24 coaches online • Server time: 04:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is a thower killing an Ogre single handedly the greatest David vs. Goliath story in FUMBBL history?
Yes
22%
 22%  [ 18 ]
No
77%
 77%  [ 62 ]
Total Votes : 80

drbunny

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2008 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

See I was right! All wrong talk!
who is stronger snot or nurglings?
OneEye

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2008 - 07:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Snot funny!
MonkeyMan576

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2008 - 08:23 Reply with quote Back to top

xcver wrote:
and the embarassment is even more since the Ogres team retired afterwards and the catchers did not Smile

Well, the ogre's team had a few injuries and was on the verge of being retired anyways, and losing an ogre is a lot more damaging than losing a catcher.
OneEye

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2008 - 09:46 Reply with quote Back to top

MonkeyMan576 wrote:
xcver wrote:
and the embarassment is even more since the Ogres team retired afterwards and the catchers did not Smile

Well, the ogre's team had a few injuries and was on the verge of being retired anyways, and losing an ogre is a lot more damaging than losing a catcher.

Well cost wise an Ogre is more but i'm 50/50 as to the affect a human catcher vs a Ogre's death would be... an Ogre dies... bugger but there are still another 5 or so left! You lose a catcher in a human team and you lose one of your few high MA and AG with dodge/catch scoring players (they are agility 4 aren't they? I don't play human gitz!).

Dunno any seasoned Human coaches wanna weight in on this? I played Ogres fairly regularly on here and real life and yeah a death to an Ogre hurts but didnt really affect their chances to score (unless it dropped the team numbers below 11).
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2008 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Ol_One_Eye wrote:
...and you lose one of your few high MA and AG with dodge/catch scoring players (they are agility 4 aren't they? I don't play human gitz!).

No. No no no. Definitely no.
Humans DON'T have Ag4. Wish they had, but they don't.
No.

Crying or Very sad

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2008 - 10:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol how did i know you'd be the first to comment when humies are involved JanMatty's Razz

Ok so agility 3 sucks a bit more than 4 but what would you consider a bigger loss? Ogre or Catcher?
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2008 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Ogre.
Humans score with blitzers. Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2008 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

my best would be in a mini game one of my blockers ended up killing not 1 but 2 ogres. In a tournament as well. They were shocked. Oh yeah a dwarf blocker
Scratch

Post   Posted: Jul 24, 2008 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I think i lost an emerging star kroxigor to a halfling croud push........not 100% but pretty sure
 Jump to: