13 coaches online • Server time: 06:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Synn

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2008 - 21:44 Reply with quote Back to top

You guys know SMACKs do not require two back-to-back games right?

__Synn
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2008 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

how about a TOC in the tour?
the top 16 of one season could faceoff in the january of the following year, with a specifc and special prize for the winner

also, i like the idea of more cash prizes and less physical prizes, at least then it gives the team a good boost for recovery and extra building, but dosent go insane (Im thinking of the LC with this one, that temple guard is MAD! Very Happy)

im still up for my golden tickets idea though Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2008 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:

__Synn

Personally no, I didnt. Thanks for informing me.
Still, they require to be in chat and waiting till there's the right number of guys, something I'm not able to do most of the times. With Sched smacks, I just apply, forget about it, and I get notified when it starts. And have all the time to get in touch with my opponent.

Priceless, from my point of view.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2008 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Rijssiej wrote:
CircularLogic wrote:
Anyhow.. I want to suggest a merger of the minors and the tour. The tour were essentially TR150 minors with a point ranking attached. So this is essentially more minors with the tour ranking attached to all of them.

What is the point with the tour ranking? I think you have some nice ideas with giving the different tourneys more character but I don't understand why we need tour ranking at all. And if we want a ranking why not include the majors and XFL too for something like a tourney ranking?

The idea is that the six tours are connected into one yearly event - something for which you get points depending on how far you progress (none of this modified by who you drew etc, 6 tours is big enough that you cant just be lucky). The reason there are only six rather than maybe seventy three is because its about the most that you can expect one person to play. You dont have to be some kind of a freak junkie to play in one tour every two months - that means that you can realisticly set yourself a goal to achieve position x in the final tour standings and have to fight for it.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2008 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:

__Synn

Technically no. But in the real world they do. If I am going to hang around waiting for a smack to start the last thing I want is to get just one game (and then potentially end up with two scheduled games eating up [L]eague time). People interested in playing single game smacks arent in the majority so it only takes a few grumpy gits to (fairly enough) say they arent interested in it unless its two games.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2008 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Rijssiej wrote:
CircularLogic wrote:
Anyhow.. I want to suggest a merger of the minors and the tour. The tour were essentially TR150 minors with a point ranking attached. So this is essentially more minors with the tour ranking attached to all of them.

What is the point with the tour ranking? I think you have some nice ideas with giving the different tourneys more character but I don't understand why we need tour ranking at all. And if we want a ranking why not include the majors and XFL too for something like a tourney ranking?

The idea is that the six tours are connected into one yearly event - something for which you get points depending on how far you progress (none of this modified by who you drew etc, 6 tours is big enough that you cant just be lucky). The reason there are only six rather than maybe seventy three is because its about the most that you can expect one person to play. You dont have to be some kind of a freak junkie to play in one tour every two months - that means that you can realisticly set yourself a goal to achieve position x in the final tour standings and have to fight for it.

Oh yeah, position 49 on the tour...what a great achievement. Rolling Eyes
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2008 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:

__Synn

Umm. Nope. Never heard that one.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2008 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I realized, I just need 2 more events to hit the full cycle of 12 events (if the TS-limited tourneys are held at each TS class)

TS limited tournaments wont work. Forget it.

There are simply too many issues which would be ikky to resolve and enforce:
- cash dosent count for TS. What are you gonna do, force people to drop all their cash? Have fun checking all the teams...
- TS for some races is clearly borked, especially at low levels. In [B] teams will be protected (to an extent) by racial factors, once they are included. This isnt possible for tournaments.
- trimming teams for TS limited tournaments is much more complicated than doing so for TR limited tournaments, so its not exactly user friendly.
- big TR/TS mismatches will mean that some teams get a whole bundle of handicaps for free.

SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2008 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Rijssiej wrote:
SillySod wrote:
Rijssiej wrote:
CircularLogic wrote:

Oh yeah, position 49 on the tour...what a great achievement. Rolling Eyes

But it suddenly looks alot better when you realise that (for example) JanMattys came 50th. The whole point of the tour is to win it.... or do very well, but how well is "very well"? It dosent hurt to show people how they did overall.

I would definately value being tour chamion much more than I would value winning a major.

Last edited by SillySod on %b %21, %2008 - %22:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2008 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:

__Synn

Yes, I was aware of that.

Most people in the smack channel that wait it out to get 8 coaches together want to play 2 games, back-to-back.

Added to that, most of the people that play Scheduled Smacks, don't have the time to wait around while 8 gather.
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2008 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

prize for GLT is boring.. I would like to see something with secret weapons of choice to the winner, 1-2 chainsaw,bomber or ball&chain.
LC prize is also boring, and maybe broken..
FC should eater have 1 positional player or healing scroll, not both.
Instant (must be used after final)Healing potion or some minor price should be given to runner ups in all tornaments.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2008 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I think cool special prizes should be toned down, and not bad prizes toned up.

GLT prize is fun. Lustrian and FC prizes are not lrb :/

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2008 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

drop lustrian guard, keep FC prize, end of the day, if you win the cup you deserve to have what people couldnt ask for Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2008 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

also, cups should be frozen , so players who finish fast don't get to play friendlies with their best buddies to gain some skills and store up cash.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2008 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
I think cool special prizes should be toned down, and not bad prizes toned up.

GLT prize is fun. Lustrian and FC prizes are not lrb :/

I think the prizes are fine, as long as they go after 1 year.

I don't think the player should be on the team forever, as soon as the new winner is crowned, the Temple Guard should take up his new position, on the new team.

It might also make teams use the players a bit more between majors.
 Jump to: