 of Pac's players in a single game on saturday, so no big problem, altough regeneration can be a nightmare.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2008 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

You could do fluff for Rats that the Master Moulder keeps customising them Very Happy

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
PhrollikK

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2008 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Im loving this. Have had my eye on Habeli's Evolution teams since day 1 on fumbbl, but could never quite figure it out, that is, until good 'ole pac clarified things! Very Happy

Where can I find info on the other types of evolution (orc/human)? Will still probably go for undead or necro but was wondering.

pac

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2008 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

PhrollikK wrote:
Where can I find info on the other types of evolution (orc/human)?

Head for the group page (linked in the top post) and take a look at the bios of the member teams at the bottom.
Habeli

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2008 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Shocked Wow this is flattering - I think. =9
I never knew people would be so interested about my concept/team that they spec & follow its development, but to make teams of their own!

I've to add this thread to the group page...

Eghost wrote:
Oooh, might make a ratolution team. Would gutters or vermins be the ultimate step?
I'd say Rat Ogres are teh ultimate, for two reasons:
1) the amount of ROs is 0-1
2) ROs are mutated and trimmed to make the perfect killing machine in the tunnels, bit like they had evolved the most. Thats what I recall from skaven armybook fluff section for clan moulder.

Evolving could be something like this, with the possibility to go from
linerat->linerat->thrower->thrower->SV->RO
lino->lino->GR->GR->SV->RO

Or maybe
lino->lino->lino->positional->same positional->RO

Quote:
I suggest a different more logical approach to evolution. Instead of waiting to evolve a player when he dies why not evolve a player when he gains a skill?

They can evolve without dying when they reach 51spp (one step) and 126spp (two steps)
Zaghrog

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Does evolving without dying mean that the player gets retired? Or do you just buy a new player?

Also, is there some neat defensive set-up for all-Zombie teams or the like?

Eghost

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like I'm ready to go: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=457600
Just dont know why I lost the green background on my team. Must be punishment for the blatant copying Razz
Zaghrog

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Eghost wrote:
Looks like I'm ready to go: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=457600
Just dont know why I lost the green background on my team. Must be punishment for the blatant copying Razz

Play my team!

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=457601

AoP-Vimes

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Chickenbrain wrote:
Eghost wrote:
Oooh, might make a ratolution team. Would gutters or vermins be the ultimate step?

I would more go for the Rat Ogre, but thats me.

For instance a 5 step ladder:
Lineman -> Lineman -> Thrower -> Thrower -> Rat Ogre
or
Lineman -> Lineman -> GR -> GR -> SV

or any other way... Smile

Really believe in all the dead souls, that whisper in my and ur ears: You will have to many gutters, that want to fill the position of a vermin... they die that easy!
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Could it be interesting to include a "Mutations access" in the evolutionary tree? Let's say, something like "a player is not allowed to take mutations on doubles unless he has evolved to at least X spps in his previous life"

Which means that you might have GRs who develop without mutations, and when they die you can choose to either become Stormvermins or become gutter runners with Ph access.
Just an idea. After all mutations and Evolution go together pretty well...

Last edited by JanMattys on %b %22, %2008 - %12:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Eghost

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Zaghrog wrote:
Eghost wrote:

Play my team!

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=457601

At work now, can only browse the forum, maybe tonight or some other evening this week.
 Jump to: