25 coaches online • Server time: 02:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
cataphract

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 07:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Just browsing the TBB forums and noticed a post by babs (the aus representative on the BBRC)

Quote:
For the record the BBRC have changed Piling on in the rules review process.

What to now? Well, I don't think I can say

So take heart all you flamers of Piling on - your voice has been heard

=-) Babs.
Australian Tournament organiser

http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9043

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

YAY!
cusi

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

change..
for the worse?
or the better?
i'll save the champaign fer the final product
havent been able to trust gw since they killed the squats 8?(

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2003 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I just hope its not a straight armour re-roll, like I said to Babs at MOAB, no big guy will ever take it & you might
even see ST2 guys taking it on doubles.......

My version would be that you would have to choose whether you use it before the armour roll & that
it adds your Strength minus 1 or even 2 to the armour roll.

sangraal
Colin

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2003 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

The armour RR on it's own isn't that effective, but once you add in armour modifying skills (MB or Claw), the odds for injuries jump quite sharply. Add in injury modifying skills (MB again or RSC) and you can still have a killer...but he needs more skills now, and maybe more than one double. Those mutated PO Minos will still cause a lot of pain...

Note: It'll probably lose popularity with Norse blitzers, though - without mutations, it isn't that much help to them.
cataphract

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2003 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I also heard that RSC is going and claw is going to become a "pick the best two dice out of a 3 dice armour roll"

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2003 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I suppose we will have to wait until we know the rest of the changes & how they will affect things -- (eg)
If we end up being able to add bonuses together for the armour roll, then the re-roll will be worth more.

I still think that from a fluff & size perspective, Big Guys should be both better at & more likely to Pile on.

sangraal
Clementus

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2003 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahhh my poor Chaos flings, but anyways, is RSC gonna be replaced or just not able to choose it from now on?

Flings Rule!
Colin

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2003 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I still think that from a fluff & size perspective, Big Guys should be both better at & more likely to Pile on.

I agree, but nobody could think of a way of making it work well...add Str/2 rounded down (some ppl suggested rounding up) to the av roll was the best I could manage.

In practice, a BG will make more use of the new PO anyway, because a) they start with MB and some have Frenzy, b) there aren't many other skills to choose from and c) they make more blocks per match than most players anyway.

Picking 2 dice from 3 for Claw? Haven't heard that one before...but curse them if they do, it's a beeyatch to work out the odds for that!
Dark_Lord

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2003 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Piling On bonus to armour rolls should be the difference between the attacking player and the defending players strenth.So a STR5 on a STR 2 would result in a +3 modifier to armour roll.This is the most realistic method i can think of, obviously an Ogre with PO is gonna have more chance of doing damage to Catcher than to a Black Orc.
Moekel

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2003 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

cusi wrote:

havent been able to trust gw since they killed the squats 8?(

same here ! ! i miss the squats ! dwarfs on bikes in space.. what more could you wish for ??
chunky04

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2003 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I reckon leave it as is but the piled on person gets to roll for the pile onner person as well with their own strength (ie 3 for most) - mutual annihilation is always fun!

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2003 - 05:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I fully agree with Dark Lord there and if they will change rsc and claw, they will become worthless. Mad
Wombats

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2003 - 05:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Difference in ST determining PO effectiveness is logical.

It is going to play into the hands of bashy teams and continue the trend of just not playing elves, etc. against excessively bashy teams because two death + two random injuries is not worth even a 90K winnings.

Basic economics.

Yes, BB is about smashing up teams - If it's done to the point where some team match-ups are not viable then it's too much.

I retired my Chaos with 3 RSC in my first four skill rolls because they weren't fun to play (and that bloody minotaur - but that's another story).

Anyway - I'm looking forward to occasionally breaking even playing elves against bashy teams.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2003 - 06:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Goblinux wrote:
I fully agree with Dark Lord there and if they will change rsc and claw, they will become worthless. Mad

I really like the proposed claw (when you roll armour you roll 3 dice and pick the best 2)... especially when used with piling on as a re-roll...