65 coaches online • Server time: 00:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you believe in Evolution?
Brains ...
52%
 52%  [ 78 ]
Pie
30%
 30%  [ 45 ]
Macavity
16%
 16%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 148

AoP-Vimes

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys, i want to start such a ratolution team now, under the scheme of sadistic behaviour called "Ratolution - Chain and Pain". Its because someone in the UI thread has called my skaven masochistic, because they went throught the dark qualifier.

I thought about something lke u mentioned above:
lino (rattus masochisticus) --> lino (rattus subdominantus) --> thrower (rattus sadisiticus)--> thrower (rattus dominantus)--> RO (rattus gigantus sadisiticus)

and

lino (rattus masochisticus) --> lino (rattus ?) --> gutter (rattus )--> gutter (rattus catenatus)--> vermin (rattus verminatus)

Only the second form of each positional is allowed to have mutations, besides the vermin and the RO.

The problem is, that im missing correct latin names and some names for the gutters and throwers, that fits into that scheme.

Woulda be nice, to hear something from you.
Oh... and pls correct me, if I use incorrect forms, i have absolutly never took ANY lessons in latin. Smile

Last edited by AoP-Vimes on %b %22, %2008 - %15:%Apr; edited 2 times in total
Eghost

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Could it be interesting to include a "Mutations access" in the evolutionary tree? Let's say, something like "a player is not allowed to take mutations on doubles unless he has evolved to at least X spps in his previous life"

Which means that you might have GRs who develop without mutations, and when they die you can choose to either become Stormvermins or become gutter runners with Ph access.
Just an idea. After all mutations and Evolution go together pretty well...

Incorporated in a bit easier form, only the 2nd species of the same postional can have mutations, except the Vermin and Ogre, they're too far on the track already to even dream of Razz
AoP-Vimes

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

kehehe... i dont think of using an apo on a second unmutational form... but okay. I will include this.
Only the second form is allowed to have mutas.
Thx.

---> I have proven the opposite!
Lofwyr

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I would choose other routes, the "AG and ballhandling"-route with thrower, thrower and then GR
and the basher-route, with Stormvermin, Stormvermin to RO.
Eghost

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Aop, I dont think you need latin names, just use english words and put -us behind it Razz Silly online dictionaries are bad, they dont even give a latin word for rat. I had 4 yrs at school but cant remember much, I assume rats are a different class of animals and therefor dont have a direct translation.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

As long as I remember, rat = mus, muris

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh... very well... much thx for it.
Okay... as far as many of you cry, as i write english Smile i think i try it again, and u tell me, what i am spelling wrong Smile
Thx for the advie with the ballhandling. That soundz nice. The only problem is to get four gutters ^^.
I might go with gutters first and then thrower as far as i love the elven like playing with skaven Smile

Eghost

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, just read something about it, but it means mouse as well.
AoP-Vimes

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

lino (rattus masochisticus) --> lino 2nd(rattus subdominantus) --> vermin (rattus sadisiticus)--> vermin 2nd (rattus dominantus)--> RO (rattus gigantus dominantus)

and

lino (rattus masochisticus) --> lino 2nd(rattus ?) --> gutter (rattus ropus)--> gutter 2nd(rattus chainus)--> thrower (rattus whippus lashus)

Only the second form of each positional is allowed to have mutations, besides the thrower and the RO.

Last edited by AoP-Vimes on %b %22, %2008 - %16:%Apr; edited 2 times in total
AoP-Vimes

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

and now i need some visualization hints how to get the tree into my bviography the way, its posted in the group.
Woulda be quite nice, to have some one to tell me that.
THx 4.

Zaghrog

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

What should be done with injured players in this kind of teams? They are of no real use (unless they have lots of spp), but they're not dead either. Could they be replaced by another player of the same type, or would this be too much "cheating"?

'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go...
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Eghost wrote:
Yeah, just read something about it, but it means mouse as well.

mouse = mus domesticus (I think)

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

It is their wish to get injured. Its all they long for.
as far as to get injured is some kind of what they want, ill probably would agree with some kind of evolve after they have got their second or third niggling or stat decrease.
Hows about: (2 nigglings) OR (1 niggling + 2 stat decrease) ---> Evolve?

I would guess, that from that way of evolving AND looked at the lower av, they would evolve a much more faster, then zombie teams, so this kind of evolution is the "light" version of ur other undead teams.
pac

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Zaghrog wrote:
What should be done with injured players in this kind of teams? They are of no real use (unless they have lots of spp), but they're not dead either. Could they be replaced by another player of the same type, or would this be too much "cheating"?

As always, the rules you want to use are up to you.

If I retire a player because of injuries (which I will, because I have lots of money and nothing to spend it on) that player fails at evolution (I'm looking at you, spubbbba) and has to go back to square one if it wants to try again.

This hasn't come up too often yet as I apoth perms (and even MNGs) but not RIPs.
AoP-Vimes

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2008 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm
crippled evo = failed evo....
doesnt fit into the sado- maso theme...

k... until the first evos will come, this team is ready to get chained.

Applyied to group and kickoff!
 Jump to: