30 coaches online • Server time: 10:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2003 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

What are peoples ideas on starting rosters, Development, Tactics and anything else of interest?

All opinions taken into account
Fudge

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2003 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

KILL!!MAIM!!!BURN!!!
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2003 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

With MV4 across the board expect to be throwing your snots if you want to score. Oh yeah, and the KILL!!MAIM!!!BURN!!! thing is important too... Smile
cusi

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2003 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

tactics goes against everything a snotling coach should stand for!
you should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking about them!
unleash the pumpwagons! smash with the trolls! the snots loot the corpses!

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2003 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Well its safe to ignore 2 out of 3 of these posters, since they don't even have snotling teams.

I'll tell you some of the things I do, since I am a snotling coach of some success.

Take advantage of your innate traits. Compensate for low MA by making use of your Stunty/2head advantage. Snots can dodge anywhere as if they were ag4 dodging into the clear.

Developing your trolls is important, since they will last longer than any Pump Wagon you may buy or freeboot. To grow trolls, send them after stunties and ignore the foe's BGs. Use a snot to tie BGs up if possible. Also, always keep a "troll herder" near your trolls to minimize RS failures.

Don't overload on Spore Flingers and Pump Wagons. Too many secret weapons in your roster and on the field means serious man advantage when they get ejected.

Diving Tackle is your best friend. This is a general axiom for many stunty teams, but snots in particular.

On offense I prefer a Hail Mary Pass/ Diving Catch scheme over throwing teammates. Trolls aren't good passers, and making them such takes away skill picks from a good smasher troll. Whereas one doubles roll on a snot means you can unleash Ye Olde Snot Rocket play with a better success ratio than TTM. Diving Catch is easy to get on a few snots, and when you send them downfield en masse, one will almost always get open.

You can watch the replay of my match vs Redskins311 last night here. The teams are grossly mismatched because of tourney brackets, but it shows my typical offensive play.
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2003 - 03:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I wrote something in another thread at the bottom:

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=218

So I want repeat it here.

Oscar Wilde
Kaz

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2003 - 05:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Snotling Tactics ?

Sounds like an oxymoron....

Seriously, Snotlings are A)Cheap B)Regenerating C)In possesion of 1 more big guy than most teams.

This should lead to a tactic of player removal to outnumber your opponent. 2 trolls vs opponents' 2 BGs. Rest of your snotlings and your spare troll mob, block and foul all they can. Opposing players get removed with injurys, you lose a few to ejection, and come second half, you're facing a severly diminished team and they're kicking to you... you did kick off first half, right?

A Snotling team's game plan looks like it should be:

A) You kick off, opponent scores and you hurt a few of them.
B) Opp kicks to you, you hurt more of them, and finish the half by scoring
C) Second half, you mop up a bit and score to win 2-1

.... sounds like dwarves.
Fudge

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2003 - 08:18 Reply with quote Back to top

To be a bit serious ( hard with snots but i´ll try Wink i agree with psikobunny, always go for the other players stunties ignore the big guys and some times even the ball.
Because with a full team most others will out run and catch you snot carring the ball makign it a short story.
If you don´t feel like you can secure the ball just stand beside it giving tackle zone to make it harder for your opponent ( here also diving tackle also comes in good, diving tackle being the best skill for a snot ).

I rarely too never throw snots because thats a waist of troll action ( only if down by many players and your opponent has a nice pile wich would be nice to accedently scatter into Wink
And besides the trolls are needed to smash the other guys stunies.

And as also mentioned don´t have to many secret weapons on the field, one wagon and one flinger is good enough or to flingers if you have both left after first half.
The pump wagons tendency to collpse and cause turnovers ( and die ) is the reason to never field two of them at once unless all else is lost.

So in short snot tactics summarised KILL!!MAIM!!!BURN!!! Wink
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2003 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

So starting roster then?

rough guide.

Also how can I get the icons for flingers and pump wagons?

And Chaos pact for the matter of that, please remember I'm not good with computers, so instructions need to be easily understood by a simpleton

Smile
cataphract

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2003 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm making some pumpwagon and sporeflinger icons (see my avatar) they'll be ready soon

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2003 - 11:08 Reply with quote Back to top

cool nice to have a new icon crafter in the ranks after quillwood ran away from grumbledook

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2003 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

just to clarify: I am not of the kill maim burn school. Most posters have treated snots like they are nurglings or khemri, and can't handle the ball. The snotlings are adequate ball handlers, and you should never sacrifice trying to score for casualties. After all, carrying the ball and getting your team into a large pack, means that he wil come after you, and then you don't have to be in 2 places at once (hunting CS and covering the ball). After the team is grown a little, I believe in stretching the field by sending receivers downfield with the trolls en masse, and holding the ball in my backfield with my HMPasser. You end up with at least 2 turns to move downfield (unless playing skinks).

Skill picks on doubles are, surehands, hail mary pass (or regular pass), then block (having a surprise Blocksnot or two can really mess with some people's heads).

Starting roster is simple: 3 trolls, 1 pump wagon, 2 spore flingers, snots to fill the roster, 4RR, 9 FF

PS I can mail you my icons.ini file, it has the Alliance teams in it. It's incomplete since lately I havent been using icons as often. All that is missing are Gnome, Fairy, Nurgling, I think.

PPS Cataphract you ought to consider working on star player icons too. Smile
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2003 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

don´t forget:
put your pumpwaggons on the LOS, as the cannot be blocked. It´s a great advantage and the even have 2D against most BGs.
Oh.. and I took DP with the first 2 doubles. It´s defenitly worth it, when a enemy-BG goes down.
Fudge

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2003 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Well to be sincere i can´t say that i take stunty to seriously, it´s more like a vent to blow some steam off Smile.
Therefore i play alot more evil then in the other leagues, wich i take more seriously and don´t foul and bash so much.
vigil

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2003 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Spore flingers! They are the pride of any snotling coach and at 40k they are the cheapest secret weapon in the game (and happily with the best penalty roll around). Remember that your flingers can still use their daggers after the poison has been wiped off, not for AUTO-KOs but for bypassing the block dice. In a stunty leeg world where noone has block and everyone has dodge, this is one of the best abilities a team could ask for. Use your spore flingers not to try again and again for the AV9 roll you need to take a big guy off the pitch but to take out 2 players in the first turns of the drive, bringing your opponent down to a 9 vs 11 play for the entire drive, letting you match them player to player and still have 2 herders for your trolls. And once the madness has started, keep stabbing! It's the snotling way!

Snotlings are FAR more durable then they look. With every player having regenerate, thick skull and the like, you're not going to be short of players as long as you keep your roster loaded. Retire those SI MNG guys - you'll get a 50% return on their cost in the coach and you don't want to miss players. This is especially true of spore flingers - in my opinion they have every skill they ever need - short of some great double rolling, if they're out for a game, retire them, spend a measly 40k and bring a new one in for next game rather than having to try to play with anything short of a full pos roster.

Hmm.. Anything else I can think of? Rerolls will SAVE you pump wagons and with 20k players you have no excuse not to have 5 or 6 of them. Also if you want your pump wagons to live long enough to get skills, consider only playing one a drive. It drastically increases their chance of surviving and means you'll get more pump wagonage per game for less penalty roll!

Snotlings are glorious. All hail the snots.
 Jump to: