33 coaches online • Server time: 14:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Problem to organize ...goto Post Updated star player ...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2008 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
The thing in B is that you might be given a really hard game and then the next game be given a really easy one. Every one gets hard and easy games and some balanced games. In the end it eavens out because every one plays hard easy and balanced games and get a mix og theese. In R there are coaches who never gets a hard game.

I wish I could have my beloved R teams in B.

The problem is that I think the box is systematically giving some teams an easy ride. Lewdgrips losing record might be partialy to blame for the easier matchups but its also clear that on several occasions hes been fed what look like really easy games. While this flaw should eventually go away for the majority of teams under TR 200 it is still likely to be an issue.. the top TS blackboxing teams will consistently get easier games, especially at odd times of the day. Thats the kind of thing which might spoil an uncapped tournament.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Synn

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2008 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz.... I am waiting to see an "easy" game. Here is my schedule.

__Synn
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2008 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
The thing in B is that you might be given a really hard game and then the next game be given a really easy one. Every one gets hard and easy games and some balanced games. In the end it eavens out because every one plays hard easy and balanced games and get a mix og theese. In R there are coaches who never gets a hard game.

Logic fail.

What if we have even games most of the time? I hate playing vs weaker teams. It's dull... and yet I'm not good enough to play when I'm down massive amounts of TS. Confused

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2008 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps there should a feature be built in that prevents the BowlBot to schedule too unfair games. I had a game where my team played his second game and my opponent's team already played 29 games. So he had lots of skills and was up more than +20 TS. These kind of matchups are plain unfair and make dull matches, as one team is much stronger than the other.

I wonder if there could a barrier be implemented that prevents the BowlBot from scheduling games where TS difference is greater than 20 (or something the like)? Because if there is no such barrage, it could be possible to schedule, let's say, a first-game Halfling team against a, well, 20 games Dwarven team or something the like, and although it's of course possible to retire the then destroyed team (if that happens), the original intent of [B] was to ensure fair matchups...
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2008 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
Qaz.... I am waiting to see an "easy" game. Here is my schedule.

__Synn

Yeah, you also have 11/9/5 though... so, as Christer intends DivB as balanced games (and not balanced matches), it works.

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2008 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

And that concept of "balanced games" would drive me away from B. Its not fun to play up 25 TS game after game.

__Synn
Forrest_Gump

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2008 - 22:38 Reply with quote Back to top

*agrees with synn* http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&showstats=1&team_id=509659

playing up 20ts most games(often against top coaches too) i managed to fluke my way to a few wins but had my team utterly destroyed in the process...

Try out Tilean Triad Trialsfor some fun threesome action!

Forrest_Gump

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2008 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

oh and as a result it seems pretty hard to start a new team if you have to play up 20ts from the go. as 20ts is huge at 100tr...

Try out Tilean Triad Trialsfor some fun threesome action!

JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2008 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
And that concept of "balanced games" would drive me away from B. Its not fun to play up 25 TS game after game.

__Synn

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying the pairing does what it is supposed to do in Christer's mind.
(and grats for the record, btw)

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2008 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:

__Synn

I agree here synn It would drive me away too but maby attract others. who am I to judge. I had hoped for a compettitive league. but on the bright side it might send me right back to my 3 beloved teams I enjoy playing so mutch Smile

Lone Stars 500 games aprotching and I hear the hellfish are near 700

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2008 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

That would rock.

And btw, I think both you and Synn should write here instead:
http://www.fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=14848&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
(for example, read my request on page 2)

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2008 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Saw this tonight :

Quote:
<BowlBot> Processing round.
Found 12 coaches.
Scheduling Gisaku vs Baron_Patron @901
Scheduling Uberskiller vs Gunslinger @963
Scheduling Ludovicious vs McAaberg @965
Scheduling Bluemi vs Jesperius @846
Scheduling Gordreg vs wolfmoon @938
Scheduling NickNutria vs Sneakypete @982
Scheduled 6 matches

As I'm of the understanding that 850 is the suitability cut off, thought I should bring this to your attention.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2008 - 07:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I saw a team last night on Blackbox that was extremely frontloaded, with 3 star players and FF1 for its first match.

This doesn't seem right. In [R], you can avoid playing such a team, but in B, you can't.

One idea might be a rule in B that you can't hire star players until the team has completed ~5 games.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2008 - 07:38 Reply with quote Back to top

westerner wrote:
I saw a team last night on Blackbox that was extremely frontloaded, with 3 star players and FF1 for its first match.

This doesn't seem right.

Actually its fine. That many star players should push the TS up alot so the team is not playing against other rookie teams but more developed teams. If nothing else it is a good test of how well costed the star players are.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Motskari

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2008 - 08:09 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=511682

well, actually they have no so high TR in goblin team. And I have hard time to think that they will carry on after their first.
 Jump to: