37 coaches online • Server time: 15:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which roster is best?
Roster 1.
26%
 26%  [ 15 ]
Roster 2.
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Roster 3.
23%
 23%  [ 13 ]
They all suck!
26%
 26%  [ 15 ]
I have a 4th roster for you to consider
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 56

BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 06:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, In an effort to make them more fun.. Smile

0-4 Squigs 4 4 4 8 OFAB, Pogo, RSF, Frenzy, Leap, No Hands
0-4 Squig Herders 6 2 3 7 Stunty, right stuff, dodge, tentacles
0-2 Squig Hunters 6 2 3 7 Stunty, right stuff, dodge, poison dagger
0-12 Night Goblins 6 2 3 7 Stunty, right stuff, dodge, thrall
0-2 Fanatics 4 6 3 7 Ball and Chain

and possibly a troll if they appear weak after playtesting.

Let me know if this satisfies everyone (or no one).

Cheers.

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 06:38 Reply with quote Back to top

How about Netters with extra arm to represent netters who are trained in netting the ball? Just a thought.
Twahn

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 06:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks good to me, Punch. Wink

Wouldn't give them a Troll though. If they're too weak, compensate them with Clubbers or something...

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2003 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm.. just played skinks with 4 games with the above roster and drew 1-1... str 4 OFAB Squigs do a lot of damage to both teams Smile

Against the skinks they seemed overpowering... but we'll see how they fare against a team with real big guys.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2003 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

i have a few thoughts on this...

Squigs dont really grasp the concept of bloodbowl so rerolls wouldnt be of much use to them, big guy might be useful in this sense... Wild animal would be interesting especially if it had Dauntless and Horns (?) i realise that we could overload the squig with skills but playtesting would need to be done. so far it sounds like a leaping less strong mino. I definitely thing the str should be raised to 4

Code:
 0-3 squigs 5 4 3 8 Wild animal, Really stupid, Pogo, Frenzy, No hands, Dauntless

i feel WA and RS work well as it stops a lot of WA traps. I also feel that the herders should have sidestep as well to help with the WA.
Pogo is good as it makes the squig *bouncy* and also allows for more strict refs to ban the squigs as they feel they shouldnt be allowed on the pitch!!! i thought river trolls would be an interesting concept too... they would be identical to stone trolls only they have foul appearance (maybe they will be too powerful with trolls and squigs.

0-3 squigs 5 4 3 8 Wild animal, Really stupid, Pogo, Frenzy, No hands, Dauntless
0-1 River troll 4 5 1 Always Hungry, Big Guy, Mighty Blow, Really Stupid, Regenerate, Throw Team Mate, Foul appearance,
0-2 herders 6 2 3 7 Dodge, right stuff, stunty, sidestep
0-2 netters 6 2 3 7 Dodge, right stuff, stunty, tentacles
0-12 goblins 6 2 3 7 Dodge Right stuff, stunty
0-1 fanatic 4 6 3 7 ball and chain
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2003 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Wild animal on the squigs is just to huge of a drawback for a str 4 player and not nearly as much fun as ofab. Dauntless also seems like a poor choice, it makes them essentially as good as big boys in stunty play which they shouldn't be and it just doesn't feel right on a str 4 beasty.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2003 - 04:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the rosters so far have too many unit types... (onehad 8 i think) I don't tink you can capture every element of Night Goblinness in the team. For the same reason High elf teams don't have Swordmaster's of Hoeth etc etc.

I think what night gobbos need is squigs, fanatics and goblins. The proposed hunters, netters and clubbers all fit into the fluff but I thik the team would be more fun with more squigs and fanatics in lieu of these players. I propose

0-4 Squigs 4 4 4 8 OFAB, Pogo, RSF, Frenzy, Leap No Hands
0-16 Night Goblins 6 2 3 7 Stunty, right stuff, dodge, thrall
0-3 Fanatics 4 6 3 7 Ball and Chain

also another idea, if you want to give them a TTM game maybe include a dom diver catapult (similar to the gnome cannon thing) or even a troll.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2003 - 05:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I love the idea of the doom diver catapult, maybe something like this.

0-2 Catapult 1 3 3 7 TTM, Really Stupid, Always Hungary, Blunderbuss

Basically Dwarven Cannon without the bombs, wasn't sure blunderbuss fit to well but it needed something to give it a penalty roll. It has the much lower armor value than the cannon because it is basically a hodge podge of wood and rope instead of an iron cannon. Really stupid is of course to represent the need for a crew and always hungry for any firing accidents. My opinion would be to tack this entry onto cataphracts list and that looks like a good solid team to me with plenty of mayhem.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2003 - 05:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree. Especially the Doom Diver thing.

Shame to lose the Netters with their Tentacles though as they added something unique I think...

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
peikko

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2003 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks a lot of vamplings who did not get fire cause theyre were supposedly too powerfull which was proven wrong in playtesting. Only dif is that there squishies are so balanced they could take 3 opponent teams in one game.
cataphract

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2003 - 07:19 Reply with quote Back to top

thmbscrws wrote:
I love the idea of the doom diver catapult, maybe something like this.

0-2 Catapult 1 3 3 7 TTM, Really Stupid, Always Hungary, Blunderbuss

Basically Dwarven Cannon without the bombs, wasn't sure blunderbuss fit to well but it needed something to give it a penalty roll. It has the much lower armor value than the cannon because it is basically a hodge podge of wood and rope instead of an iron cannon. Really stupid is of course to represent the need for a crew and always hungry for any firing accidents. My opinion would be to tack this entry onto cataphracts list and that looks like a good solid team to me with plenty of mayhem.

yeah that's what I had in mind for the catapult I was originally thinking str4... but it's cool that it can be mobbed... with str3 and easily broken AV7

0-4 Squigs 4 4 4 8 OFAB, Pogo, RSF, Frenzy, Leap No Hands
0-16 Night Goblins 6 2 3 7 Stunty, right stuff, dodge, thrall
0-3 Fanatics 4 6 3 7 Ball and Chain
0-2 Doom Diver Catapults 1 3 3 7 TTM, Really Stupid, Always Hungary, Blunderbuss

my other suggestion for squigs is to increase their movement and lower their armour. More to represent that Mouth on legs idea... huge offensive power but very little in defence if you can get past the mouth
so
6447 OFAB, Pogo, RSF, Frenzy, Leap No Hands .
so these nasty little buggers zooming around the back field...

also I reckon they should be given access to A and Ph skills... that way their frenzy becomes more of a liablity with the lack of block and possibly be given big guy.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2003 - 07:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh.. if someone else wants to beat me to it go ahead.. but I am not giving up my nightgoblins with nets and pitchforks Smile

Squigs, Herders, Hunters, Gobbos.. doesnt seem like too much variety to me...

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2003 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Heh.. if someone else wants to beat me to it go ahead.. but I am not giving up my nightgoblins with nets and pitchforks

Squigs, Herders, Hunters, Gobbos.. doesnt seem like too much variety to me...

well.. I did kinda beat you to it back in august...

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=864
Razz

regarding unit variety look at some of the other stunty teams. Nurglings have 2 choices, goblins have 3, flings have 3, chaos flings have 3.
granted snots gnomes and faeries have 4+ choices... but how popular are these teams? Sure hunters herders, netters, clubbers etc. all fit into night gobbo fluff, but more than four unit choices will IMO degrade the stuntee game... which is focussed on big things smashing little things and little things fumbling the ball all the time. Under some of the other suggested rosters you can field 11 players without actually putting a goblin on the field!

however I think there's a place for all the night gobo fluff in the icons. If some of the icons have nets and clubs and prongs it will add to the night gobbo feel.

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2003 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Having played one of the night goblin team rosters.. A problem with a lot of them is the amount of ostensible 'big guys' they've got access to - even cataphract's revised roster allows for 3 fanatics and 4 squigs - in all 7 player-destroyers, a number matched only by the snotlings who, let's face it, have AV5, ST1, MA4.

Maybe 0-2 squigs and 0-2 fanatics might be a better idea.

As for Doom Divers, my favourite rules I saw for these were replacing the wizard slot - a Doom Diver can be hired which allows you to play with 12 players on the field by during kick off, one in the enemy half y 'kicking off' a goblin, scattering him into the enemy pitch and rolling a land roll. I can't remember the exact rules - I'm pretty sure it could only be done one drive a game but it had a nice feel to it - goblins using underhanded tricks to try and outnumber their foe.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2003 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

OK... Wild Animal might not be one of the best ideas but how about this??? They have OFAB and Really stupid (so they must have handlers) when they fail their OFAB roll they could turn on their handlers!!! Smile I think herders is definitely a good idea in this case (sidestep) and for those who are concerned about the development of herders well i doubt that they will live that long in stunty... especially if they are going to be following the squigs about the place and if every so often the squigs try to eat them! Smile Squigs are tough by nature so i think that their armour should be 8 or so... 7 is too weak IMHO.

A doomdiver is a great idea but would it just be for night gobs? goblin cheaters or night gobs??

So far only 23% of people dont like the proposed rosters which is a good sign!!!

Vigil: the wizard rule you suggested sounds quite fun but it wouldnt be implemented into the client just for stunty... ill definitely try it out on tabletop tho!

i am so going to convert my night goblin spearmen into a bloodbowl team!!
 Jump to: