29 coaches online • Server time: 14:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ultwe

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 16:53 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
Manbush wrote:

3. a Dwarf-halfling matchup is possible (try getting that in Ranked Smile )

That is absolutely no problem. Make a halfling team and go and challenge a dwarven team. I bet you`ll get a game very quickly.

Well that is true to a point

I have had Dwarfs and CDs refusing to play my Flings in [R], at TS more or less equal (+/- 10)

I suppose even Dwarf coach should be allowed to hug their pixels Smile

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
Hogshine

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
3- All the cool guys do it, and I want to be accounted among the cool guys

This is the only reason I started. But then my first (and so far only) game was against Jan... :'/
pizzamogul

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I enjoy playing matches. I don't enjoy the games you have to play and the wait you have to endure to arrange competitive matches in Ranked.

I have several Ranked teams with themes and fluff that I've spent years working on. I am sad to think I might not play them much anymore. However, I look forward to creating new teams and themes and fluff for the BlackBox . This wide open field offers so many opportunities for fame... I just wish I had some good ideas for fresh team concepts.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I play [B] because I don´t get a chance to say no to an opponent.
And having a matchup that might not fit me that well helps me to improve my skills (if there are any).
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Because I can just rock up and play a game at an exact time, so I can say to my GF 'I'm going to have a game at 6' and actually mean it rather than sit on the finder for half an hour.

As long as the as yet undisclosed pairing formula doesn't take CR into account, I think my experience in the games I'm playing is no different between [B] and [R] so far, except maybe I don't see someone on the finder I know and get on with and get to goad him into a [B] match. Very Happy
Sinner

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

[B] does the stuff for me I try in [R]

In [R] I would announce my teams in gamefinder and chat and sat there waiting to be challenged, just so I could tell them that I do not need a link and I will play them without looking at their team (usually I got a wow, cool or brave for that). Actually I got bored waiting too long (DE and Zons mind you...) and started challenging myself - again without looking. I got turned down as often as not.

My time is not limitless, I want a game, I want to have fun, I don't want to know what I face (DukeTyrion said that as well) and make the best of it.

I am sick of picking.

Well, and I suck against HE, so I play [B] because there are not so many of those greasy ducks.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

What is a wrong reason to play in Blackbox?

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

play for your own reasons dude. Does it really matter what anyone else thinks of yours reasons to play? Ignore the haters I say
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

BiggieB wrote:
play for your own reasons dude. Does it really matter what anyone else thinks of yours reasons to play? Ignore the haters I say

Well, exactly.

If you're playing to prove a point, you're wasting your lesiure time trying to make points to internet guys you'll prolly never meet.

Play wherever makes you happiest. If that's [B], then great!
TheCetusProject

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

- Keeping dark elves alive seems more fun in [B], in [R] it seems to be too easy
- It is more convenient to get an automatic matchup than to sit on gamefinder waiting for an offer to accept
- No CR, tournament, or league standings, so not winning doesn't make me unhappy, but at the same time it is not uncompetitive.
- When your team is battered you can get fun matchups that you wouldn't get often in [R] because few people would be shameless enough to offer them.
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

TheCetusProject wrote:
- No CR, tournament, or league standings, so not winning doesn't make me unhappy, but at the same time it is not uncompetitive.

Seems to come up a bit. The [B] games already contribute to the Championship (I know, I know, means sod all), and there is a BR behind the scenes that I assume will become public eventually.

If you don't want a ranking system in [B], perhaps now is the time to make noise about it?

Personally, I'm not to fussed either way. I'd like a team ranking like the NAF do in this division. I would like tournies too. But it's a long way off yet - the new WoW thingie just came out, BigC has bigger fish to fry. Wink
Gatts

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I play B sicne i find it more rewarding than R,

but to tell the truth i havent had time to play much at all lately.. sob sob

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2008 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I love it!
All the pressure of picking the right opponent is gone.
High CR coaches can no longer dodge my "unfair" Razz game offers and likewise I can't dodge them.
A new ranking system should be introduced asap so that your true skill at the game can be measured.

Introduce some major tournaments as well and I'm never playing another ranked game.

Last edited by ATozz on %b %14, %2008 - %06:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Sarganius

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2008 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

100% agree with BiggieB. Why do we need a 'reason' to play in Blackbox? No one has the right to tell someone they are playing for the wrong or even the right reasons! Give me a break...
Mezir

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2008 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

It handily neutralises my cherry-picking reflex.
You get matches fast.