54 coaches online • Server time: 17:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, and especially when your mother... wait... wrong thread.

But seriously, I get pissed when people foul random players for no reason, just as people PO the crap out of other teams. In fact, last night, I was challenged to a game against a PO RO, and 2 claw linos. Of course, it was my non-bashy chaos team, and he must have thought a prime target. Well, I did whack his RO, and aimed for any of his players that I thought were in scoring positions to the best of my abilities. Instead, he aimed for my MA7 AG4 beastie, instead of going for the ball carrier. On 2 separate occcasions, allowing me to score. No name calling the entire game, though fouls and blocks were rampant on both sides. We enjoyed a fun game. But, the point was, that though the game degenerated to a whole bunch of brawling and kicking, civility was kept. Learn, people, learn that this is just a game, and that if it goes badly, breathe...

Z
cusi

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

*hits Z with a halibut

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 04:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Fouling is not nice, but is OK against PO and one-turners...

Oscar Wilde
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 10:40 Reply with quote Back to top

i thought this would happen.... another fouling thread.... i have seen these comments before and i am sure i will see comments here in the future that i have seen in other threads... go and read the topic on fouling (13 pages or so...) being part of the game and you will soon realise that argueing about it is futile. If someone calls you rude names in public what do you do? never speak to them again... if you feel someone shows bad sportsmanship report it to the admins, or you could just play out the game, upload it and never play that coach again. whining on the forums wont change anything or anyones opinions... trust me i have lived in Northern Ireland far too long, it isnt worth it.

Complaining is unsportsmanlike as well... Sad lets keep this area for tactics and strategy...
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

How did this turn into another fouling debate?

I thought the subject here is ettiquette and how to be nice to people during the game - no matter the circumstances...

There is no excuse for cowardly gutless sledging from behind your keyboard... some days you will have good luck and some days not. When it is the latter, you should always be civil. I swear at the pub and with my mates, but you don't know if you're playing a 16 yr old girl or a 40 yr old wharfie... so mind your P's and Q's people.
Riilthorne

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Gary_Gygax wrote:
You have also a very poor memory, because you did not made a single foul, but 2 or 3, just watch the replay...

Well that is true.
But all the insults started on the FIRST foul.
And honestly had the insults not been dished out there would ONLY have been the one foul DESPITE the 'get the ref'.
apologies anyway.

sorry guys didn't mean to make a fouling thread. Just pointing out that name calling should be limited a tad more.
I felt it was inappropriate (2 games in a row) and a lot of younger people can really take theings to heart and things CAN get out of hand.

Personally I feel guilty when peoples players get hurt.
I simple "that was harsh" or "I really needed that player" will have much more emotional, guilt impact than angry swearing.

If I am sworn at I am more likely to feel the need to hit back and I MAY foul more.

Don't think of this as merely a Do's or don't but it is also a tactical strategy concept.

Less abuse = less reason to try to injure them.

Ask me not to foul => I am likely to listen to your offer.

Also: Ask at the start of the match - lets make this a foul free game etc...
Don't assume that I have read the forums, agree with your style of play.

BEFORE the 1st block and foul is done FIND OUT what kind of game / coach you have come up against.

This is all tactics and politeness.

Have fun guys.
odi

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I've been playing my gobbos almost exclusively lately, and I wonder why is it. That when I play with my gobbos, why, why do they expect me not to foul. Do people really think that I'm playing gobbos just to give other coaches easy spp's from my little stunties getting maimed. I don't foul every turn, but now and then, when I have the ball safe for the time being, and I have a good opportunity to even out the odds a little. Yes, I'll foul. And when that star player of yours and he dies, I might even say sorry on the chat (but like most of us, I'm giggling my ass off). But playing with gobbos, most people don't complain for me fouling, I guess they expect it. The little buggers don't stad a very good chance otherwise.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Riilthorne wrote:

I'm sure an admin will come along and say this, but just in case...

Doing the above is a rules violation.

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

wuhan never fouls ask him

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Foul me as much as you want but i warn you now, if you hurt my best players i'll swaer and groan and whinge like fuck coz im a tosser!

Sue me
Bretter

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher wrote:
Riilthorne wrote:

I believe the Code of Coduct states this may not occur before the match. Of course I could be mistaken.
Neal

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 17:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Id just like to say something about those people that complain about their players dieing... never before have I seen such an affection for pixilised overrated chess pieces I am not afriad to confess that seeing such love for something which only exists on a harddrive has moved me to tears... its not as though this is something that you raised from birth, nutured and helped to lead its path through life... its simply something you selected pressed 'buy' and then sent on its way and yet I see such devotion and such love it is inspiring let me assure you...

as for you ingrates who come up and destroy this love... let me tell you... YOU ARE BREAKING THE BONDS THAT HOLD THE FRAGILE PSYCHE OF THIS PERSON TOGETHER! YOU AND ONLY YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR DEAD 'BUDDY' AND YOU MUST PAY FOR IT WITH QUICK ABUSE...

and yet time and time again I see complaints about this... what did you expect?... these are your opponents loved ones... these pixles no doubt have make believe families that the nerds that control them have created in their minds in order to fill the void in their own lives... how will these families live now??? HOW??? YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE!! THE CASH FLOW FOR THE ORPHANAGE THAT MY POOR TROLL CLEON WAS RUNNING IS NOW DRIED UP THANKS TO ONE PLAYERS UNCAREING MASSACRE!!! YOU THINK THAT THIS IS A VICTIMLESS CRIME!!! THINK AGAIN!!!

you have destroyed something special... you should expect abuse... and to complain about it is simply unacceptable... call me when the evil text which you fear so much jumps out of the screen and actually attacks you... perhaps then it will be a serious problem...
cusi

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

the madman said to his other personality "i rock!"

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

let me just say.... I foul when ever i damn fell like it... to the casual eye there might not always be to much strategy in it, but belive me there is... it's a lot easier to score a TD when your opponent only have 5 players left on the field, then when he has 11. It's also a lot easier to prevent him from scoring a TD. Sending people into the Injuried boxes in the dugout is one of the best ways to win a match for a bashy team, IMHO, and sometimes they get a SI or die, though break, I get those sometimes to, and I would never complain about it.

That being said I hardly ever foul more than once in a half, and I havent gotten PO for my mummies, cuz I personally think that PO is way to overpowered and therefore I'm waiting for the rulez revision to see if they fix it before I buy it.
Riilthorne

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Bretter wrote:
BunnyPuncher wrote:
Riilthorne wrote:

I believe the Code of Coduct states this may not occur before the match. Of course I could be mistaken.

Yep this was my understanding. You can discuss fouling or not ONCE THE GAME HAS STARTED but not BEFORE the game.

I fhtis is wrong I'd appreciate a message about it Smile

Also how can you look at people commented matches?

ie. Neal boy's?
 Jump to: