44 coaches online • Server time: 19:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which roster is best?
Roster 1.
26%
 26%  [ 15 ]
Roster 2.
8%
 8%  [ 5 ]
Roster 3.
23%
 23%  [ 13 ]
They all suck!
26%
 26%  [ 15 ]
I have a 4th roster for you to consider
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 56

thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2003 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I really don't see the need for the netters and hunters and herders etc. They don't really add much to the team and only serve to overcomplicate the team list. I could see where cataphracts list goes a little heavy on the death dealing things however so how about a more toned down version something like this. I also changed the squigs around a bit, for them to really take advantage of their leap ability from the pogo stick they need more movement and lowering the armor value will go a long way to balanceing these monsters out.

0-3 Squigs 6 4 4 7 OFAB, Pogo, RSF, Frenzy, No Hands (G)
0-16 Night Goblins 6 2 3 7 Stunty, right stuff, dodge, thrall (A)
0-2 Fanatics 4 6 3 7 Ball and Chain (A)
0-2 Doom Diver Catapults 1 3 3 7 TTM, Really Stupid, Always Hungary, Blunderbuss (P)

The squigs, fanatics and catapults make it very clear that this team is a night goblin team and all serve a purpose in defining how the team will play. Each unit type adds something unique to the team instead of just giving them a hodge podge of mediocre skills like tentacles on a str 2 gobbo. But if you think another type of night goblin is needed how about this.

0-2 Netter 6 2 3 7 Stunty, right stuff, dodge, thrall, extra arms

The extra arms of course representing their ability to catch the ball in a net. This also allows for some kinda fun dynamics with loading the ball into the giant sling shot (blunderbuss) and slinging it across the field to a guy with a net trained to catch it. That gives you another type of goblin on the list with some night goblin flavor and he fits into the teams play strategy better than a tentacles gobbo. You want to create players which have both the nightgoblin flavor and that help define how the team is played and set it apart from the other stunty teams. In regards to the hunters with poison daggers, they are nice but I don't think they do much to set the team apart from the other stunties out there so I would leave them off.

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2003 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

giving squigs OFAB and RS sn't a good idea with a handler it means they "fail" 11/36 times a touch less than a third of the time. SO a squig is useless 1/3 turns...

regarding the 7 "player destroyer" units, bear in mind the squigs have OFAB, if indeed you take 4 squigs and 3 fanatics, whatever goblins you have on the field will get munched by the squigs. AND those fanatics are prone to killing themeselves so fielding 7 at once will also leave you at a huge disadvantage gamewise since you'll only be fielding 4 players who can handle the ball. In addition let's not forget that the squigs are str4... and are likely to be the targets of big guys... all the more reason to make them armour 7
cataphract

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2003 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Squigs are tough by nature so i think that their armour should be 8 or so... 7 is too weak IMHO

actually... going by WHFB squigs are strength 5 toughness 3 and are described as "weird beasties, part fungus and part flesh, bot mostly teeth and claws"... so an AV7 and str4 adds to the mostly teeth and claws but still fleshy and fungusy feel

thmbscrws wrote:
I really don't see the need for the netters and hunters and herders etc. They don't really add much to the team and only serve to overcomplicate the team list. I could see where cataphracts list goes a little heavy on the death dealing things however so how about a more toned down version something like this. I also changed the squigs around a bit, for them to really take advantage of their leap ability from the pogo stick they need more movement and lowering the armor value will go a long way to balanceing these monsters out.

0-2 Doom Diver Catapults 1 3 3 7 TTM, Really Stupid, Always Hungary, Blunderbuss (P)

The squigs, fanatics and catapults make it very clear that this team is a night goblin team and all serve a purpose in defining how the team will play. Each unit type adds something unique to the team instead of just giving them a hodge podge of mediocre skills like tentacles on a str 2 gobbo. But if you think another type of night goblin is needed how about this.

The extra arms of course representing their ability to catch the ball in a net. This also allows for some kinda fun dynamics with loading the ball into the giant sling shot (blunderbuss) and slinging it across the field to a guy with a net trained to catch it. That gives you another type of goblin on the list with some night goblin flavor and he fits into the teams play strategy better than a tentacles gobbo. You want to create players which have both the nightgoblin flavor and that help define how the team is played and set it apart from the other stunty teams. In regards to the hunters with poison daggers, they are nice but I don't think they do much to set the team apart from the other stunties out there so I would leave them off.

Yep, that's what I was thinking for the squigs... I really like this roster, it fits well into stunty and is set apart from the other teams especially vanilla goblins and cheaters!

I also like this idea for netters as it gives them a pseudo passing game but an unreliable one...

I think giving stunty players starting skills that make dodging more difficult, tentacles, tackle, diving tackle etc. is dangerous seeing as it can give the team a huge advantage over other starting stunty teams

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2003 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok...

Quote:

seems to be the roster that people like and i must admit im starting to like it too... i still have a few problems with the squig in that the only random factor is OFAB. i thought RS would at least have ensured they would have handlers but it wouldnt work well with OFAB... but if the majority of people like it then... next thing that needs to be worked out is the cost of rerolls... i say 60 or 70k as its hard to teach a team of looneys! Smile next thing i am wondering is whether it will be incorporated into stuntydom... who do we need to ask and how likely is it that it will be accepted???
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2003 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

This team has gone so far from how i envisioned it.. i'd vote no.

So feel free to carry on.

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2003 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

are you making these icons from scratch bunnypuncher?? bouncing squigs would be great in the client!!! Smile

PS i still think your first ideas are probably the best but they dont seem to be to everybodies taste... i guess if a roster is going to be submitted then a lot of people will have to like it (judging from the poll the majority of people like this concept and id say quite a lot of those who voted no probably dont play stunty anyway... Sad )
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2003 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah.. I'm not gonna animate the squigs sorry Smile too much work for this lazy bugger Smile

I'll do the icons for any team if it gets approved. My fav so far is a squig facing you with its mouth wide open and big tongue Smile

I did a mix of standard green faced night goblins (modified quillion icons) and a few who look like mini-nazgul (original) and a couple squigs (original).

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2003 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

so is it safe enough to ask if this team can be implemented into stunty??? Smile if christer and Mr-Klipp dont want it then that is fair enough buti think they should be doing some damage in stunty!!! Smile
Mordachai

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2003 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy Damage in stunty or damage to stunty... one word makes all the difference here... Cool
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2003 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

i mean let loose the squigs! Smile

seriously tho i think that the night goblin team will add something to stunty and have a lot of character unlike bland skink teams (im going to delete my skink team now to make way for the night gobbo team... well im hoping anyway)
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2003 - 23:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I second the motion. I've had a bit of a playtest with them and they're great fun! Will fit right in with the other Stunty teams. Unless all your Squigs get ejected for their pogo sticks.

Please,Please,Please,Please,Please can these be added in.

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2003 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

well, the next thing to do is work out prices and hopefully get the admin to include them

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2003 - 00:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope, next thing is to DEFINITELY choose one roster, If i were you i would then repost it and ask for some serious feedback, just on that roster, not just saying people dont like it but say its problems and iron them out.
Then it will be voted on by all to see if it should go in,

Do that and it should get in, and those arent just a mad monkeys words.

Flings Rule!
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2003 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

If someone wants to propose a roster go for it... i'm not crazy where this has gone so it wont be me.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2003 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

0-3 Squigs 6 4 4 7 OFAB, Pogo, RSF, Frenzy, No Hands (G) 80,000
0-16 Night Goblins 6 2 3 7 Stunty, right stuff, dodge, thrall (A) 40,000
0-2 Fanatics 4 6 3 7 Ball and Chain (A) 50,000
0-2 Doom Diver Catapults 1 3 3 7 TTM, Really Stupid, Always Hungry, Blunderbuss (P) 50,000
0-2 Netter 6 2 3 7 Stunty, right stuff, dodge, thrall, extra arms 60,000

Re rolls 60k

this means a starting line up COULD be
8 FF=80k
4 RR=240k
3 Squigs=240k
2 Fanatics=100k
2 Netters=120k
2 Doom Divers=100k
3 Goblins=120k

Powerful, but very very risky only 12 players, with AV7 across the board, no apoth and the majority of the players unable to effectively handle the ball.

9 FF=90k
4 RR=240k
apoth=50k
2 Squigs=160k
1 Fana=50k
2 Netter=120k
1 DD=50k
6 Gob=240

again srtill gives 12 players but a bit more security with the apoth also more goblins for ball handling and the like.

The squigs are a bit lower than the formula suggests (110k) for a number of reasons

1) AG4 is a lot less usefull when you can't pick up the ball
2) OFAB is a little more dangerous to your own players given the +1 to injury for stunty
3) The enemy is generally going to do a good job of getting your gobbos off the pitch subsequently OFAB is even more of a risk
4) AV7

I'm sure there are other reasons too... 80k puts them just above gnome orc slayers, which seems reasonable.

It's also kind of balanced as the Doom Diver is a bit pricey for what you get.

OK folks, let's playtest these puppies!

Last edited by cataphract on %b %21, %2003 - %03:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: