28 coaches online • Server time: 12:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dunk

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2008 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

"Update 12/07-08"
I just got cherrypicked for the last time for awhile. I cant seem to find anyone in academy who plays in academy to learn or teach. They are just looking for an idiot like me that they can win over. How much fun can it be winning over me, a beginner who dont even know the rules yet? Would it not be more satisfying winning over someone that are your equal? I guess not, hope you enjoy that little powerrush.
I have had it, I play games for fun and beeing fooled and having my team (that I spent three hours fixing with images and such) totaly trashed in its second game is not my idea of fun. Im not comming back anytime soon. I know I wont be missed...
Exept by the cherrypickers.

Good bye.

/Dunk
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2008 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I would feel sorry for you, and I hope you change your mind. I do however take exception with the labelling you have given some coaches.

Your last game for example. That coach in no way can be labelled a picker. He doesn't have a picking bone in his body.

He is a sub 150cr coach, who still has things to learn. He has played you at nearly -30ts with a dynomite team, when you are using one of the stronger starting teams.

I hope you do comeback and have better luck. I also hope your first action on returning will be to apologise to some of those you are labelling as pickers. Especially the last, who is categorically not!

Last edited by harvestmouse on %b %12, %2008 - %17:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2008 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

tl;dr

--j

ImageImage
Calcium

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2008 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Just read your profile blog. 'Won't play Dwarves, Ogres or Khemri' - i.e 'I'm happy to dish out the pain with Chaos/Orc but not happy to receive it.' Not the most welcoming profile info ever!

Mabye you just had a bad start, but there's a lot of coaches out there that will be happy to help you (myself included) in [A]. BUT...That doesn't mean that you will not be fouled, or maimed, or killed. Thats just a fact of BB. And trust me, if you ever come back, thats the most fundamental thing to get to grips with. As for creating teams, just recycle em! Cut + paste is for winners!

A lot of coaches (me included) forget that this was always meant to be a comedy game. Thats partly FUMBBL's fault. But FUMBBL aslo accomodates every type of coach!

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2008 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Blood Bowl isn't the game for you than. Getting team's destroyed is an unavoidable part of the game... luck is a huge part of the game, getting "Nuffled" by the dice, has really nothing to do with being cherrypicked.

It doesn't seem that you have the patience to learn the game either... two games doesn't seem like a very large sample size to make this kind of a decision. If you really wanted to learn the game, take a couple hours and watch some replays, see how a few matches unfold. Then apply some of those tactics to your next attempt.

Otherwise, relax a little and remember to breath...

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2008 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Layla and Angie are girls and they play.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2008 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice mispost. However a big girl and real girls are very very different.
funnyfingers

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2008 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh don't I feel sheepish.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2008 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Wraith wrote:
It doesn't seem that you have the patience to learn the game either... two games doesn't seem like a very large sample size to make this kind of a decision. If you really wanted to learn the game, take a couple hours and watch some replays, see how a few matches unfold. Then apply some of those tactics to your next attempt.

um...

seeing as how he went to academy to learn how to play the game(which is what the division was designed for), i fail to see how you have made nay relevant points whatsoever?

congratulations on not even being in the same area code as the point....

--j

ImageImage
funnyfingers

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2008 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

In academy I'll use Halfings and you can use Dwarves. Doesn't really matter to me since it is Academy. I'll even use halfings against Dwarves in Ranked, cause its just a game.
Plorg

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2008 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The irony is that if I offer to play my Halflings against Dwarves in Academy then I'm a picker! Razz
Wraith

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2008 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
Wraith wrote:

um...

seeing as how he went to academy to learn how to play the game(which is what the division was designed for), i fail to see how you have made nay relevant points whatsoever?

congratulations on not even being in the same area code as the point....

--j

What would the point be? He got Nuffled and assumed that he was cherry-picked. Nor has he put in a large enough effort to actually learn the game (IMHO). Be prepared beforehand, if you don't have the patience, to learn through trial and error.

We don't live in a perfect world, if you expect anything, you'll be disappointed more often than not.

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2008 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Dunk - academy is where you go to learn how bad you are and what you must improve. Being cherry picked is the best way to do this because you can see a better coach and his tactics first hand. Some would call this a valuable learning experience rather than a reason to cry to mommy and quit. If you try again, follow what other coaches do to you. Learn what some of the good and bad race matchups are. Eventually you can take this knowledge into ranked and league games.

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2008 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

This thread is seriously pathetic. You only get cherrypicked if you allow yourself to be cherrypicked. Also in Academy it doesnt matter who wins or loses really. You can't expect to win games before youve become familiar with Fumbbl and tactics etc. Suck it up you big girls blouse.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2008 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

What I find most peculiar is that the game before his last game he was clearly cherrypicked (assuming both coaches are equally bad)... but he took no casualties, handing out 5. In his last game he clearly had the advantage but took two casualties including a death, suddenly he claimed he was cherrypicked.

Looks much more like a case of poor dice than brutal picking tbh.

Edit: cherrypicking really dosent have a place in [A]cademy, if he had been picked badly then there would be cause for concern.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
 Jump to: