70 coaches online • Server time: 22:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Focus

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2008 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Unlucky Heroes vs Dandelion Eaters

Dandelion Eaters too much blodge vs 3 tacklers for the Orcs. Only 1 Dirty player each I predict a 2-0 bloodless win to the Dandelion Eaters
Nuffle obviously favors my predictions if not my dice, Dandelion Eaters win via forfeit

Your Mother's Orcs vs Hellgate's Last try

Your Mother's Orcs in a close one here, probably 2-1. Fair bit of blood on both sides probably. I predict Sir Justus to niggle out of the game and possibly being the difference.
Your Mother's Orcs win 2-0, sure I missed the result by 1 td but I defy you all to doubt me now!

Bone Thugs and Tragedy vs Phasers Set To Fabulous

Phasers set to Fabulous should have an easy run here, I can't see BT&T's trio of DP's making much of a difference here either. If they do manage to wreak some havoc it'll be 2-0 to Texan. If Tex nullifies them he'll win 3-0.
Texan lets me down in the faith I had in him with a 1-0 loss. Still one of my fave coaches though!

LRB5 takes us vs Burn the witch

LRB 5 Takes us is my fave team on fumbbl, so it is with a heavy heart that I think Sickroy's Dark Elves will get up. I think the treasury of Burn the Witch will be the difference. 1-1 at full time 2-1 to the elves in overtime but with heavy losses.
1-0 to Burn the Witch. Sad one to be proven correct

Corpse Factory vs Dark Judges

Too close to call! It'll be a foul war which I think Corpse Factory might just come out on top of. I predict pouring rain and tied at FT and OT going to Corpse Factory by coin toss.
Corpse Factory wins! No coin toss though, guess that was a bit ambitious.

Matez0rs vs Ulthan Nobles

The dwarfs are 3/0/0 against High Elves, 6/0/0 against all Elves, but at an average 23 TS lower for the HE. I think the superior class of the High Elves will shine through here, Dwarfs usually needing some freakish players and greater strength to combat the lack of a wizard. They don't have it here 2-0.
This is why Dwarfs are hard to pick. got the score right but it was the Dwarfs who won.

Invencibles vs No Win No Beer

Another tough one, Dwarves are so hard to predict. The Dark Elves have a considerable TR advantage but I can see a possible virus leading to 230 spp of elf niggling out. Add to this the fact that Azyx has a stellar record against dark elves and I call it 1-0 Dwarves.
No win no beer will be drinking tonight after winning 2-1, big hello to those who asked why I picked dorfs over darkies with a wizard =D

Red Rock Reavers vs Poems

Poems is my sentimental favorite for the GLT as I love poetry, but I just don't think they're angry enough to overcome the Orcs in the first round. No RSC, 3 claws and 1 dp can't be overcome by the leaping heroics of a certain imba CW Wink Orcs 2-0.
Poems win 1-0, Clearly the match was thrown by Brainsaw to undo my earlier cockiness over predicting PeteW's win. Good job though Leijonet Smile

Round 1 - 5 out of 8. Not too shabby

----------Round 2 Picks----------

As the matchups get, well, matched up, I'll make my round 2 picks and so on as the tourney progresses

Poems Vs No Win No Beer

As usual my indecisiveness when picking matches with dwarfs gives me pause. I think that the dwarfs of Azyx have all the necessary skills to deal with Leijonet's Chaos, but going by what I saw of the first round matches I'm going to have to pick Poems. Despite having an extra dauntless player I don't think that the dwarves have the strength to take on 4 str 4 and 2 str 5 players that the chaos have. I assume that Leijonet will buy a wizard, and that Azyx will hire Zara for the extra dauntless. Azyx's first round opponent made some dubious tactical decisions (not that I could do any better hehe) and I think that Leijonet will manage a better defense with some tougher players and choke up the Dwarf attack. Combine said stronger defense with tougher players to protect equally as agile ball runners and I see Poems winning 2-0

Matez0rs Vs Corpse Factory

More detail if I get time to study the teams before they actually play, but at the moment after a cursory glance my pick is Matez0rs winning 1-0

Bone Thugs and Tragedy Vs Burn the Witch

More detail if I get time to study the teams before they actually play, but at the moment after a cursory glance my pick is Burn the Witch winning 2-1

Your Mother's Orcs Vs Dandelion Eaters

More detail if I get time to study the teams before they actually play, but at the moment after a cursory glance my pick is Your Mother's Orcs winning easily, score irrelevant lol

At the moment (10:35am aussie EST, 10th July) My pick is Your Mother's Orcs to waltz in to the final and then waltz away with the trophy. May as well engrave it now. Game over.

Last edited by Focus on %b %10, %2008 - %02:%Jul; edited 8 times in total
Kill-Kill

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2008 - 06:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Leijonet is going to take those orcs apart. You heard it here first.

But you made up the reasons to fight
Texan

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2008 - 06:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice work on the picks. I agree with kill that Leijonet takes his game.

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2008 - 07:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I just hope your picks are right Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2008 - 07:30 Reply with quote Back to top

You predicted a coin toss and a niggle hitting? Man, your predictions are hard core!

And yes, Poems go on, by 1-0.

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2008 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice picks! I hope you are right. I wouldn;t bet on myself to beat Gunslinger. He has more guard and more AG and more ST and two nasty double claws. The only thing I win on is FF. GTR please fans! \o/

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2008 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
The only thing I win on is FF.

n00b luck anyone?
PeteW

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2008 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Rijssiej wrote:
PeteW wrote:

n00b luck anyone?

FALE

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2008 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

PeteW wrote:
Rijssiej wrote:
PeteW wrote:

n00b luck anyone?

FALE

You killed Kenney!

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2008 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

It feels kinda nice that the only game that people have actively disagreed with Focus' predictions is mine. Thanks guys!

It's always fun to look at predictions, I for one welcomes more of these. More specific strenghs/weaknesses of teams? Who will win the second rounds? Which team will be the last one standing? Bring it, bring it I say!

Leijonet -Winging justice since 6/9-08
runreallyfast

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2008 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's hard to argue with Poems being the favourite in that match up.

And, for what it's worth, I agree with PeteW - he will need luck, and quite a bit of it, to beat Gunslinger here. Hellgate's Last Try is stronger, more agile, better at hurting people, has higher TS, and gets a handicap. My own prediction here; the orcs spend their treasury and lose anyway.
Mateuszzzzzz

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2008 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

runreallyfast wrote:
better at hurting people,

I disagree here 2 claw/rsc + 2 claw vs av9 is less painful then 8 mb vs av 8 on half of a team (thats not counting dps, big guys and stars). At least in my book.
Optihut

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2008 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Mateuszzzzzz wrote:
runreallyfast wrote:
I better at hurting people,

I disagree here 2 claw/rsc + 2 claw vs av9 is less painful then 8 mb vs av 8 on half of a team (thats not counting dps, big guys and stars). At least in my book.

Depends on how many blocks are done. I'd think that effective armour 7 with a +2 on injury is removing more people from the pitch than just an effective armour 7 (well, granted MB is slightly better than that considering the +1 on injury on 9+ armour rolls, but still...).
Mateuszzzzzz

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2008 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut wrote:
Mateuszzzzzz wrote:
runreallyfast wrote:
I better at hurting people,

Depends on how many blocks are done. I'd think that effective armour 7 with a +2 on injury is removing more people from the pitch than just an effective armour 7 (well, granted MB is slightly better than that considering the +1 on injury on 9+ armour rolls, but still...).

Claw/rsc is ceirtanely more dangerous in blitzing game. But in this particular matchup i predict lots of midpitch brawl where huge number of mb blocks will come on a top.
runreallyfast

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2008 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Claw/rsc is ceirtanely more dangerous in blitzing game. But in this particular matchup i predict lots of midpitch brawl where huge number of mb blocks will come on a top.

I'm not so sure of that, although of course it could go that way.

I think it likely, though, that Gunslinger can dodge away the potential victims. The guard totals seem fairly even; the chaos players have two more +ST guys; it's going to be painful for the orcs to initiate too much contact.
 Jump to: