30 coaches online • Server time: 02:33
Index Search Usergroups Profile
Log in
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gamefindergoto Post Mark players in repl...goto Post Online Welsh Open 20...
SearchSearch 
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TheLeviathan



Joined: Feb 03, 2006

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2009 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't we just update the Bbowl client, or is this not a possiblity? I'd hate to see some kind of mandatory update come down the pipes in the future and us not be able to run Bbowl at all.
Woodstock



Joined: Dec 11, 2004

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2009 - 17:55
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

There will be a new client for LRB5, but for LRB4.... I doubt it.
Piotrdance



Joined: Jun 13, 2007

Post   Posted: May 14, 2009 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

turning off direct3D acceleration in DXDIAG works for me.
RealMadns



Joined: Jan 16, 2007

Post   Posted: May 14, 2009 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

gauntman wrote:
Just enter your java dir, open up the bin dir, Right click on javaw.exe
and choose properties, use compability mode for windows 2000.
That worked for me:)


QFT.

This way you can keep the newest version of java, wich is usefull in many other situations.
Paustian



Joined: Jun 21, 2007

Post   Posted: May 25, 2009 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Piotrdance wrote:
turning off direct3D acceleration in DXDIAG works for me.


Just did the same and it work perfectly for me aswell. Thanks mate Very Happy
PhrollikK



Joined: Nov 04, 2006

Post 14 Posted: May 26, 2009 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

gauntman wrote:
Just enter your java dir, open up the bin dir, Right click on javaw.exe
and choose properties, use compability mode for windows 2000.
That worked for me:)


Thx mate, seems to work a treat! Smile

_________________
Visit my MiniCity
Mega Punk!
Malicious Rex, Daemon Adoptable
Hephi



Joined: Aug 02, 2003

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2009 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I had this problem as well and it got solved today by installing the JDK 6.1.14

I went to control panel - java - view and disabled the other versions (in my case .6 and .7) to make sure it's the .14 that works and I don't seem to notice any problems now

I'm using a Vista 32bit btw and the JDK but I'm sure the JRE 6.1.14 (Java Runtime Environment) should work as well
Havok



Joined: Mar 11, 2006

Post   Posted: Jul 23, 2009 - 07:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Hephi wrote:
I had this problem as well and it got solved today by installing the JDK 6.1.14

I went to control panel - java - view and disabled the other versions (in my case .6 and .7) to make sure it's the .14 that works and I don't seem to notice any problems now

I'm using a Vista 32bit btw and the JDK but I'm sure the JRE 6.1.14 (Java Runtime Environment) should work as well


Same here, 6.1.14 fixed this problem for me.
hale



Joined: Apr 05, 2008

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2009 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

For Vista users still suffering with this;

simply doubleclick 'Java' in control panel,

click the 'Java' tab,

click the 'View' button under the Java Applet Runtime Settings,

the latest 6.11 should be at the top of the list, and uncheck the tick box to disable it

** NEW JAVA UPDATE 6.13 IS ALSO NON-WORKING **
uncheck both of these and all should be well
funnyfingers



Joined: Nov 13, 2005

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2009 - 04:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is a way you can update java so that other things can run better and still have JavaBBowl run with an older update of Java:

java -version:1.6.0_7 -jar bbowl.jar

You can either run that from the command line in the JavaBBowl directory, or make a shortcut and run it from the JavaBBowl directory.
MadTias



Joined: Jun 19, 2004

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2009 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Havok wrote:
Hephi wrote:
I had this problem as well and it got solved today by installing the JDK 6.1.14

I went to control panel - java - view and disabled the other versions (in my case .6 and .7) to make sure it's the .14 that works and I don't seem to notice any problems now

I'm using a Vista 32bit btw and the JDK but I'm sure the JRE 6.1.14 (Java Runtime Environment) should work as well


Same here, 6.1.14 fixed this problem for me.

Is this confirmed? Does JRE 1.6.14 actually work with the client? I'm still on 1.4.2 just to keep the client happy. Installing several versions of java sounds like a hassle so it would be sweet if it worked.
Erod



Joined: Jun 08, 2005

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2009 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

It works and newer...
Kryten



Joined: Sep 02, 2003

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2009 - 21:31
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

MadTias wrote:
Havok wrote:
Hephi wrote:
I had this problem as well and it got solved today by installing the JDK 6.1.14

I went to control panel - java - view and disabled the other versions (in my case .6 and .7) to make sure it's the .14 that works and I don't seem to notice any problems now

I'm using a Vista 32bit btw and the JDK but I'm sure the JRE 6.1.14 (Java Runtime Environment) should work as well


Same here, 6.1.14 fixed this problem for me.

Is this confirmed? Does JRE 1.6.14 actually work with the client? I'm still on 1.4.2 just to keep the client happy. Installing several versions of java sounds like a hassle so it would be sweet if it worked.


Yes, this is confirmed. Java 6 update 10 through 13 have the slowness issue. Earlier or more recent versions don't have the problem. Java 6 Update 14+ is fine.
On1



Joined: Jul 12, 2004

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2009 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

OMG asking in the main channel would have solved your problem...
MadTias



Joined: Jun 19, 2004

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2009 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

On1 wrote:
OMG asking in the main channel would have solved your problem...

OMG then everyone with the same question would have to ask again instead of just checking this thread. Rolling Eyes
Display posts from previous:     
 Jump to:   
All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Powered by PNphpBB2 1.2 © 2003 PNphpBB Group
Credits