70 coaches online • Server time: 17:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Leijonet

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2008 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't forget that one claw/rsc has multiblock as well. This coupled with Hellgates guard advantage potentially gives Gunslinger two claw/rsc blocks/turn, as long as he can keep that player out of the main brawl. Even if he doesn't manage to knock orcs down pushbacks will allow him to capitalize on the strengh advantage and clear away the orcs with 2d blocks. ...Maybe.

On the other hand AV9 is indeed tough to break, and three DPs for the orcs might allow them to get rid of some guarders early on. Slightly higher FF gives advantage on PI and slightly on GTR rolls, although GTR is still too close to call. Add to this that PeteW has "only" 14 players (plus most likely a Star of some sort). This means that he can't take that heavy losses; four players out is not uncommon when playing violent teams, despite AV9, which would give Chaos a numerical advantage.

However, while discussing all this violence we mustn't forget that there are other ways to win. Yes, really, I swear! There really are. Chaos have no players with MA7+, while the Orcs have a MA8 blitzer for quick scores and a gobbo for oneturning. Chaos on the other hand have three AG4 players to the Orcs 0, allowing them to play the passing game if necessary. Both teams have a niggle on a good player, although I think Chaos will be worse off if their player (4549 block guard CW) stays out.

Both teams have a wiz that can turn the game, as proven by my wiz in my qualifier finals vs Synn, where a fireball dropped six orcs allowing me to run with the ball for a tie and OT. Finally there's a handicap for Chaos, always a wild card. Morley's, Greatest, Virus, Iron Man, Smelling Salts and even Bad Press could hurt considerably for PeteW.

This turned out to be a much longer analysis than I thought, now time to get back to work.

Leijonet -Winging justice since 6/9-08
MadTias

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2008 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

No Win No Beer and Poems in the bottom two matches are the safest bets to win IMHO. The rest are open affairs. Some very spectacular matches coming up...
Kill-Kill

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2008 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't forget the goblin each team gets.... A bomber could change any of these games.

But you made up the reasons to fight
Loew

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2008 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

let's not forget that Gunslinger is a cheater!

his beastman No 12 is a exact clone of his beastman No 13!

...that is, if you don't look at how the SPP were accumulated Wink
fly

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2008 - 16:14 Reply with quote Back to top

are any of the games scheduled already ? i wonder where the gobbos are :-9

xcver

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2008 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Unlucky Heroes vs Dandelion Eaters is scheduled for tuesday 22.45 server time.

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2008 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Your foolish claw vs MB calculations did not take into effect the biggest factor in the game.... PeteW luck!!!! \o/ Rawr! Etc.

@flyor - you can see which team has which gobbo by clicking on the html roster. Very Happy

@Xcver - go woodies! Make sure you win.... and lose lots of players to MNG. Very Happy

orc smash!

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2008 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

MadTias wrote:
No Win No Beer and Poems in the bottom two matches are the safest bets to win IMHO. The rest are open affairs. Some very spectacular matches coming up...

Why are the dwarves a cert? The darkies can afford a wizzie...

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2008 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Nicely done PeteW! I regret missing your game, I was out drinking alcoholic beverages. I must admit I was hoping for some more cas for Gunslinger, but then again there's plenty of time for you to get hurt/kicked out of the tournament. I'm semi-planning on doing more predictions on your half of the tourney, it would be nice if someone did the same of my half. Good luck, and see you in the finals!

Leijonet -Winging justice since 6/9-08
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Pete, tell me, how exactly did SneakyFox get -AG in the game vs Gunslinger, without MNG?
Focus

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 06:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I mock all of thee who doubted my prediction of a PeteW win. Next!

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Has any of the GLT participants tried loading a game in stand alone of their match up? I have and every single time ( 8 ) I come up with the same pick of cheaters.
runreallyfast

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

That's probably because he's on your roster page, Schalburg. Smile

http://fumbbl.com/teams/Dark+Judges.html - right at the bottom; William Darktree, chainsaw.

You will apparently be facing the fearsome Darkstone, Khemri Bomber.
Schalburg

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed i will.
Schalburg

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2008 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Spot on, I had not noticed this thx. Wish I had the bomber vs Khemri. Later when facing elves we could bring a saw Smile
 Jump to: