52 coaches online • Server time: 17:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season 100!goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Problem to organize ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Prez

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2008 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Well folks it seems the best way off getting through a round you dont want to play is to just sit it out and ignore your opponents PM and go off line for several days, and finally hope the that the coin toss goes your way.

After numerous PM's to opponent to get game played all to no answer and other PM's to the Admins explaining the situation, that my opponent was not responding. I finally getted booted from the FC on a Coin toss...

JUST HOW JUSTIFIED is that

I show up for 3 days on the trot to try and catch him to get game played yet I lose out, maybe next time I'll try that approach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2008 - 01:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, I applied with one team, applied with a second team because of unforeseen circumstances and wrote an admin to delete the first application. What happened? Both teams did not enter the Major.
Edit.

Edited by Purplegoo. Please adhere to site rules regarding language.
fly

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2008 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

too bad, mrprez. take action earlier. write on the first day a PM to your opponent, and start hassling the admin 3 days later if you don't get a response. this way you don't get kicked by cointoss(i hope at least...). also i don't understand why there's a cointoss when one of the players refuses to show/play/respond.

Astarael

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2008 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Just because they havn't replied to you doesn't mean they havn't replied to the admins.

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2008 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Pls do not only look into Mr.Prez file... just take a small look around: 19 of 127 games hadnt been played in a week. Thats a major. How weak is that? A big fat /boo, to all the guys, who didnt showed up.

Okay, okay, okay, there where some with Inet-Problems, alright. Big fat boo!

---> I have proven the opposite!
Kinks

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2008 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

It does sound unjustified, but I have seen PurpleChest telling players to report such situations to him and he would rule the win in favor of the coach trying to play the game rather than put it to the coin toss. I doubt he was lying.

Maybe it would have been a better idea if you spoke straight to an admin, rather than writing this post, to check there hasn't been an over site.

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2008 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I did send PM's to PC, but they were over looked in the multitude of other PM's regarding the FC. Even so when it comes to the coin toss surely it should stand out 'clearly' that if a coach hasnt been online for days how can the other guy get the game played if his opponent isnt online in teh first place

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2008 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it just me or is Mr Prez's team still in the FC? I could be wrong... But either he has another account he's meaning to post from... Or he's being a bit dim. The game was forfeited to the other team but his team was put forward.

Oh and yes, the other person that added to the whine, Dominik, is also still in the FC.

What the hell is the point in this thread?

Whine whine whine I got boned by the admins, oh wait, no I didn't!

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2008 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

... weird... you are right Astarael. But I checked his opponent a few minutes ago and then HE had that game, not MrPrez... I might be going mad though Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2008 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I imagine it was an overturned decision as the forfeit was originally for the other team. I REALLY doubt the overturn was due to this thread. Whining in a forum rarely gets you anywhere.

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2008 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you are right. And I also hope you are right. Whining paying off on the internets... that can only mean the end of days!

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2008 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

hell yea, get new glasses or learn to read. another choice: delete this thread.

AoP-Vimes

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2008 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

hehehe
i must remember this:
"Oh no, why doesnt anybody listen to me? I wrote tons of messages to JD and the admins, that i dont want to play his team, cause it woulda be unfair overpowered... so why cant i just pass his team and continue at another spot of the Cup" ehem... i guess whining worx from time to time. Hehehe... and i just talked to Mr.Prez opponent while this all happened. Hehehe, he got confused a lot Smile.

---> I have proven the opposite!
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2008 - 01:37
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

This thread, and any like it, have zero impact on any decision I, or anyone in the tournament Staff team, make.

It is the absolute truth that i was not even aware of it until the case had already been resolved.

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2008 - 01:39 Reply with quote Back to top

HE LIES, BURN THE WITCH

*ahem* Hello Purple, welcome to the thread.