38 coaches online • Server time: 11:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Blood Bowl Variantsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2008 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Circ and I played earlier tonight, with a 2-0 victory for me. \o/
What's my WR (Wizard Rating) pls? Wink

We also played for fun afterwards and ended at 4-2, lands or lackof played a big part in the games. Sad

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

SillySod

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2008 - 03:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice games, we had an equivalent of a smack but with cool deckbuild rules - Unlife won while I managed to come a reasonably close second. I think I like green Smile Smile Smile Pity I dont have lots of the kind of green I like in the main tournament Sad

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Unlife

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2008 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratz to the first round winners, second one is up =)

And about the draft Silly, that'll teach you and Shub not to pick bolts and fireball early enough hehehehe

As a side note, edited player's pages with best cards everyone own (according to me) ... Feel free to edit if you think I'm wrong (6 best cards each).
mightyblow

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2008 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Rijssiej seriously owned me (2-0), but next time it might look decidedly different. Or so I hope. Anyway, it's fun and I'm looking forward to the next match. Whoever wants to have a friendly match inbetween, just contact me when I'm online.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2008 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

By the way, why are we running this as a swiss style tournament.... how many rounds are we planning on?

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
SillySod

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2008 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Mmmmmm, Green/Red smackdown is damn 1337. Some lucky cards and... SillySod 2 - 0 DanTitan76

Unlife

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2008 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratz SillySod Wink

To answer your question, it has been clear from the start that we'd play only 4 rounds before moving to the trading part and next tourney. What am still unsure of is the format that will be used next. I'm pretty sure everyone will get, in addition to the tourney prizes, 2 more starters and 4 more boosters from everything beetween the 4th edition (included) and the 5th edition (excluded). What to do with those tho?

1) Another sealed (using only those last cards)
2) Constructed T1 tournament (using everything you got, and with a trading part)
3) Other idea you might have

Discussion about this can start here, but when 3rd round is over I'll send a group PM to ask everyone. Personally, I think I'd like the 2nd option more Wink
SillySod

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2008 - 05:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I suggested this to Unlife earlier.... when we are allowed to trade it would be cool if we used the rules for ante, provided both coaches agree before the game. I cant see a disadvantage to this, if coaches dont want to risk cards then they can opt out but if they are prepared for a small gamble its a cool way to give a game a little bit of spice Very Happy

mightyblow

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2008 - 11:15 Reply with quote Back to top

anybody feeling like doing a write-up of the pros and cons of the various magic eds for us noobs here? Smile
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Oct 20, 2008 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

For the format I`d say we do a sealed deck tourney, while we trade the alpha cards... then go and make a T1, before moving up to the next edition.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2008 - 02:08 Reply with quote Back to top

ROFL, I just noticed that I have a 100% banned card which I just put into one of my main decks earlier today Very Happy

Unlife

Post   Posted: Oct 21, 2008 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The pros and cons of next expansions? Well I do know wich ones are my favourites, but it's not because I know the cards, it's cause I liked them when they were out and I was still playing the tabletop game Wink I might give it a deeper look and post what I think of them, but don't count on it.

About next format:

We discussed it with RealMadns for a bit. I'm a bit sad noone answered my question (above in this page) in time, but I can still switch. At the moment here is how it works:

Get cards from era 1, sealed, get cards from era 2, trade, T1-ish, get cards from era 3, sealed, get cards from era 4, trade, T1-ish, and so on.

The other option is:

Get cards from era1, sealed, get cards from era 2, sealed, trade, T1-ish, get cards from era 3, sealed, trade, T1-ish, and so on.

Both are fine with me even if I prefere the first option. So far, RealMadns and CircularLogic seem to prefere the second one (unlike Shubnyg, SillySod and me). Say it now if you too would like the later one more, I won't switch unless 5 of you ask for or if current tournament is already over.
Astarael

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2008 - 06:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll sign up

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2008 - 08:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Well.. I don`t see the reason, why only every other era should have a sealed deck tourney. With option 2 we would burn through the editions in a slower pace, allowing us to enjoy the special feel of each instead of skipping every other edition.
Another pro for option 2 would be the lack of time pressure while trading, because we can play the sealed tourney, while we trade the cards to improve our T1-ish deck. There is simply no time, where there are no games schedules, meaning that there won`t be people that have already traded and hurry the others, because they want to play.

So all in all, I see no reason, why to choose option one and I would really appreciate, if we could have a nice discussion without the timelimit of 'until the end of the current tourney'.
Astarael

Post   Posted: Oct 22, 2008 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Having been told what all this means, I vote option 2 Very Happy