47 coaches online • Server time: 11:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2008 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Ever wanted a heads up battle that tests stamina, endurance and skill? yeah its called the FUMBBL cup, 512 battle hardened veterans took to that tournament, but its got questions raised, each of the players were the greatest, but they all had individual teams, built to destroy all others, how would they manage on an open playing field?, how would they manage in a cutthroat league, from a starting team to stardom? well lets find out!

This is the match report thread for the tournament, enjoy!

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2008 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Sad to say I was true to form and lost my match against firenze sogna. 4-0. I'll get me coat and see you next season........
MasterMag

Post   Posted: Aug 25, 2008 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

More Brawn than Brain 2 - 0 We take the world by storm

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=2317904

The game started with his troll and my mummy Tenderizer going at eachother t1, Tenderizer was stunned by the impact, but the troll was carried off the pitch, too badly hurt to finish the game.
At the same time my center was crubling under the pressure of the chaos dwarves, Big Willie, the other mummy was overrun and a sneaky git managed to stick a pole into his decomposed heart. Luckilly a mummy is not a vampire, so although Big Willie was down he was not out, and when the dust settled he was clearly stunned and wounded, but made it back up on craking legs.
Powered by this early show of strength my brave(well, they are dead, so hard to say really...) undead hordes sprang on the remaining chaos dwarves and hobgoblins. After some hard bashing from both sides we managed to really give it to the poor hobgoblin carrying the ball and affecting the steal. Lord Fzaal took care of the ball, directed the rest of the troops in a covering maneuvre and teasfully stepped over the tdline in the last seconds of the first half.

Disheartened by the fall of the troll all the hobgoblins in the KO box decided that they still were way to injured to step back onto the pitch, cursing the single hobgobling replacement was dragged kicking and screaming onto the pitch and promptly put infront of the menacing mummies, but to his pleasure the lumbering hulks had been given orders(bribed of course) to go easy on the poor sods in the second half and not much of interest happened, Lord Fzaal took care of the ball after the kick, took care that he was well covered(again, not so well it showed, but the two blitzes he got he shrugged off with a deathly smile) and scored his second td to make the final result 2-0.
Woodie

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2008 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Whazzup Fellas 2 - 0 Eleven Wise

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=2317799

The dwarves weren't really on the pitch yet when an elven blitz caught them flat footed. The dwarves were immediatly put under pressure and responded with some fierce blocks. The fact that the elves had hardly trained in preparation for this tournament (0 Rerolls) was to the dwarves advantage. Errors were ever present in the elven game, fortunateley for the chaos dwarf side. It took the dwarves a couple of turns to calm things down and get the situation and the ball under their control. The elves started suffering some knockouts and soon, the advantage in numbers the Whazzup Fellas' coach was waiting for presented itself. Treeclimber seized an opportunity to break through the elves defense and a failed blitz attempt opened up the possibility to score. 1:0 not far from halftime. The elves were down to 8 people now and tried to score before coffee break, but some concentrated defense and luck for the dwarves prevented the equaliser.

Second half started with a chaos dwarf blitz, which didn't cause too much damage, but was inconvenient enough for their opponents. Whazzup Fellas kept the pressure up and the elves declining concentration resulted in several errors. The elves on their side fought for what they were worth, but a well played out move failed in the long-pass phase, a key moment in the game as it would seem later on. The dwarven counter attack proved to be fatal for the wood elves, who were down to 6 players at that stage with only 2 turns to go on both sides. Nothing much happened anymore after that and Whazzup Fellas moves on to the next round.
===
GG Somertown, and do get some rerolls next time Smile

- Extract from the Woodelf Bloodbowl Guide Of Blocks

Last edited by Woodie on %b %27, %2008 - %09:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2008 - 00:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Stone Huggers 2-2 KO Womens Champions (1-1 at FT, 2-2 at end of OT, coin toss to KO Womens Champions)

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=2319334

A close game, made close by the dice more than my coaching! (KO Womens Champions). The dwarves mad a solid start, with Troll Slayer Fury launching catcher Lena Ova into the crowd!, but another amazon catcher managed to dodge through to the backfield, causing a little confusion on the LOS, as 2 amazons gang up to BH hurt a bewildered Grinder. T3 saw the second amazon presented to the crowd and they were feeling kind as they only stunned them! With this new found space a 2 Dwarf shield protected ball carrier Quickfoot, whilst (t4) more space was cleared in the centre. Panic forced Queen Alteeth into a rash (but quite effective) block which grounded her opponent but left her wide open to Fury's crowd feeding! The crowd did not disappoint his generousity and punished Queen's mistake by BH her. Only an unbelievable blitz and dodge by thrower Vera left any form of defence, which was soon dealt with by Fury. The referee played his part then by sending Ripper from the field for a incident that was missed by the Amazon coach. Quickfoot went over for the TD in the dying seconds of the first half a well earned prize for their efforts!

The second half started with a fine display of dwarven defending whilst the amazons demonstrated some ball juggling skills! Time ticked on, the amazons needed to equalise and got ahead of themselves as Lena was left exposed to the ready dwarfs; she lost the ball as the ground came up to meet her only a brave (read foolish and very lucky!) move by Ida Weardatrousers shoved Shredder back and knocked the ball into the crowd! That boy's got talent hopeful threw the ball practically to the other side of the picth (and a lot closer to the dwarf EZ!) Thus started the race for the ball! which looked pretty even until Gretta managed to down her foe, scoop up the ball and finish in the endzone! 1-1. After the restart Shredder managed to finished Animadora's Bloodbowl career properly as she been patched up once already! (killed- apo sucess!) Amazons managed to keep the score level to force overtime!

Overtime saw the amazons take the lead with some impressive dodging (Read unbelieveable lucky dice!) and some misfortunate block rolls from the dwarfs. At which point the amazon coach was brought back down with the news that OT isnt sudden death! and the dwarfs skillfully draw level with seconds on the clock!

The penalty shoot out went the way of the Amazons. The Dwarfs congratulated them and wished them luck.

If this is toooooo long tell me. I suffer with verbal diaorrhea! once i start i cant stop!

Ty Dalfort

Post   Posted: Aug 30, 2008 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

ok...now that was a close one Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2008 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=2325524

Very one sided. But sometimes these days happen.
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Aug 31, 2008 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

kinda harsh that

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2008 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

KO Badajoz 2 - KOC 2 (KOC wins by coin toss)

One of the best games I have played in fumbbl!!!

Nuffle striked back and forth. After the first half it looked like the game would be impossible to win, however, a lucky play and a timely pass to a lonely lineman allowed the KO Badajoz to tie.

The extra time was also really close, actually, the KO Badajoz almost won the scored the last turn with an incredible blitz followed by a rush by Rodriguez (after a chain puss to move him a square closer!), who did it all but the last GFI! Dodge, pick up the ball, run for the TD zone and GFI!

A pity Nuffle laughed at the KO Badajoz by giving the KOC the game after having the victory sooooo close.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=2327052
lemf

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2008 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Dream Bringers 0 - 3 Deathwheelers

well lost this madcap game 3-0. I will say that horrors are not easy for me to play but very ammuzing if you are not serous about winning.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=2333746] Laughing
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2008 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

haha, we all wondered why you picked them, but hey all in the fun Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2008 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Halflings for the WIN. Shutout humans 1-0 in my matchup. difficulty rating 10, fun factor 10, chance of winning the tournament -1.
Harkath_Kar

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2008 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

beads33 wrote:
Halflings for the WIN. Shutout humans 1-0 in my matchup. difficulty rating 10, fun factor 10, chance of winning the tournament -1.

I do giggle at the fact you're against a team of overpowered orcs in your next game.

Yeah, good luck with that Wink
beads33

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2008 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Did anyone notice that there has been only 1 stunty victory in the knockout championships. wonder If that means something?
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2008 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

lol harkath's got it right, frontloaded orcs, did i hear halfling pie anyone? Very Happy

and its nice to see stunty's make the second round, try making it to a scoring round eh? Very Happy

nah its nice anyway