35 coaches online • Server time: 12:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades metagoto Post Raising a Thrall wit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How would you describe your position on this matter?
I use all tactics i need to to win and NEVER care when it's done back to me
28%
 28%  [ 72 ]
I'll happily use all tactics i need to but i must admit i do sometimes get annoyed by the tactics of others
16%
 16%  [ 42 ]
I'll use all tactics i need to.... until i no longer feel its needed and hope my opponent does the same
44%
 44%  [ 111 ]
I'll play how I want to and get annoyed if the opponent uses certain tactics that i dont like
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 250

paulhicks

Post 7 Posted: Nov 23, 2008 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I was reading circularlogics coments in a recent blog reply about fouling http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blog&coach=67356&op=viewcomments&id=4804 and it got me thinking.
Are you the kind of coach who uses tactics which, although legitimate, are not liked by some coaches and how do you feel when the same tactics are used back to you?
Do you foul teams into the dust but get annoyed when its your team getting wiped off the field? Do you stall to win but get the hump when an opponent lucks out then stalls you for 7 turns?
So please read teh poll carefully and answer honestly. Theres no shame in admiting that you don't always enjoy being on the recieving end of tactics that you use. I'm not trying to call anyone a hypocrite. I suspect that there are plenty of people who at least from time to time feel like this.

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2008 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Go figure... a thread with this title and Pauly starts it.

__Synn
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2008 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

1- The title of this thread is disturbing.

2- I find your new avatar extremely disturbing.

3- On the topic: I use all the tactics I feel like using. Sometimes it means playing soft, sometimes it means playing hard. I don't remember the last time I moaned about a tactic used against me. I used to expect some "code of conduct" from my opponent. But now I don't any more.

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2008 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Fifth answer: I don't use tactics at all. Wink

DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2008 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow that Avatar is well, erm ... just ... erm ...

I couldn't find the answer that suited me. I do not use certain tactics or skills, but i accept that they may be used against me.

I never use DPs, but have no issue with them used by others. I never score on OFAB, but understand that others might have found a way to live with it in their own minds.

I guess I use skills and tactics that are right to me, so i feel I play the game in the right way, if others have their way of playing, then if they can justify it to themselves that is their choice.

Oh and bring back the other avatar Razz
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2008 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Well Paul.. I didn`t include you, because I have never played you. I just recently ran into some coaches that are on my white list because they are such good sports that they enjoy being fouled T16. At least that`s what I deduced when they did that to me. So I thought if they enjoy the T16 foul so much, why not do them the favor and foul them even though I usually don`t do that.

How surprised I was, when he started cursing about me being a lucker all game and so on.. that sparked my interest and I started the (neither representative nor significant) survey.
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2008 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
Well Paul.. I didn`t include you, because I have never played you. I just recently ran into some coaches that are on my white list because they are such good sports that they enjoy being fouled T16. At least that`s what I deduced when they did that to me. So I thought if they enjoy the T16 foul so much, why not do them the favor and foul them even though I usually don`t do that.

How surprised I was, when he started cursing about me being a lucker all game and so on.. that sparked my interest and I started the (neither representative nor significant) survey.

Circ please don't think i've posted this in anyway to get at you. I DO believe there are coaches like that out there and i have played them myself. You genuine sparked my interest on the subject

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2008 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I didn`t think so.. I just wanted to reply in the blog, but then I saw the thread.. and it seemed to be the right place to tell abit more of the story.

Oh.. said coach had to leave my white list.. apparently he isn`t that much of a fun opponent..
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2008 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I find this post offensive! Shame on you! Shame!

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2008 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Circ, I have no idea where I come on this survey or if I started it. I wasnt in the best of moods when I played against you so depending on how generous you were I really could be anywhere on it (from what I remember saying). What I do remember is it was one of the most peculiar turn 16 fouls I've ever encountered. Something about the way you announced it as if I was going to totally love it was somewhat strange, perhaps you'll see why when I explain why I like turn 16 fouls. Just saying this because if the rest of your fouls were the same then it could totally skew the outcome, along with how you interpret any chat.

Plus of course there are alot of coaches out there who clearly dont realise they arent great sports, certainly very few people maintain that that they are poor sports - for me your survey would only be a suprise if you are talking about people who are well known for being a great sport.

While I quite like being fouled (at any point in the game) I dont like it because I want to hear RIPs, I like it because I desperately dont want to hear RIPs... the same sort of thrill as a rollercaoster (although I'm not a big fan of them). Being fouled and having players killed can also be pretty entertaining although that tends to depend heavily on the chat and (unfortunately) on my mood.

PS names, we need names Very Happy

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2008 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah Silly.. I put you in the 'undecided' box.. not as cheerful as expected, but not pissed Wink

Oh.. and of course I have to announce my T16 foul.. I`m doing you a favor fouling just for you though I don`t do that normally and therefore I have to make sure you know how much I care for you :p
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2008 - 22:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Such things are just more usually given as unconditional love Wink

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Nexus_Six

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2008 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting.

I think i play different rolls with different teams.
EG:
I hate it when people try to decimate my elves as i dont play to cas and my fouling is 100% tactical.
Humans the same, im not malicious and get angry when others are.

But i dont overly give a damn when people are playing ring around the CD or goblin as i kinda expect it as my game play will be identical.
Same way i will play ring around anything downed if i have all of my 15 man goblin rooster available.

I have been known to pound elfbowling elves with my Gobs and giggle
but then get my elves pounded by gobs and get angry.

I guess this will then evolve into a thread about cherry picking as I will pretty much all commer my aggrsive teams but pick and choose my weaker more expensive ones.

Edit: I went for option 4. Although it was a little broader than the answer i just gave.

Last edited by Nexus_Six on %b %23, %2008 - %23:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2008 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I secure my win, at least to a certain degree, but usually don't have DP players on my teams ... mostly 'cause I prefer other skills for my playing style, and likely go a little easier on people if I am ahead by a good bit. Don't mind what opposition does though, and usually take the first game offer I get. Which prolly explains why close to all my teams have a negative cas ratio.

Voted 3rd option, but couldn't really express my stance through the poll options.

-Mnemon
frogboy

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2008 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Tacktic's don't work, trust me when i tell you i've tryed them...

Foul Bowl - Table Top Tournament in South Wales
 Jump to: