53 coaches online • Server time: 12:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PhilMan

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2004 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

well in may last lizerdman team my skinks were amazingly good at surviving, they almost all had at least one niggling ingury, but only one actully died, my problem was that by the time i retired them, i had seven dead sauruses and only one dead skink, damn those claws

"Best Bar in This Street"
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2004 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

*nods*
Yup my skinks survive
Its my bloody saurus that keep getting battered, i swear they swap armour before a game.

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2004 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Gimoboy wrote:
actually i think in some strange way skinks die more often then gobbos hehe.

It's psychological. Skinks cost more, so it hurts more to lose one.

btw, my def setup (i think someone already suggested this, but here's a graphic display) with lizzies goes like this:

---------------------
|
| SaSk
|
|
| SaSk
|
|Sa
|Kr
|Sa
|
| SaSk
|
|
| SaSk
|
--------------------

Kroxigor should be given guard ASAP. also, if you want to risk quick snap, you may position wingman saurii only one square off the center. That way it becomes harder for your opponent to bash your frontline down. It's an added bonus, if you can give guard also to the saurii next to kroxigor. That prevents the opponent from blitzing the saurus who's supporting the line of scrimmage.

This of course sounds very good when you write it down, but if you have a couple of guards then the opponent will almost certainly have a couple too.
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2004 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

erm, but saurus cost more than skinks and I'd be a lot more upset to lose a saurus with one skill than a skink with two.

On what Asperon was saying, with doubles on a linebacker saurus, I'd be thinking frenzy rather than dodge, especially with tackle and block. Make it a lot easier to bring down those pesky ball carriers or just nudge them off the field.
Ninetails

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2004 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Something really fun is a Saurus with MA7, block, frenzy... he really drives players to the crowd...

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2004 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Gimoboy wrote:
actually i think in some strange way skinks die more often then gobbos hehe.

It's not strange actually. Everyone knows that putting skinks in the box is the best way of winning against a lizardmen team, and Sauruses is just so easy to tie up with something that can take the pounding alot better than a skink can.

So usually, against Lizzies an opponent will try to blitz a skink every turn if possible. Prefeably with tacklers.

The best skink lifesupport technique IMHO is to get at least 2 Saurus with break tackle ASAP!

Suddenly he can't tie up them so easily anymore and you can break out any skink in serious trouble, not to mention it's more difficult for him to break your formation. And with Lizardmen, formation is everything.
Matt_wyeth

Post 18 Posted: Mar 30, 2004 - 07:49 Reply with quote Back to top

hehehhehehehehehhehehehehehheheheheheehehehehehehehehehheheheheheheheheheh
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=294795
hehehehehehhehehehehehehehehehehhehehehehehehehhehehehehehehhehehehehehhehe
somebody stop meh!
so um the guess the whole thing is just go all skinks and then play khemri i mean if it worked for me, it can work for you.
Krapulla

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2004 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

In reply,and having actually played three leagues with Lizardmen,here's my point: the surest way of keeping your Skinks the safest is simply play with your Saurus and minimum 1 Kroxy in an in your face posture: just land your big guys on'em, leave has many Skink has possible in the dugout, make'em forget about going for Skinks and worry about the rolling greenies reaking havoc in the scrimmage.Make Skinks an unimportant part of your game,and you'll be fine. Never put up the same Skink for more than three game breaks,see them gain spp and no injuries.
Matt_wyeth

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2004 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=303986
Wuhan stoped me and my fun. Damns dem Damns Khemri Damns em to hell.Smile
Yvo

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2004 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Faulcon wrote:

If you ever get a touchback, give it to a saurus, the chance for 3 spp on them is just too good to pass up.

And it´s very hard to get them of the ball. There are not many guys with STR 4 and MA 6 in the game...
(And if they got Block and Break tackle, they are really hard to stop...)

Don´t ever put skinks on the frontline...

Other strategy is: Block with your skinks !
Maybe sounds dumb, but because of their quickness it´s often possible to get 3 or more skinks in a assisting position. Just be sure that you don´t follow up...

I often assist a Saurus with a Skink, if str 4 isn´t enough...

Don´t ever try to pass with a Lizard-Team... ...it´s hard enough to pick up the ball...

Just put 4 Saurus and a Krox on the frontline...

One is behind the frontline or at the side to Blitz and one is waiting in defense to stop ballrunners or catchers...

Try to dodge out at the end of a round, even if opponent has tackle...

And buy a Apo and reserve-Skinks... ...can´t prevent them to get hurt anyway, no matter what you try.

Bye,
Yvo
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2004 - 14:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually its quite simple... just dont use skinks as your scorers!

I mean... you have a str4 ma6 carrier.... and all he needs is a 5+ to pickup (4+ if ag2)

only way i use my skinks is to assist... and sometimes throw a block or so.... and ive been fairly successfull with this strategy.
Thunderhammer

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2004 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the most important factor to consider is movement.

A Lizardmen team is lightning fast, and you need to get the right men in the right positions in order to win. The Sauri has to tie up his men, while the Skinks position themselves, prepare for diving tackles and quick pickups.

Your team will most likely be way quicker than your opponent's, with your hitters moving as fast as an average lino. If your opponent doesn't get to block your Skinks, they won't be injured so much. In fact, my Skinks injure themselves on failed GFI's just about as much as they get blocking injuries!!!

The Sauri can reposition themselves quite quickly, and follow the Skinks upfield if need be. Often you don't have to advance Skinks all that far, and with a few catch (also known as the handoff-receiving-skill) you can easily move the ball on 8/9 and run for the TD.

While it's impossible to prevent the opponent from hitting the Skinks, it is possible to limit it by tieing him up with Saurus warriors.
Lamoron

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2004 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

If you dont mind having a skink or two downed, try the amazing Skink Cage Shocked .

Just four skinks around the ballcarrier (Skink), and whatever else you can manage as a wawebreaker around the cage.
Once your opponent gets it out of his system, he will discover, that the amazing skink-cage only has to hold one turn, and the ballcarrier can dodge/run to a TD.

Ofcourse this works best with a lot of skinks. I began my last Lizzardmen team with:

1 Kroxigor
2 Saurus
8 Skinks
3 RR
FF 5

A bit low FF for my liking, but with a bit of luck (wich I had), the team can be pretty amazing. Use the Krox and Saurus to tie down the centre, they won't kill much, but they can handle the pain, and meanwhile you chose wich side to pile eight players unto, and even Str 2 skinks can hurt people.
Stovaa

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

My normal line up is:

1 Krox 130k
4 Saurus 320k
6 Skinks 360k
2 ReRolls 120k
7 Fan Factor 70k

And they are layed out as follows:

|
| Sk
| Sk
|
|Sa
|Sk
|Sa
|Kr
|Sa
|Sk
|Sa
|
| Sk
| Sk
|

The placing of the skinks on the wings may vary, but thats the basic layout. The Skinks in the middle provide tackle zones and run through the holes made by the saurus to (hopefully) get the ball and score. If these 2 skinks have block and AG 4, all the better.

But, mainly, try not to worry about the skinks. Put them in pairs and keep dodging and running as far away as possible from mobs of opponents. With MA 8, theres not many players who can keep up without GFI's.
Daevorn

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2004 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

i have an AG 5 skink with leap and sure feet so i'm able to pass easily Smile
On defense i keep all my sauri on the scrimmage line, widespread so there's no way to breakthrough unless they get one down; also if you get a double on a skink take Block so you can blitz with it when needed. With some luck (that i had) you can have a STR 3 block skick, which is rather useful to blitz almost anyone. i usually take Block then guard on my sauri, then Might Blow or break tackle - if you protect your ball carrier with skinks, it will be hard to reach him. Then, as soon as you have the chance, swarm with your skinks into your opponent's half, protect your ball carrier with two Guard-sauri, tie up your opponents with the Kroxi and remaining sauri, and as soon as it's your turn again leap over with your ball carrier (or dodge away, whatever), pass or handoff the ball to another skink ,and there you go for a TD. easy Smile Lizardman was my first successful team.
 Jump to: