49 coaches online • Server time: 18:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Getting diced 3 game...goto Post 7s for fummbl?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How about Black box with total Race diversity ?
I'm the master of all races, YES bring it on.
35%
 35%  [ 33 ]
I'm a bit of a scaredy cat.... MAYBE.
19%
 19%  [ 18 ]
I play Khemri so NO way.
45%
 45%  [ 43 ]
Total Votes : 94

kn00b

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2008 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I've said this before - but nobody listens.

Racial diversity in BBowl is a myth. No league in the entire world has more scoring teams than bash teams. The NAF claims that one out of every eight games involves Orcs (which actually seems low to me). It's no use complaining about racial diversity, so why bother? You should be complaining about woodies anyway. Everyone knows that they are BORKEN!
Zuul

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2008 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

propuppetmaster wrote:
he has two retired [B] teams too

Yeah... and, surprise surprise, they are both dwarfs!

I think if he ever got this off the ground he should be forced to play Gobbos/Flings vs Dorfs constantly (where he is the stuntys).

Razz

Other than that, move along children. Nothing more to see here. Just another idiot proposing another idiotic idea. Just because there is no such thing as a stupid question doesn't mean there is no such thing as a stupid person.
westerner

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2008 - 08:00 Reply with quote Back to top

HolyG wrote:
We have other divisions which we love or hate, I still see things about current Black box that I don't like, one of which is racial variation ! I know yes I'm guilty as well ...

Zuul wrote:
Yeah... and, surprise surprise, they are both dwarfs!

Just another idiot proposing another idiotic idea. Just because there is no such thing as a stupid question doesn't mean there is no such thing as a stupid person.

The guy inserted a disclaimer in the OP; I don't see why it's necessary to pile on additional hate.

I don't agree with the idea proposed in the OP; I think fixed racial quotas are bad because they limit choice. So far, I've been pleasantly surprised with racial diversity in [B].

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2008 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I doubt this would be a success.

Its just too many team to care for, and yes what if a team get so crippled that you would normally retire it?

Ï own 5 teams now in the Box and so far thats enough for me
2 main bashy ogres/khemri and 2 softy zones/woody and then the norse which is kinda bashy as well oh well hehe

the only way to get racial diversity is through the players them self.
And actually i have been playing quite alot of Box games by now and so far been rather lucky with the diversity.

I would if there was some way that you could insure full racial diversity, but I dont believe there is without taking away players freedom and that i would not want to happen either.
HolyG

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2008 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, thanks for a flaming from a few, my play style isn't in question on the OP.

My suggestion was for a different division for those who liked the concept, all the above being said I recognize that nursing so many teams could become a drain and even slow development process of our delicate little pixels, with that in mind with it been a new concept we could in a sense go ' Back to Basics ' and allow only the original 12 teams to take part, in a sense create a nostalgic old school division for us older.... generation. 'Purist Division' - but sill incorporating the black box idea as it is.

Maybe that would appeal to some of us ?
Snorri

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2008 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Sneakypete wrote:

I would if there was some way that you could insure full racial diversity, but I dont believe there is without taking away players freedom and that i would not want to happen either.

Why dont people get that the current situation *is* taking away people's freedom to choose what they want to play. The only difference is its easier to discard the concept because its done indirectly. This doesn't make the situation any better and if anything, it seems more hypocritical listening to those who do pretend to espouse these freedoms so liberatingly.
Snorri

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2008 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

HolyG wrote:
OK, thanks for a flaming from a few, my play style isn't in question on the OP.

My suggestion was for a different division for those who liked the concept, all the above being said I recognize that nursing so many teams could become a drain and even slow development process of our delicate little pixels, with that in mind with it been a new concept we could in a sense go ' Back to Basics ' and allow only the original 12 teams to take part, in a sense create a nostalgic old school division for us older.... generation. 'Purist Division' - but sill incorporating the black box idea as it is.

Maybe that would appeal to some of us ?

It appeals to me. But I'm afraid our voices will get lost in the rabble that is unwilling to move or allow anyone else the opportunity to leave the huddle.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2008 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

HolyG wrote:
... we could in a sense go ' Back to Basics ' and allow only the original 12 teams to take part, in a sense create a nostalgic old school division for us older.... generation. 'Purist Division' - but sill incorporating the black box idea as it is.

If you are interested in 'Back to Basics', then why not suggest a Blood Bowl 1 division, where I could play Slann again Cool

I enjoy playing my Rats in B and have no wish to play boring grinding Dwarves, or even 11 Blodge amazons there.

You could always create a 'purists group' where each of you starts with 21 teams and then check, each season, as to which of you in most successful.

Apart from anything, a seperate division would lessen the numbers in each and B needs player number to work well.
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2008 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Snorri wrote:
Sneakypete wrote:

Why dont people get that the current situation *is* taking away people's freedom to choose what they want to play. The only difference is its easier to discard the concept because its done indirectly. This doesn't make the situation any better and if anything, it seems more hypocritical listening to those who do pretend to espouse these freedoms so liberatingly.

No, I don't get it. Please explain.

You can chose to use any official race.

You cannot chose your opponent because that is the whole point of [B]lack Box.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2008 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Snorri wrote:
Sneakypete wrote:

No I believe you are wrong.
You are free to pick whome ever you want to fight, at least in ranked on so forth and in Blackbox you are free to choose wether you want to join or not.

Thus you have freedom.
You are free to choose what arce you want to control yourself even though it might mean a lot of beatings, but you still have the choice. And if you dont want to risk a beating then you are still free to go and pick soft opponents in ranked.
Snorri

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2008 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, with that line of thinking I might suppose you'd say you are free to rob a bank, or not - you have the choice. At which point you could follow that through to a chinese protester who has the choice to say something and get rolled by a tank or not. After which you might wonder that china must be a wonderful country with lots of freedoms too...huzzah!

The key point is consequence. To be truly free, you must be allowed to make a choice one way or the other without such unbalanced consequences.

The other key point is that there are some of us who would really like a division like this? Who are you to deny us that freedom?
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2008 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Snorri wrote:
Yes, with that line of thinking I might suppose you'd say you are free to rob a bank, or not - you have the choice. At which point you could follow that through to a chinese protester who has the choice to say something and get rolled by a tank or not. After which you might wonder that china must be a wonderful country with lots of freedoms too...huzzah!

The key point is consequence. To be truly free, you must be allowed to make a choice one way or the other without such unbalanced consequences.

The other key point is that there are some of us who would really like a division like this? Who are you to deny us that freedom?

No one denies you the right to speak.
And sure no one except Christer wll deny you anything at all. If anything, because no one here except Christer has (or will ever have) the power to.

So cool down. Passive-aggressive behaviour won't get you much, anyway.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2008 - 11:29 Reply with quote Back to top

In a world of finite resources everyone cannot have everything.

So, the legions of orc/dwarf/khem teams are like rows of Chinese tanks? You at least have the choice to not live in China.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2008 - 11:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the point Snorri is trying to make (though through inadequate comparisons):
The bias towards damage inflicting races that is seen for whatever reason (it really doesn`t matter), discourages many coaches from playing races with a low armor value. Which in turn leads to more teams that are tough which - by accident - are teams that tend to inflict damage... and so on.

Sure, there will always be people that play the fast scoring teams, but they are not only punished by the inflicted damage, but also by the fact that they play at a TS advantage, because they might win more on average...

All those factors seem to push coaches into playing high AV, high ST races.

btw... there are also alternative suggestions
BigBother

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2008 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

What kind of poll is this supposed to be?
Why am I reacting to this anyway. This whole discusion is *censored*.
You don´t like [B] the way it is, you don´t play. End of it...
 Jump to: