32 coaches online • Server time: 09:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Jump up on a tree?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2008 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Please feel free to add to this, but a few things come up alot, so I thought it might be worth putting in a thread.

Q) What is Blackbox?
A) Blackbox is a new division, where your team is automatically matched against another coaches team, after consideration is given for Team Strength and race modifier, to give you the fairest possible match. (Blackbox Rating and Blackbox Bash Rating are no longer factored in to the team matching)

Q) Where is the Blackbox channel?
A) Do /join #Fumbblblackbox, from the main chat room, and you will be in the right channel to chat and see the activation warning.

Q) Do i have to make a seperate team for Blackbox?
A) Yes, Blackbox is a seperate division, when you go to make a team, Blackbox will be one of the choices in the dropdown menu.

Q) How do I apply to play?
A) At 10, 25, 40 and 55 Minutes past the hour, Blackbox will reset and a warning in #Fumbblblackbox will ask you to apply with your teams. If you wish to join a round, click activate next to any of your teams and you will be entered into the next round. Ensure you activate after the 5 minute warning though, because if you activate before 10, 25, 40 or 55 minutes past, your team will be removed from the round at the warning reset.

Q) Can I select which of my teams get entered?
A) Yes, when you activate you can select which of your teams go into the scheduler.

Q) When do the round being?
A) The matching takes place at 15, 30, 45 and 60 minutes past the hour, within a short while of which your opponent should be available to play.

Q) Can I unactivate if i decide I do not wish to play?
A) Yes, you can inactivate by clicking on the "pending" link and deselecting all your teams.

Q) Can I hire Stars or Wizards for the match?
A) Yes, but only if they are hired before the scheduler matches you team. Because the match is done on Team Strength, any purchases made after the teams are matched would unbalance the game, so once you have been matched you will be unable to change your team.

Q) What if my team is not matched?
A) Because there are often odd numbers of applicants, or becuase a minimum 'match' score is required, sometimes you will not be given a game. Just be patient and re-apply 15 minutes later.

Q) What do I do if my opponent crashes, or dissapears and I wish to play the following round?
A) If you have any issues with not being able to find your opponent, or something goes wrong in the scheduler, as usual the best thing to do is /join #Fumbbladmin and ask for advice there, but please remember to be patient, these are real people giving up their time to help you.

Q) Will you add to this FAQ?
A) Yup, I will have missed a shedload of items, but with luck plenty of other forum users will update this thread, so that we get a growing FAQ. Some will even go as far as to tell me I should have put something in the 'help' files, but I am always a bit nervous about updating those.

Last edited by DukeTyrion on %b %18, %2010 - %20:%Feb; edited 16 times in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2008 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Good idea. Kudos for it.

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2008 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice!!!!!!

i saw on a dead player of my retired team a button of "heal player" these only shows on my B team...

is these normal? every team had it? how can i get more potions? can i use these potion on another team?

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2008 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't use the potion.. you can only use it once so save it for a very special player.
And it goes for all division.

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2008 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

i tried to use it on my dead Str4 blitzer of my ranked team and it dont have the chance to use it Sad

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2008 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
A) No, becuase the match is done on TS, any purchases would unbalance the game, so once you have activated you will be unable to change your team.

That answer is slightly misleading...
Stars/Wizards CAN be hired, but only BEFORE you activate your team.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2008 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Plorg wrote:
Quote:
A) No, becuase the match is done on TS, any purchases would unbalance the game, so once you have activated you will be unable to change your team.

Wording changed.
Pro511

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2008 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe adding the phrase "in the chat room" in the answer for the first faq question.

I think many total newbies don't even know that the chat room is the place where most games are organized.

And if it's a FAQ, maybe even making the very first question: What is Blackbox? And developing a one sentence description.

Also, maybe the fact that it's still in the testing phase should be covered?

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2008 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Great idea.

One point I was confused about when I first joined, that you may want to incorporate into the FAQ somehow:

Q: Can I activate my team any time?
A: No, you must activate it during the 5-minute window before the round starts. If you activate early, it will be cancelled when the 5-minute window opens and you will need to reactivate.

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2008 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Updated for 'What is Blackbox' and clarification on 5 minute warning.
westerner

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

There is now a preferred team
feature as highlighted by Jan.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Plorg wrote:
Quote:

Wording changed.

Still wrong.

Stars and Wizards may be hired at any time up until you have been assigned your opponent. Once the draw has been made you can not make ANY changes to your team that effects TR/TS.

(The difference is I can activate then hire as long as I do so before I get scheduled)

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2008 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
A) No, currently when you activate, all of your teams go into the scheduler.

Think we/you should add the "Preferred team" feature: "For coaches to increase the probability of a particular team of theirs to be scheduled. The preferred team is the one you click on to activate."

Nice idea though Duke! Respect (as Ali G would do it)
Plorg

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2008 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Astarael wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:
Plorg wrote:
Quote:

Wording changed.

Still wrong.

Stars and Wizards may be hired at any time up until you have been assigned your opponent. Once the draw has been made you can not make ANY changes to your team that effects TR/TS.

(The difference is I can activate then hire as long as I do so before I get scheduled)

Did Christer state this somewhere explicitly?
If so, I missed it.
If not, then you are making assumptions about the internal workings of the scheduler.
Do you know for a fact whether it looks up team TS when it processes the round or when each team is activated?
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2008 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Baron_Patron wrote:
DukeTyrion wrote:
A) No, currently when you activate, all of your teams go into the scheduler.

Think we/you should add the "Preferred team" feature: "For coaches to increase the probability of a particular team of theirs to be scheduled. The preferred team is the one you click on to activate."

Nice idea though Duke! Respect (as Ali G would do it)

FAQ changed for activation and preferred team.
 Jump to: