39 coaches online • Server time: 16:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup IVgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trash
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Igvy

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

It is a BLACK BOX.

Why is it any less legimate for someone to have just a killing team? It is a game around fun.
And does it break the rules? no. This division is supposed to be free of cherrypickers. Perfect teams souldn't exist.
Not for me not for anyone.

On another note I would be very intrested in a division simmilar to [B] where the only change is that the mighty blow skill was a trait. That is it. Probably never gonna happen. But still.
xcver

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

well just take a look at his team and you get the drift....multiple dp's everywhere and very much likes to play down in TS in ranked (stats suggest he likes to play up in TR AND down in TS....Tua-Style). Well I guess even a crazed baboon could get CR166 that way Razz

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Kharma system won't work simple as that. Just read any forum topic to see how different the views on tactics and fair/unfair tactics each coach has. You can't then introduce a rating system that judges someone on their playing style when you have coaches who cry when they are fouled once while others love fouling and being fouled as often as possible.

Silly...

Won't work.

Blackbox is about being forced to play anyone. That means jerks, foulers, stallers, swearers (ME!!!), whingers (ME AGAIN!!!) bashers, and everything else under the sun.

The sooner you accept this the easier [B] will be for you... or back to ranked!

Last edited by Sarganius on %b %03, %2008 - %08:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
Pirog

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Most people have some coaches that they just strongly dislike on a personal basis. It would be kind of nice to be able to avoid them.

My initial reaction was to feel it was a bad idea, but when I thought about it I actually quite like it. To avoid abuse there could be a limit on the bans, perhaps 3 opponents for every coach. That would make it pointless to ban opponents for tactical reasons, but would save you from occassionally having to waste an hour or more of your time having a miserable time.

The downside is of course that it would require more work for Christer. I don't know how hard it would be to program such a ban system.
KennethLumina

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:

You know what the big issue is with handling it like this? The lamer will get so much money from your concession that he WILL hire a HUGE star for the next match. So in fact you're reinforcing their playstyle by conceding, as well a losing your team their winnings and a FF.

Pretty bad plan.

It saves my team from being mauled beyond playability. You want my team to bite it just so the other guy doesn't get a little extra cash for the next game? Sorry, not worth it and not fun for me.

If you want to let your team get crushed into the dirt so the guy doesn't get an extra d6 x 10K gold, go right ahead man.
Diabl0658

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Back in the day we used to have this division called Ranked. We would take a look at that gamefinder thing and then pick out one of the teams that looked like it wouldnt break our armor more then twice a half and then offer them a game. It took us an hour or two to find a game but we didnt have to worry about them abusive killer teams that are plagueing our blackbox nowadays.

Kids these days just dont appreciate all the luxuries of modern FUMBBL, its a darn shame.

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Diabl0658 wrote:
Back in the day we used to have this division called Ranked. We would take a look at that gamefinder thing and then pick out one of the teams that looked like it wouldnt break our armor more then twice a half and then offer them a game. It took us an hour or two to find a game but we didnt have to worry about them abusive killer teams that are plagueing our blackbox nowadays.

Kids these days just dont appreciate all the luxuries of modern FUMBBL, its a darn shame.

killer teams are ok if they play to win....too bad the replay is fragged up, but still you can see that there are about 8 skeletons ejected at the end of the game...doesn't look like reasonable playing to me, just an not fun one

Edit - Watch the language. --j

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Back in the day we used to have this play style called "fun playing". Fun playing people would always be the ones doing what was fun for them and wouldnt be concerned about winning if it got in the way of their fun. Some folks had their fun by scoring touchdowns, some folks had their fun spilling blood, and some folks had their fun throwing goblins to their doom.

Nowadays we only have two styles of play. Theres the "reasonable playing" which means you have to play to win and do nothing that does not contribute to a victory. Then theres "not fun playing" which is everything else.

Edit - watch the language, that goes for you too, diablo --j

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The second he wakes up, I will show Strawberry this thread. He will die of amusement.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

WG|Dark_Angel wrote:
The second he wakes up, I will show Strawberry this thread. He will die of amusement.

Then I'll report him for being the second account of easilyamused

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

How incredibly strong is the desire to cherrypick, if it must, with it's slimy tentacles, reach for the blackbox also?
Stay thy hand foul picker! The box is young and cannot defend itself yet against the corrupt forces of cherrypicking.
Hovring

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I like to play for winning difficult games, thats my way of having fun in this game. I don't mind getting fouled to death by khemri knowing thats how they win. Just as long as there is reason behind the fouls.

Some people play for team developmentĀ“(easy to combine with playing to win), others for team destruction and some gets a kick out of throwing a goblin at a beast. The sad fact however is that I get less out of winning against someone keep throwing goblins at me, simply because we are not playing against eachother but rather just playing two seperate games. Therefore I would very much appreciate to filter out coaches that have different agendas.

The deal is however, as stated above, some people play to cheat the system. And they could very well use black lists as a mean of getting easier games. So as a second best solution I support the idea of a limited blacklist.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Pirog wrote:
Most people have some coaches that they just strongly dislike on a personal basis. It would be kind of nice to be able to avoid them.

My initial reaction was to feel it was a bad idea, but when I thought about it I actually quite like it. To avoid abuse there could be a limit on the bans, perhaps 3 opponents for every coach. That would make it pointless to ban opponents for tactical reasons, but would save you from occassionally having to waste an hour or more of your time having a miserable time.

The downside is of course that it would require more work for Christer. I don't know how hard it would be to program such a ban system.

If Christer wouldnt mind implementing it then having a 3 coach limit on the blacklist would be about right. It would stop all sorts of daft "oh noes he won", "oh noes he fouled", and "oh noes he whined" blacklisting because people would save their list for the 1 or 2 coaches that they genuinely hate playing. It wouldnt really let you totally ban a particular playstyle but if 100-200 coaches decide that BLOODKILLERMACHO is intensley dull to play then it might cause enough non-schedulings for them to maybe rethink their style a little.

xcver wrote:
well just take a look at his team and you get the drift....multiple dp's everywhere and very much likes to play down in TS in ranked (stats suggest he likes to play up in TR AND down in TS....Tua-Style). Well I guess even a crazed baboon could get CR166 that way Razz

If you think thats sad look at his team pictures for zons... and then his team pictures for undead, chaos, khemri etc.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
morraywolfymax

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Dammit I wish I was clever enought o know who you're all talking about!

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2008 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
xcver wrote:

If you think thats sad look at his team pictures for zons... and then his team pictures for undead, chaos, khemri etc.

Laughing
Maybe he plays javabb because he fighting the urge to keep his hands occupied Very Happy