52 coaches online • Server time: 20:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Welcome Newcomers - ...goto Post Vamps win another ma...goto Post 1150 - OWA TT Tourna...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post 13 Posted: Sep 30, 2008 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I`ve come to the conclussion that some of you are quite technical, so you maybe able to help me.

I have a tale, a tale of woe......

Once upon a time there was a small mouse, who liked a simple life of drinking, debauchery and playing FUMBBL. However upon returning from the pub one night, and using his FUMBBL machine he woke up the next day and the said machine didn`t work anymore.

The poor small mouse thought as hard as he could, but he couldn`t remember what he did to the FUMBBL machine that night before.....

When the poor little mouse turned it on, lots of Japanese things appeared on the screen, which equated to something like..........unable to initiate windows due to a hardware or a software problem. Then a blue screen appeared and stated that the machine was synchronizing the dumping of data to a disc and a timer counted. After this nothing happened.

There was a Japanese menu, but all choices ended the same the blue screen.

`What can I do` thought the mouse? I know maybe the whizzkids at FUMBBL will help........

`help` squeaked the mouse `help`
SillySod

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2008 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm, the japanese text isnt going to help Wink

What version of windows are you using? I know I got my old machine working again by pressing "shift" and "F8" together in one of the loading screens, this sends it to a step-by-step confirmation thingumy where I could just not activate the problem drivers. You could always try "shift" plus "F5" which I think starts windows in safe mode instead.... all depends on your windows version though Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Enar

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2008 - 15:10 Reply with quote Back to top

These kinds of problems are best solved by getting a computer-savvy aquaintance to fiddle with your desktop for beer or similar. Just make sure beer happens after problem is located and/or solved. Wink
Pirog

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2008 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The best solution is to get a Mac instead of a virus and problem infested PC. But that is of course a rather expensive solution.
kwèk

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2008 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

You could also smash your machine to bits.
and if there is nothing left, try to push the "on" button.

If it works, thank me in the morning.

glad to help
kwèk

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2008 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirog wrote:
The best solution is to get a Mac instead of a virus and problem infested PC. But that is of course a rather expensive solution.

funny....

those of us who use PCs like to have computers that actually function in a capacity that isn't a $2000 paperweight

--j

ImageImage
Colin

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2008 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

It sounds like your Windows installation is corrupt, the partition table is corrupt, or the hard drive is faulty. If you can access another PC with a CD burner, download a Live CD linux repair disk. You can boot from the CD, and will provide you with tools to check what the problem is, and backup what data you can to another disk/data pen drive. This leaves the way clear to use Windows repair facilities, wipe and reinstall, or toss your dead hard drive and start again with a fresh one.

A quick Google unearthed these:
http://www.sysresccd.org/Main_Page
http://www.techmixer.com/repair-and-rescue-windows-os-using-trinity-rescue-kit-live-cd/