51 coaches online • Server time: 11:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
nin

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2008 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

There was this thread just the day after things begun and the BlackBox has been running since then.

There have been a lot of threads on how we would like it to be. Some about technical issues. And a bit of boasting (that's the part I preffer).

May be this is time to have a thread about how it is.

My own impresions:

1) The BBox is full of bashers. That was to be expected, in my experience TT leagues that are going to be long have a lot of bashers. Bashers are tough and people want teas that survive the whole league.
It's not that diferent from [R]anked, if you don't count all the elfball, there are a lot of bashers and those develop high.

2) Some people expected or wanted something different and are upset. Some of them have made only bashers in BBox themshelves and that's amusing at the least.

3) Even with all those bashers, soft teams can survive and succed (win games is not much harder than in other divisions, getting high TR is trickier).
More important, it's fun and challenging imho.
...and may be in the long run more people realice that.

4) This division needs a diferent aproach to team development when you play soft teams.

5) The scheduler has not yet put me in a match so biased I won't ever have played it in [R]anked. But it's tricky at some points (like not scheduling some teams very often and such things). I supose it's part of the Alpha thing.

So, so far, I'm happy with BBox and ejoying it a lot.
(thanks to Christer)

Note: of course those are oppinions based on my own experience, other people may have different thoughts... that's the point of the thread, to share those oppinions (just pointing it out before someone ignites a flamethrower)
kn00b

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2008 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I think [B] is great and exactly as expected in Alpha testing. I'm curious to see what direction it's heading in.
 Jump to: