24 coaches online • Server time: 07:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you want major/ minor tourneys in [B]lack Box?
Yes
68%
 68%  [ 134 ]
No
31%
 31%  [ 61 ]
Total Votes : 195

Hogshine

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see any need for minors in [B], as every game is like entering a 2-team smack anyway. Just play 3 games, and you've got yourself your own "smack" of sorts.

However, I would potentially like to see majors in [B] <i>eventually</i>. But not as a replacement for [R] tournaments. I still hope [R] remains the main division on fumbbl.
Vanguard

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

i saw 400 tr elf teams in ranked, thats without picking not possible.

and it totally makes the majors unbalanced.

i want the nest player to win, not the best picker ^^

b prefers the bashers, thats an fact.

but thats the intention of the game ....

also powergameing will be possible, the chance of perma cas is much higher than picked games. so it would balance the majors.
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool. I'd better create an Orc team then.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Just so that I will shut up...

Will someone explain how smacks don't satisfy this urge?

Is it:
a) Smacks that aren't Rookie can use [R] teams that can cherrypick to maximize goodness.
b) Smacks don't use my [B] team that I'm now in love with because it's the flavor of the month.
c) Smacks make me play two games in a row and I don't really like BB that much. Wink
d) Smacks didn't just come out last month and I only wear what's hot at the moment.
e) Smacks don't have that kickass "good coach penalty" when pairing up.
f) None of the above.

What if we renamed Rookie Smacks into "Rookie Blackbox that spit out a Ranked team when it's done and you have to play two games in a row and there's not handicaped for coaches that suck Tournaments"? Would that make it cooler?

Smacks are blackbox tournaments even if they're not Blackbox Tournaments. Why isn't there the same love?

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro511 wrote:
Will someone explain how smacks don't satisfy this urge?

Smacks are blackbox tournaments even if they're not Blackbox Tournaments. Why isn't there the same love?

It's a fair question. I think the answer may include:

1) Using teams developed in [B] as you alluded to
2) Taking BR into account to handicap matchups
3) Having a minimum BR in order to enter certain tournaments.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not just simply allow teams to participate in the already established R tournaments. Okay they might not win the tournament sseeign how they have a harder environment to survive in, but why stop them from participating?

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Gatts wrote:
Why not just simply allow teams to participate in the already established R tournaments. Okay they might not win the tournament sseeign how they have a harder environment to survive in, but why stop them from participating?

Good question.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Gatts wrote:

On the one hand that would be cool, on the other hand I don't really want to see some crazy mutated elf team (or whatever) in B, just because they won a major.
Gatts

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the beauty of it is that they'd quite easily be decimated back to their proper place by the very fair and merciless box.
On the other hand I suppose, it would eb easy to make the prices different depending on what division the winning team played in. Like for example, owner of winning team will not be left out of the draw, by bowlbot, until next time the major rolls around, or anything else for that matter.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut wrote:
Gatts wrote:

On the one hand that would be cool, on the other hand I don't really want to see some crazy mutated elf team (or whatever) in B, just because they won a major.

Why not? It's not like they can hide from tough opponents in [B] anyway right? A tough mutated team today is tomorrows pitch fertilizer.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro511 you have a very good point. SMACKS are the (R) version of the Box. YET the participation of SMACKS by North American players is allmost 0.

Vanguard has thrown down the Gauntlet that Elves cannot get to high TR in the BOX. MMM for some reason I think he will be shocked in a few months when a few elf teams emerge with 350+ TR and working their way to 400.

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

If something like this does go ahead, I'd like to see a qualifying period before large tournaments in which you have to win a minimum numbers of games (or win a decent percentage of games) to qualify, so we don't get many prepped teams.
nin

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Appart from the fact that Christer has written that there will not be tournaments in BBox for at least a while (soething easy to understand, as it's only alpha)...

I'd like to see XFL-BBox (not mixed with the [R]anked XFL)
I think I'd like BBox teams in the FC (mixt, for [R] and BBox)
May be some more scheduled Majors/Minors for BBox only.
...but probably not smacks, as those "instant" tournaments could drain the scheduler.
PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

benninstein wrote:
If something like this does go ahead, I'd like to see a qualifying period before large tournaments in which you have to win a minimum numbers of games (or win a decent percentage of games) to qualify, so we don't get many prepped teams.

Well the BOX was intended so people could play games, increase participation. Blocking participation in ANY official tourney goes against what this site is trying to do, increase participation in a game we all like to play. Now if you are playing to win only, well then blocking participation is a desirable thing.
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2008 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

A Black Box ranking with some fluff and maybe a monthly Medal ist enough for the Box...and replace the goddamn championsship for it....Thats all
 Jump to: