37 coaches online • Server time: 18:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
NickBII

Post   Posted: May 24, 2008 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

My star Orc Blitzer just dropped a pass. My troll saved the turn for me by catching the ball. Then he failed his Really Stupid roll. I love this game.

I didn't know whether he was supposed to drop the ball, so I rolled a D6 and got lucky. He held on to the ball.

What would the rest of you do in this situation?

I'm playing LRB 5.0.
Longshanks

Post   Posted: May 24, 2008 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Celebrate ? Very Happy
Wraith

Post   Posted: May 24, 2008 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

NickBII wrote:
My star Orc Blitzer just dropped a pass. My troll saved the turn for me by catching the ball. Then he failed his Really Stupid roll. I love this game.

I didn't know whether he was supposed to drop the ball, so I rolled a D6 and got lucky. He held on to the ball.

What would the rest of you do in this situation?

I'm playing LRB 5.0.

Really Stupid: Racial Characteristic This player is without doubt one of the dimmest creatures to ever take to a Blood Bowl field (which considering the IQ of most other players is really saying something!). Because of this you must roll a D6 after declaring an action for the player, but before taking the action. If there's one or more players from the same team standing adjacent to the really stupid player's square, and who aren't also really stupid, then add +2 to the D6 roll. On roll of 1-3 they stand around trying to remember what it is they're meant to be doing. The player can't do anything for the turn, and the player's team loses the declared action for that turn (so if a Really Stupid player declares a Blitz and rolls a 1, then the team cannot declare another Blitz that turn). The player loses his tackle zone and may not catch or pass the ball, assist either player on a block or foul, or move voluntarily until he manages to roll a 4 or better at the start of a future action.

I would think that he would catch the ball, as long as he did not fail the really stupid roll, prior to the scatter and catch. Unless I'm mis-understanding the sequence you described.
NickBII

Post   Posted: May 24, 2008 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

That's what happened.

The question is standing there holding the ball "doing anything for the turn."

I really have to celebrate for my troll. He scored a TD. In his very first game. His did it so slowly he probably lost the game, but hey. Games come easy. Trollish touchdowns do not.
Darkson

Post   Posted: May 24, 2008 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

If a Big Guy holds the ball, and then fails the nega-trait (any of them) they do not drop the ball.

Toby..er..Force..er..BigMac..er..Capt.Powerpoint..er..Cookie_Shark wrote:
Im sory but you come across unwilling to learn and unreasonabble.
catmando

Post   Posted: May 24, 2008 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Troll-Ball!!!!

I love Troll-Ball!!!

Congrats!!!!

\0/ \o/ \o/

Post   Posted: May 27, 2008 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Darkson wrote:
If a Big Guy holds the ball, and then fails the nega-trait (any of them) they do not drop the ball.

I agree with Darkson.
It doesn't say they drop the ball, so they keep hold of it.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2008 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I also have a rules question:
Is the side step move made before or after the follow up move?
I'm also using LRB 5
spelledaren

Post   Posted: May 29, 2008 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

before

Post   Posted: May 29, 2008 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

sidestep is done during the push back, which happens before the follow up.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
Zaghrog

Post   Posted: May 29, 2008 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Eugene wrote:
I also have a rules question:
Is the side step move made before or after the follow up move?
I'm also using LRB 5

If it hasn't changed from LRB 4, it's the same as any follow-up: the sidestepping player first decides where to sidestep, then the blocking player gets to decide whether to follow-up.

'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go...
 Jump to: