51 coaches online • Server time: 16:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Barash

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2003 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I saw a post about the tracked Passing and Rushing squarage during the game. I think this is a wonderfull feature. Are the fumbble Gods (ehm.. I mean admins) considering implementing features in fumbble like:

Best total Passing and Rushing squarage per player/per team
Best average Passing and Rushing squarage per game per player/per team
and/or other nice features?

I'm considering deleting all current teams if this features are going to be implemented, to get this stat's right for my team's. (except the tournament teams ofcourse.)

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2003 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I've also been intrigued by this new feature. I was wondering if it could be turned into yards, to match the 2nd ed fluff for some of the star players back then. My reckoning is that one square moved equals about 4 yards; the board is 26 squares, end to end, and 2nd ed fluff said Bloodbowl pitches were one-hundred paces long. Paces roughly equal yards, for those of you not familiar with yards.
So if these stats are tracked, could we have them in yards? Or is squarage better than yardage?

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2003 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I reckon that yardage looks more impressive than squarage as the stats would be higher, quicker. (makes absolutely no difference though)

I've not looked, (and wouldn't even know how to), but I'm assuming the counter is only activated when the player holding the ball is active. e.g. not simply on the receiving end of a block and subsequent pushback. (oh, and only when running in the right direction).

Regardless of how it works, and what other features the "Gods" have in store for us, hats off to Ski and Christer (and the admins) for all their work and dedication in to the daddy of all Bloodbowl sites & clients.

We are not worthy. Wink
Chappy

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2003 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

My reckoning is that one square moved equals about 4 yards

How many meters is that? Smile

Down with the metric system!!!
Barash

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2003 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

a feet is 30.4801 cm, 3 yards go into a feet, er... no.. 30.4801 cm goes three times in a yard that makes four of those hmmm about 91.440cm in a yard times 4: 365.7612 centimeter, then devided by 100 something like 3.66 Meter.. let's put in 3.66 meter per square then! that's much better indeed!

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2003 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

The metric system is the work of the DEVIL! My car gets three rods to the hogshead and thats the way I like it.
meatpack

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2003 - 03:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I may be a little out of date but is this something that IS implemented or is it something they are considering????

I'm a newbie....
so give me a break...
DING!

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2003 - 03:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok...I am apparantly blind...Please have mercy oh fickle mob, forgive me for my poor reading comprehension skills... I got a C in that area...
I'm sorry...

Hey!! I just found out you can edit these things... again, I apologize. This time it's for the unnecessary second post.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2003 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Any Admin who could answer this question?

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2003 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm... lets see the english system is superior to the metric... because ?
the smallest unit is an inch wich means that everything smaller than 2.5 cm has to be given in fractions Smile

--->_________<---- being 2.5 cm
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2003 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Translating to yardage is the only thing that makes since as BloodBowl is based on the NFL (nuffle amorical football) and the original pitch was an excavated NFL field.

Cheers.

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2003 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

We must adhere to the rules as taught us by High Priest Roz-El !!!!
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2003 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

What happens to the stats generated at the end of the game? Are they aggregates somewhere and if not, will they be?
Barash

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2003 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope so ClayInfinity.. and will they do it backwards for the games we play now?

I spoke with Mr-Klipp about it, he said that it will be implemented someday probably, all we need is an admin who makes some time to write some code for it.

I'm trying to be patient Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2003 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
My car gets three rods to the hogshead and thats the way I like it

ha ha ha.
The simpsons - Love it !
 Jump to: