36 coaches online • Server time: 00:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Roster Tiers
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
UrienRakarth

Post 22 Posted: Nov 14, 2003 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Idea

I think that Nurglings are too weak compared to other stunty teams... is true that they all have regen and thick skull, but offensive potential is surely less than all other teams (in particular Chaos Halflings and Snotling) cause they only have the 2 beast. Win is very difficult then, cause they all have ag 2 or less... (and in a stunty leeg ag 2 means that u can't pass and can't dodge... with all these diving tackler, and pick up the ball is a 50% roll)

So I have an idea: and if we raise AV from 7 to 8 to nurglings? They will be more competitive (at actual state i don't see a very competitive nurgling team... the higher str nurg team is 39th in str position with 242/148 TR/ST)

If u have other ideas or agreed with me, plz speak! Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
cataphract

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2003 - 03:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a nurgling team and don't have too muh problem with them... don't forget their big guys are str6 and also al their players have access to physical mutations. which means a plyer with big hand eliminates all your picking up needs, get diving tackle across the board and your sorted.

I don't think AV8 is the answer, the statistacal difference in AV7 and AV8 is huge! I beleive you have a 39% probability of breaking armour seven and only 25% of breaking AV8... I'd like to see the little blighters (pun intended) get foul appearance... it gives them a bit in defensiveness but not as much as an armour increase. It also means they still have no passing game but they ruin everyone elses! And all your fluff needs are satisfied!

Last edited by cataphract on %b %14, %2003 - %03:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2003 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Nurglings are balanced as is. Like the Khemri they are designed to kill their opponents not play the ball.

Two ST6 players, high armor for stunty, regen, thick skull, and infect on a player that will get alot of kills in stunty makes up for the fact that they have ag2.

Look at the race stats - Nurglings have a higher CAS differential then Chaos, and are a full +.6 over the next closest stunty team - c flings. They have a better TD ratio then 7 other stunty teams to go with their major cas advantage too.

They are certainly not underpowered.
UrienRakarth

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2003 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

But Chaos Halfs kill much more than nurgs (mino is very near to a beast and they also have 2 chainsaw) and they pick up also the ball... and remember they also can choose physical like nurgs! Don't get be fooled by race stats: there are lesser nurgs teams than c.halfs!

But give them Foul Appearence is too much i think, much better than av8...

p.s.: infect is only on beast...

Btw let see some other opinion...
UrienRakarth

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2003 - 03:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps the cause of my vision is only for my mythic bad luck...
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2003 - 03:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the race stats are the best possible analysis of how teams play, looking at a handful of games instead can be deceptive. If Nurglings were especially weak - like say vamps - it would show up. In addition to the other stats I quoted, Nurglings have the second best winning percentage of stunties (after skinks).

Honestly, and as I pointed out just looking at them nurglings have lot going for them. Comparing Nurglings vs C Flings as you do shows that the former are fine.

Nurglings have the best BG - and it is far better in stunty then divx since you will get a bunch of kills with it. Your stunty players are darn hard to hurt. One or two big hands and you don't have to worry much about your low ag - unlike Khemri. Yes C flings can pick up the ball 2/3rds of the the time with ag3 - but wih av6 they tend to go splat rather easily.
UrienRakarth

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2003 - 04:05 Reply with quote Back to top

in my games i've been ripped apart by c.flings...
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2003 - 04:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, looking at your record of 2-2 with 1-1 vs c flings your record looks fine to me. Especially at +2 CAS a game.
cataphract

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2003 - 04:40 Reply with quote Back to top

please... chaos flings are the easiest team to beat with nurglings! it's as simple as "put your beasts next to his minos... that's it! he's forced to start his turn with a frenzied 2db your choice.... and if he succeeds in not knocking himself down he's got another mino that has to do the same thing! meanwhile you pound the crap out of his halflings while he does Turn over after turnover. Or he's forced to leave his minos on the ground which means your beasts are able to terrorize his flings and your nurglings are free to foul his minos!

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2003 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

evo worked very hard balancing nurglings, theya re meant to be the dwarves of stunty dom stating back with the ball and working slowly deliberately forward to score
they are NOT meant to be a passing team

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2003 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

The only real problem with nurglings is that there team str is very misleading. They are often valued a lot less than what they really are worth. This problem isn't exclusive to nurglings though it is a pretty universal problem with stunty teams. Another example being how ridiculousely over valued ball and chain players are acording to the strength formula, but that doesn't really have anything to do with nurglings.

The only other problem with nurglings is they are a little on the bland side. With no secret weapons and essentially a team of generic str 2 stunties they can be a little on the boring side. If the nurgle beast gets toned down like it is rumored the team might need to have something added to it so it will continue to be competitive. Maybe some kind of positional nurgle demon like a plague bearer or giving them acess to some secret weapons.

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2003 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Plus you need to roll doubles for mutations. If that happened more frequently, the nurglings would be more flavorful. Mmm chocolate covered nurgle Razz

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2003 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Why Nurglings don't have Star Players ?
cusi

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2003 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

nurglings are a fumbbl roster not a games workshop one albator only gamesworkshop teams have stars

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2003 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I am interested in the Foul Appearance idea. However, I do not think that the entire team should have it.
How about if we create a new position player called a Stinker. Only difference would be 0-4 of them and an appropriate increase in cost. This would put them on par with Rotters as for players able to start with FA. An entire team with FA would gain a noticeable advantage. The 1 in 6 missed blocking may not be very noticeable with only 1-2 players, but the more you have the more you see it.
 Jump to: