29 coaches online • Server time: 09:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Valient

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2003 - 05:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't ask me where this came from.... just popped in my head.

1-4 Fire Elemental 7 3 3 8 G,A Block
1-2 Water Elemental 6 3 3 8 G,P SureHands, Pass
1-2 Air Elemental 8 2 4 7 G,A Dodge
1-12 Earth Elemental 4 3 2 9 G,S Block, Thick Skull

BigGuy Great Storm Spirit 5 5 3 9 G,S MB, BG,WA, Frenzy

Not sure if agility or str skills are better for fire.. perhaps both... they would both be appropriate in theory. As for reroll cost and tweaking I figure there are ppl much more familiar with how to balance that.

Please lemme know what ya think.

Valient
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2003 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm... reckon that this team would be a lot stronger than most... having a quick catcher, blitzer and capable thrower along with dwarf like linemen... with a bit of tweaking it could be interesting!!!

i like the idea though!! Smile
elara

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2003 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd drop STR skills from the earth elementals for balance reasons (a team full of guard with several fast players as well would be over powerful).

Comparing the players with existing ones then:
Fire elemental = human blitzer with AG instead of ST skills (think i like this for being a bit unique - they have potential to be catchers too) : 80k
Water elemental = human thrower : 60k
air elemental = gutter runner with -MA (good to be slower than skaven or WE for the overall higher armour in the team) : 80k
earth elemental = norse lineman with +2AV, thick skull and -2MA, -1AG : 50k
storm spirit = rat ogre with -MA : 110k

I'd start with rerolls at 70k (same as undead and chaos) for the team's versatility in terms of tough linemen and fast/agile position players - like chaos they look like a team that will peak later.

for initial development, you'd expect after a few games to have 6 players with block/dodge (fire&air elementals), accurate on the water elemental and maybe 1 or 2 earth elementals with skills.

For test games, compare them against chaos dwarfs. Also try the team without a big guy, they might not need one.
PirateRob

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2003 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to point out that human Blizters cost 90k and human throwers cost 70k.
m0nty

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2003 - 04:14 Reply with quote Back to top

This roster is almost identical to humans. Fire elemental is human blitzer (90k) with access to agility, water elemental is human thrower (70k), air elemental is human catcher (70k), earth elemental is dwarf longbeard (70k) minus tackle. It's not distinctive enough. Also, it breaks several cardinal rules about linos: they can't be given access to strength skills, and they have to cost significantly less than the positionals - removing tackle from the longbeard might not be enough. There is already an Elementalist team roster for the MBBL, although of course it's way too overpowered for FUMBBL usage, and there's another overly complex example in the College of Elemental Magic.

If you're thinking of an elemental team, might I suggest something like this (conforming to the usual race creation guidelines):
0-2 Fire Elemental 6 5 2 8 G,S Wild Animal, Frenzy 110k
0-2 Water Elemental 6 3 3 8 G Big Hand 80k
0-4 Air Elemental 8 2 3 7 A Dodge, Stunty, Leap 70k
0-12 Earth Elemental 3 3 1 10 G Stand Firm, Thick Skull 50k
Rerolls: 70k; Apoth: No; Big Guys: No; Allies: None; Stars: None.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2003 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

now that is a roster i like!!! Nice work m0nty! Smile rerolls should cost at least 70k i reckon...
 Jump to: