41 coaches online • Server time: 17:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blackbox Teamsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

At the start of the Warpstone everyone was concerned with the Birthday teams and how they would "destroy" the Tourney. Well that did not materalize fully and the GLT, UI and Lustrian did not seem to be effected by the birthday, Brotherhood excluded.

BUT

I have noticed the last few days when Iam on gamefinder everyonce in a whille a "UBBER" team will appear, usually orc or chaos, and I will check them out. Allmost everytime I check there game record the last game they played was on the birthday. It seems some coaches, no idea how many, horded their birthday team for the Fumbbl Cup and are trying to get some games for cash I assume, they are allready "pimped" out to the extreme when it comes to SPP and NO injuries.

Justed wanted to hear everyones feed back on this subject and wondering if you are seeing the same things Iam. Plus lets hear from some of those B-Day coaches who have been waiting all year for the Fumbbl.

On a side note: I have no problem with the Birthday teams. But I will say this. Atleast the Brotherhood came out and played and let everyone have their "shot" at them. Unlike who knows how many other teams who hid in their caves waiting for this day to come up. In the end the armagedon idea that a tourney would be filled with B-day teams might be at hand.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

My feedback: when you see those monsters lfging, take the chance and KILL THEIR PLAYERS.

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 16:22 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
My feedback: when you see those monsters lfging, take the chance and KILL THEIR PLAYERS.

The Italian man speaks the truth!

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:

Excellent
floyd-pinkerton

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

What do you mean by birthday teams?
Kryten

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 17:27
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

On the last fumbbl birthday celebration, we had the following:

1. Every player gains one random temporary mutation for the game
2. Every injury is downgraded to "badly hurt"
3. No ageing on any skill rolls

This meant that teams could play without any fear of any sort of damage to their team - nothing could hurt them. However, we also had nonstop Speed Freak Tourneys - games played with 1 minute/turn. This meant that certain teams played a large number of games on the birthday, piling up cash, skills, and so on, with no player losses or injuries.
Synn

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

People like Lewdgrip and Alibaba played over 20 games with a team for the strict intention of entering a major.

__Synn

Last edited by Synn on %b %18, %2008 - %17:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
f0rd

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

i played 5 games, you played 9

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Edit: My apologies to f0rd. I was under the impression that KAOS were a b-day team. I was wrong. They are just an insanely rich and powerful team through natural causes Very Happy

__Synn
zakatan

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

and when is the next birthday going to be? Very Happy

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

My thoughts on the birthday is that the present we received was too powerful. The mutations was really fun, the only BH injuries was good to balance out the hurting mutations. But the no ageing was too much, way too much. Would have been fun if the "no ageing" was there, but it was kept a secret. We would all just think that we were lucky to make the roll.

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to see the next birthday have mutations and be injury free.....

But all aging rolls receive a -1.

__Synn
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to see the next birthday present be this: Every team that has room gets a FREE Halfling to play on their team. A fling invasion of Fumbbl. AND he would join your team after the Birthday if he survived.

We could have Birth Day flings that everyone gets pissed off about and complaining that they unbalance Majors, so much fun.

Last edited by PainState on %b %18, %2008 - %18:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
People like Lewdgrip and Alibaba played over 20 games with a team for the strict intention of entering a major.

__Synn

20?...

being a little conservative there aren't you?

--j

ImageImage
PainState

Post   Posted: Sep 18, 2008 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Majority of us know about Lewdgrip and Alibaba but the big question is this: How many more coaches are out there hiding in the weeds waiting to make their grand entrance into the Fumbbl and hearing all the moaning and lamentations? 10, 20 50+ who knows, we will have to wait and see I quess.
 Jump to: