60 coaches online • Server time: 23:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which roster is best?
Roster 1.
26%
 26%  [ 15 ]
Roster 2.
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Roster 3.
23%
 23%  [ 13 ]
They all suck!
26%
 26%  [ 15 ]
I have a 4th roster for you to consider
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 56

BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Good day folks... I've long wanted Night Goblins in the Stunty Leeg. so I've come up with a few different rosters I'd like your feedback on (and I need help determining the value of squigs)

Quote:
Roster 1
0-1 Troll 4 5 1 9 - 100K
0-2 Squigs 4 3 4 8 Really Stupid, Frenzy, RSC, Leap, No Hands
0-3 Squig Herders 6 2 3 7 - Goblin skills + Side Step
0-2 Squig Hunters 6 2 3 7 - Goblin skills + Poisoned Blade
0-1 Fanatic 4 6 3 7 - Ball and Chain
0-12 Night Goblins 6 2 3 7 - Regular Goblins

Roster 2
0-1 Troll 4 5 1 9 - 100K
0-3 Squigs 4 3 4 8 Really Stupid, Frenzy, RSC, Leap, No Hands

Roster 3
0-3 Squigs 4 3 4 8 Really Stupid, Frenzy, RSC, Leap, Dauntless, No Hands

I've play tested a few games with Rosters 1 & 2.. Roster 1 feels weak, and Roster 2 seems to powerful. Roster 3 may be okay, but requires playtesting.

Notes:
Squigs: originally wanted them to move like ball & chain, but a squig collapsing and dying is retarded. Plus the loss of tackle zones makes no sense as a Squig will snap at anything that rolls bye. Really Stupid seemed a good compromise as they always require someone close by to herd them.

Squig Herders: Gave them side step so they could stay close to their squigs.

Squig Hunters: These are the night goblins with the pointy pitchforks.

Didn't include netters, because I dont like the vision of a Night Goblin with Tentacles Smile

Take a look and tell me what you think. All feedback is appreciated. Also would like some volunteers to playtest with, before I put this up for the "approval vote"

In addition.. I definitly need help on costing.

Cheers.

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the look of the 1st roster. Haven't got a clue about costing 'n' such. (that's all a bit tecchy to me!)

The 3rd roster doesn't have anyone to hurl the little #$*%&£ down the pitch! Intentional? A true goblin is an airborn goblin!!
Having said that....roster 2 does look a bit too tasty for the Stunties.

Wouldn't mind playtesting, but I'm moving house tomorrow and will not be able play for at least a week or 2.
If that's not too late, PM me.
UrienRakarth

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a fourth roster. [i'm one of the nightgoblin playtester]

Roster 4
0-1 Swamp Troll 4 5 1 9 - 110K Troll Skills + Foul Appearence
0-2 Squigs 4 2 3 8 Really Stupid, Thick Skull, Claw, RSC, Stunty, No Hands, Right Stuff [Gain only Agility]
0-2 Squig Herders 6 2 3 7 - Goblin skills + Side Step
0-2 Netters 6 2 3 7 - Goblin skills + Prehensil Tail
0-2 Clubbers 6 2 3 7 - Goblin skills + Horns (or guard)
0-2 Fanatic 4 6 3 7 - Ball and Chain

Re-Roll 60k

Last edited by UrienRakarth on %b %09, %2003 - %22:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher wrote:

Notes:
Squigs: originally wanted them to move like ball & chain, but a squig collapsing and dying is retarded.

Um, they do exactly that in warhammer. Once they are bouncing randomly, they explode on a roll of a double. Smile

The Finishing Touch
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

heh, thats no fun Klipp! Smile

These ones are given pepto-bismol before heading out onto the pitch Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2003 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Roster 3 playtested quite well against a higher TR/TS snotling team (i lost 2-0 tho Smile )

But overall the dauntless squigs were able to hold their own (almost).

Have to see if i cant find a rookie 2 big guy team to try this roster out on.

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

roster 3 sounds great, but i wonder why not give them access to two fanatics? they aren't really worth much anyway... its not really about balance, just nightgobbos turning up with only 1 fanatic...
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 02:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Son't we have a thread somewhere already with a lot of Squig discussion? Have you found that Bunnypuncher? Be a good lad and track it down, I'm too lazy.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 02:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes there is a 3 page squig discussion... but I wasnt fond of the proposed squigs...

Keep the ideas coming!

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm very fond of the squigs proposed in the old thread. Squigs are wildly hopping maniacal creatures.
Squigs MA6 ST4 AG4 AV7 Fangs, Frenzy, No Hands, Big Guy, Pogo, OFAB G captures this feel much better than the above squigs. With Pogo they truly leap all over the place, and with OFAB that can also include the crowd. OFAB is a much fluffier negatrait then the out of character Really Stupid. Squigs are supposed to be fearsome creatures, surely they should have a higher strength then 3 (taken down by 2 stunties?).

As for the other positons on the roster. You may be trying to cram too many things into the roster. My best advice would be to do a careful comparison of how this team stacks up against the Goblin Cheaters. If they are close, then you might have the right mix.

Presently, I don't see the need for both squig herders and squig hunters. The squig herders also suffer from too many AG skills to start. You won't have enough in case they make it to legend status (that's the reason why the pixies got VLL to replace leap). You might want to consider removing dodge if you give them sidestep to start. Either way I'd rather see Netters with tentacles (or tackle or prehensile tail) to replace the herders.

Re: Not liking the look of a goblin with tentacles. Stunty uses many cludges. Do snotlings really have two heads? My advice get over it and use whatever models the behaviour that is most appropriate and forget about the name of the skill. Launch Team Mate would be much cooler then Throw Team Mate for the Gnomish Cannon, but we have to live within the means of the client.

Re: Clubbers. Mighty Blow would make more sense.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
50 Years is Enough

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 03:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Mighty can't be used by people with str less than 3
Twahn

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 04:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Surely a Goblin with a club the size of his own body should attract a Penalty Roll? Brings us back to the Poison Dagger / Chainsaw usuals... shame you can't just pop a penalty roll on them without a secret weapon to go with it.

Otherwise though, you could always give them Claw in place of Mighty Blow...

Netters with Tentacles or Tails are ace and unique. They are a must for this team I think.

Bouncing crazy Squigs should be in too. They'd be ace fun!

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 05:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay.. here's my dilemma with squigs.. i like the OFAB idea and it fits the fluff.. I like the idea of bouncing squigs.. but I dont want them sent off on penalty roles...

IMHO, Realy stupid is a good compromise as I like the idea of the Night Goblins having to stick close to the squigs to guide them. Really stupid and OFAB is too much, but I dont like just OFAB.

I think I will test a roster with the herders having tentacles rather than side step, and increase them to 4. Fits fluff better and makes the squigs a little less effective (the side step has really annoyed opponents Smile )

FYI- Roster 1 got beat up by Gob. Cheaters, Roster 2 absolutely destroyed the same goblin cheaters.

I've got about half the icons done, so I need to get this roster absolutely perfect, or I'll have wasted my artistic time Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 05:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The squigs being sent off can be explained away with Fluff and I think them running around the field taking pieces out of everyone is just how they should be. I don't think there's anything wrong with them geting sent off.
The normal Gobs need to be given THRALL though (the squigs aren't going to bite their handlers are they?).

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 06:00 Reply with quote Back to top

They should get sent off on a penalty role for fluff reasons. You aren't allowed to have animals and monsters and the other assorted things out there that don't have hands. The ofab is a lot of fun on them, but i don't like big guy much. Big guy discourages the use of their "pogo stick" to much. It would be more fun if they could bounce around more freely.

Last edited by thmbscrws on %b %11, %2003 - %01:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: