48 coaches online • Server time: 16:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Pro511

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2008 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't even comprehend the concept of starting with FF10 in LRB5.

I'm starting with FF0. I will beat you because my team has $100K more players. My FF automatically rises, yours pretty much automatically sinks. Heck, even if I lose, mine automatically rises and yours probably sinks!

But this is fumbbl. And having FF10 is the rule. I mean, spending $100K to have a 32% increase of a chance of a getting a reroll on one of the 4 possible events on the kickoff table that actually are affected by FAME is way better than 100% chance of just buying two rerolls right? Wink

Bah, I'm sure my math is wrong. But my sentiment is correct. I think folks are gonna carry their LRB4 love of FF to LRB5 whether or not it's logical. So FF it up.

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2008 - 04:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Heck, even if I lose, mine automatically rises and yours probably sinks!

Wrong, if you win your FF can only go up and if you lose it can only go down. If you draw it might do either.

Starting with FF 7 or 8 can be pretty neat because it usually gives you +2 FAME. +2 FAME kicks arse on kickoff rolls as well as seriously boosting your cash flow. The difference in FF is only something like an elf too... if you're feeling gung ho or are good at playing up it can be a good way to go.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Sep 12, 2008 - 05:30 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Quote:
Heck, even if I lose, mine automatically rises and yours probably sinks!

Wrong, if you win your FF can only go up and if you lose it can only go down. If you draw it might do either.

Starting with FF 7 or 8 can be pretty neat because it usually gives you +2 FAME. +2 FAME kicks arse on kickoff rolls as well as seriously boosting your cash flow. The difference in FF is only something like an elf too... if you're feeling gung ho or are good at playing up it can be a good way to go.

Disagree... +2 Fame only kicks in on double the crowd, it is a rare event given the mathematical spread of 2d6.

There is a school of thought that Cheerleaders and Asst Coaches are better value because they give an effective +1 to the Fame roll in the event of a Kick Off table event... so if you have 10k or so left over, buy a cheerleader!

There is plenty of this discussion over at talkbloodbowl.com if anyone wants to read up on it.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2008 - 05:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Drop 4 Zombies
Get 4 Skeletons
AND 4 more FF

Use the Zombie as your 3rd LOS player with Mummies
Use your Skeletons extra speed to lay assist everywhere and tie up opponents w TZ's

The Skeletons will help more if playing team of Average or Fast speeds (i.e. Elves, Vamps, Zons, Skaven).

And a 2nd Zombie after game 1
Then start getting more Ghouls

3 Zombies should be a MAX in a Fast or Balanced league. You'll want more in a bashy league though.

Your Skeletons should do the job long enough to build your team.

Unlife wrote:
About dirty player, so true =/

About FF I just realized that to have the Fame also affects ALL the rolls on the kick off table O_O

2 x mummy
2 x wight
2 x ghoul
5 x zombie
3 x reroll
5 x FF

But I could even drop a ghoul for another zombie and 3 more FF ... I don't see how to get to 9 tho Wink
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2008 - 06:25 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
groovycheetah wrote:
yes a review of the rules made skeles cost 10k more but with thick skull. it is not experimental it is official

No, they're still experimental... and will be known as LRB6 when they come into effect. LRB6 will also incl the Chaos Pact and Underworld teams...

And the Slann, what about the Slann..
SillySod

Post   Posted: Sep 25, 2008 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
ClayInfinity wrote:
groovycheetah wrote:
yes a review of the rules made skeles cost 10k more but with thick skull. it is not experimental it is official

No, they're still experimental... and will be known as LRB6 when they come into effect. LRB6 will also incl the Chaos Pact and Underworld teams...

And the Slann, what about the Slann..

The slann are a major sticking point. GW dosent produce or plan to produce any slann models and hence wont allow the rules to be published as part of the rulebook... something that may never be resolved sadly Sad

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
 Jump to: