33 coaches online • Server time: 00:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2008 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

The FUMBBL Hall of Fame is now accepting nominations for the class of 2507. Please make sure to give the site a good read through before posting nominations (especially read the category descriptions).

I'd like to encourage that those nominating (or seconding) write a brief "speech" including their reasons. This will come in handy when creating a wiki page if your nominee gets inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Feel free to re-nominate someone from the 2505 or the 2506 list of nominees.

Note: You may not nominate yourself or one of your teams or players.
This is an exercise in honouring others, not an exercise in shameless self-promotion.

Quote:
After 2 years of having little to no spare time in real life, I am now a free man once more. As a result I will start updating the Recordopedia again, have received the blessing of EvolveToAnarchism to preside over the revamped FUMBBL Hall of Fame, and will even re-enter the coaching arena at the end of june 2008! It is great to be back, Fluff-buffs, if you feel like contributing, any help is welcome!

Some of the current nominees for the Class of 2507

BUILDERS
1. "Synn should already be in the HoF. Not just for coaching skill, but for helping to build the fumbbl community." by Texan
2. "Emphasy" by Qaz
3. "Candlejack should be in for best attitude!! And also for what he has done for the communithy...." by Melmoth and "Candlejack should be in for builders for an often forgotten reason... He created the XFL. He then gracefully gave it up when time commitments were crunching his schedule rather than drag on and see it suffer. His class and his inspiration still live on in the XFL today." by Synn
4. "Angie (Love her or hate her)" by Rijssiej and "Angie - you'd have to be stupid not to nominate her, I wont even bother listing the stuff shes done for FUMBBL because theres no need, you should already know." by SillySod
5. "Plenty of other notable coaches have done alot for the community (like Seraphimred) but I think that Koadah definately deserves a nomination... he has run numerous leagues but his greatest contribution is the 145 Club which seems to have become a key part of newbie life, we might have lost a considerable number of new coaches without this excellent institution." by SillySod and "Koadah does a lot for the sub 150 cr guys on fumbbl, an awful lot. Even though he is now in the 160s himself. A selfless act." by harvestmouse
6. “trog. i cant believe he hasnt been nominated yet so ill put him forward. a great admin with a good attitude to his role. he needs to start spending more time here again (damn man off being a hero an putting out fires instead of looking after us *grumble, grumble).” by paulhicks

COACHES
1. "Arktoris for beeing a nice guy! And for his great work with the (in)famous Hellbound Charioteers. A good rolemodel for the kids." by Skolobender
2. "Paulhicks in the coach catagory. Guaranteed fun game." by Chewie & Coalheart and “My main goal on this site is to have fun, spill blood and cause carnage, so I will nominate the 2 coaches that have the most mutual fun with that kind of game: Paulhicks (right back at ya, but not just because of your nomination) and Burnalot.” by Manbush
3. "Synn should already be in the HoF. Not just for coaching skill, but for helping to build the fumbbl community." by Texan
4. "Emphasy" by Qaz
5&6. "I nominate Cloggy and Purplegoo in the coaches category. Both have the skills and the right spirit." by JanMattys
7. "Woodstock (Have you ever played a faster game?)" by Rijssiej
8. "Jack Daniels deserves a nomination. While he may not be the most active R coach, he has dominated the rankings for good long while now, and has won 2 majors consecutively. Thats no mean feat." by PurpleChest
9. "PeteW is the most successful majors' coach to date, with three finals and two wins. So he should go in before Jack IMHO." by MadTias and "I dont think you can call it a hall of fame without the uber-lucker king of the noobs PeteW. He has won 2 majors and come extremely close to a third, always a strong contender he also won the GT last year and many other "minor" tournaments." by SillySod
10. "PurpleChest for being the king of SMACK. Winning all the SMACK categories with the same team is no mean feat either." by MadTias
11. manbush, “hes a great coach with a cool atitude to the game. lots of fun to play and talk to. if it wasnt for the fact he lives so far away and looks a litle bit like diego maradona id have his babies” by paulhicks
12. “Has not Habeli been nominated? Him and his Evolution of Undead pixels? Well then put him on the list” by PhrollikK
13. “My main goal on this site is to have fun, spill blood and cause carnage, so I will nominate the 2 coaches that have the most mutual fun with that kind of game: Paulhicks (right back at ya, but not just because of your nomination) and Burnalot.” by Manbush
14. "Pigstar ( not mentioned so far but has the record in winning smacks)" by Melmoth

TEAMS
1. "Khorne's Scorn coached by KhorneliusPraxx. Reaching a 1000 games a few days ago. Team has a funny build with a first skill is random prophecy! CW's with kick for the win! And they lost 666 of their 1000 games. That has Hall of Fame written all over it!" by Skolobender
2. "The Hellbound Charioteers are infinately cool , being played in a hugely fun and well themed manner. Did you know that once all their team was dead?" by SillySod and "As for the teams... Well, after reading that "no self-promotion" thing I guess I'll have to stick with the obvious: HELLBOUND CHARIOTEERS coached by Arktoris!" by JanMattys and “fantastic team with balls the size of melons” by paulhicks?“ and “I also nominate the Hellbound Charioteers, who as far as fluff goes, are the most accurate portrayal of Norsemen. Also the only team i know of to rebuild form ZERO players.” by Manbush
3. "Lavino Fighting Hellfishes (How can these not be already on the list)" by Rijssiej
4&5. "Hellfish, Nandies and Startrek have been the biggest three (and by biggest, I guess I mean most famous) teams in my two years on site, and I wouldn't be able to choose between them." by Purplegoo
6. "Schmertzal Darkbones, highest casualty causers, close to their thousandth game and only 1 player away form finishing their quest. Truly groundbreaking." by harvestmouse and “For teams, I nominate the Schmerztal Darkbones for their accomplishments, from setting the casuatly record to developing 100+spp zombies.” by Manbush
7. "i suddenly realised that synns dead bunnies havnt been nominated yet and are definately deserving of a mention” by paulhicks
8. “Has not Habeli been nominated? Him and his Evolution of Undead pixels? Well then put him on the list” by PhrollikK
9. "Copenhagen Trippers, 100 Matches in a row vs CDs and Dwarfs and a winning record with Zons!!!" by Melmoth

PLAYERS
1. "Mr T (538 games, 1076 spp, omg!)" by Rijssiej and "This should have been the place for the guy who killed Mr. T... But sadly he retired before we got the chance to molest his barky behind. So I feel that the guy now truly deserves a place in the Hall of fame. There fore I nominate Mr. T" by Skolobender
2. "I'd like to nominate Benny Hill (such a nice skeleton player) who's chasing the glory to become a legandary player in the SKELETON category (none yet)" by Coalheart
3. "Mathew Bellamy... a cool tree, alltime best ever on a woodelf team and one that faced many dirty players. I was sad to see him die" by SillySod and "Well its the saddest month for trees. Mr T retired, but even more shocking news is the death of Bellamy. So I nominate him for the player award." by harvestmouse
4. Pappacampbelgjcdks The Donation Bunny "Dreadclaw's troll - 61 td troll? Hell yeah!" by PandaPower and "YES" by SillySod
5. "alien from aquetas' intense fear team used to be one of my total favorite psychos"
6."I nominate Lupone in the players category. Top Fun from the TTM Airlines..." by JanMattys & Melmoth

Last edited by Lord_Splutticus on %b %26, %2008 - %14:%Jun; edited 16 times in total
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2008 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

A first nomination in the Coaches Category:

Naama - As Viewed by Synn
There seems to be a paradox on FUMBBL that no true bashy Chaos could ever achieve lasting success in the win/loss statistics. Certainly a "mindless" basher would just cripple his opponent in a qualifier and lose quick. Even a proper Chaos team qualifying for a major in the large environment that is today's FUMBBL was seen as a shock from all the online pundits.

Well meet Naama...

Naama's contribution to Chaos is well understood. Eschewing ball playing skills and focusing on the sheer brutality of Chaos, Naama managed to do the unthinkable when he managed to qualify for two straight FUMBBL CUPs (IV and V) and entered the first Warpstone Open. Despite the inherent viciousness of his teams, what really seperates Naama was his brand of positioning. Rather than spread his team like a hammer... Naama is known for performing surgery on an opponent. A frequent tool in his arsenal was a multiblocking blitzer capable of making his one blitz action a critical blow.

Entering three majors with the same team is a rarity in FUMBBL. This puts Rhazgul's Judgement and Naama in a very distinguished category alongside teams such as The Nandorins.

In addition to the accomplishments, Naama has succeeded in establishing a large fan base through his unique playing style. As such, the following terms have been entered into the FUMBBL lexicon:

Pulling a Naama: (Noun) To intentionally end a tourney game as a tie in order to play a full Overtime period.
Naama'ing a player: (Verb) To maim a player in such a manner that the opposing coach immediately retires him. Noted when you see a player in the last section with the "m" in their injury box.
As he approaches game #500, lets take this moment to look back at a unique figure.

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2008 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Edited: behind Sputter all the way.

__Synn

Last edited by Synn on %b %12, %2008 - %22:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Skolopender

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2008 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I nominate:

Coach:
Arktoris for beeing a nice guy! And for his great work with the (in)famous Hellbound Charioteers. A good rolemodel for the kids.

Team:
Khorne's Scorn coached by KhorneliusPraxx. Reaching a 1000 games a few days ago. Team has a funny build with a first skill is random prophecy! CW's with kick for the win! And they lost <b>666</b> of their 1000 games. That has Hall of Fame written all over it!

Player:
This should have been the place for the guy who killed Mr. T... But sadly he retired before we got the chance to molest his barky behind. So I feel that the guy now truly deserves a place in the Hall of fame. There fore I nominate Mr. T

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2008 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to nominate Benny Hill (such a nice skeleton player) who's chasing the glory to become a legandary player in the SKELETON category (none yet)

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=5548803

I'd also like to nominate Paulhicks as a coach Smile

Coalheart's Blood bowl lair!
Chewie

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2008 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Paulhicks in the coach catagory.

Guaranteed fun game.
Texan

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2008 - 02:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn should already be in the HoF. Not just for coaching skill, but for helping to build the fumbbl community.

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2008 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

So Should Emphasy eaven thou he is not here any more.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2008 - 03:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Candlejack should be in for best attitude!! And also for what he has done for the communithy....
BiggieB

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2008 - 04:35 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZhYt_jEeMg
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2008 - 05:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Edit: Point raised and explanation given.

All better. Never mind the confusion.

Last edited by BadMrMojo on %b %12, %2008 - %18:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2008 - 06:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm very confused to exactly whats going on in this scandal but I'll post my nominations tommorow anyway Very Happy

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2008 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Edited - don`t want to get involved in that thing ever again. So scratch my comment.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2008 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I nominate Cloggy and Purplegoo in the coaches category.
Both have the skills and the right spirit.

As for the teams... Well, after reading that "no self-promotion" thing I guess I'll have to stick with the obvious: HELLBOUND CHARIOTEERS coached by Arktoris!

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2008 - 09:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
Look here....

Its cute and all that you returned and want to give back to the community.... it really is. Just because you return and say "this is mine" doesn't make it yours no matter what Evo said.

While you and him were gone making the HoF inactive... it was being looked at quietly by a group of coaches (among them.... me). We didn't stock it with our friends.... we didn't pay homage to the legions of cherrypicking elves who walked through majors.... we simply pulled instances of quality where they were found. Just so happened that in 2007, Naama was the best example we could find (only one entry).

Take this as a 'welcome back' and a 'respect the people who were here while your real life got busy'.

Clear?

__Synn

I understand your sentiment, and it all makes sense, I will reinstate Naama immediately, unless anybody protests vehemently, in which case I will put it up for a forum vote. Is that ok for you Synn ?

I went in and made the changes to get the ball rolling as quickly as possible, sorry if I stepped on some toes in the proces, I didn't mean to do so.

I also don't see the HoF as 'mine' by the way, I am just taking up end responsibility, so stuff gets done, and there is somebody people can complain to when stuff is done poorly, as has happened now with the Naama incident.

Also, as mentioned previously, if anyone wants to help, help is more than welcome, so we can then run it with several people on equal footing.

Does this settle things for now Synn ?

Jump to: