22 coaches online • Server time: 01:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
nin

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2008 - 19:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Reading some posts I'm surprised. I've found very nice people in my games in the box so far.

There is some pintless fear of bashers imho.

And more DP, but that's easy to understand, there are more Ogres too. The good point is that you can make the team you want and develop it as you preffer and still find balanced matches.
westerner

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2008 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're asking the question, you'll probably be facing more DP's in [B] than you're used to.

Net effect is that developing teams to high TR is more of a challenge... especially for soft teams.

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2008 - 03:19 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are worried about DP specifically then yes, you are likely to see a little more of it than you usually would in [R] (or alot more, depending on your picking habits). However if you are concerned about people going for cas instead of the win then you dont have too much to fear... very few coaches genuinely prefer cas over wins so the only time you need to worry about "untactical fouls" would be if the game is pretty much decided already. To be honest it isnt likely to make or break your team although it occasionally will. When seeminly pointless fouls do do significant damage then just roll with the damage - at least they werent important fouls which cost you a game.

Also... if your objective is a win record rather than team development then some of the apparently squishier teams are very competitive.

DukeTyrion wrote:
You will note that I don't use DP on any on my teams, but that's just because I am weak.

Although, when LRB 5.0 lands, and DP gets sucked out of the system, the meek will inherit the universe ... Mhwahahahaha ... erm, or something Shocked

Wink

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
pythrr

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2008 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

nin wrote:
Reading some posts I'm surprised. I've found very nice people in my games in the box so far.

There is some pintless fear of bashers imho.

I too fear bashers when I am pintless. Drunk is teh gud.
arw

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2008 - 04:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn it YES!
There is no more dodging, no hiding- no excuses!
If you aren't able to foul you are just playing worse (or not playing standard BB rules).

I actually hated all those DP whiners in Ranked who wouldn't even play my Delves because they got one DP... In my view it was clearly "Pre-game arrangement" not to play DP (and hence illegal in R). A league in the league. A bunch of lousy elfbowlers and noobs.

Nobody blames a coach not to have a DP. It is a self restriction somehow like giving random skills or playing flings. But not to play vs DPs- to even blame people for using the rules for the best results- that's embarassing.
Err... nonetheless I am sorry guys: I didn't mean to say I HATE YOU- it just... "slipped"... ^^ (no offense- I just love BB as is)

Fouling a lot doesn't mean winning a lot but not fouling at all means giving away games you could win.
Hence it is advisable to have at least one DP in any team. BBox "corrects" that by making dodging impossible (the sweetest gain in BBox!).

On the other hand it is a common superstition to believe that every "DP coach" is on a bloodrage and no longer interested in winning or nice games. You know- having a DP doesn't force people to foul in T16 or to cripple without sense.

Actually I'd say fouling is rather graceful since you don't "hope" to get his player out- you plan it. Fouling is the most reliable way to get rid of those players threatening your game. It is not Nuffle blessing your MB guy- it is a well planned and focused action. Strategic beauty!

It is however uncommon to play 3+ DPs. After all it is usually rather stupid to play Mass-DP. No- having 5+ DPs does NOT unlock the "2 fouls per turn" secret mode (and I won't tell you how to unlock it). No- your oppos players won't die of heart attacks in the halftime when you got 6 DPs. Yes: Your "other" 5 DPs won't give you ANY advantage when they are not currently fouling.
Don't fear those 6 DP guys cause most of them are (unlike pauly) not even able to foul (let alone the rest).

Khem can make a difference here. That's due to the fact that it isn't as stupid to have a bunch of DPs with Khem. Therefor 4 DPs in a Khem team don't indicate a bad coach. But a kill-fest ^^
However- an able coach having one or two DPs (+4 Block) is more threatening than a noob with 6 DPs who thought "that is what BBox is like".
nexusvalhees

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2008 - 07:42 Reply with quote Back to top

arw wrote:
Damn it YES!
There is no more dodging, no hiding- no excuses!
If you aren't able to foul you are just playing worse (or not playing standard BB rules).

I actually hated all those DP whiners in Ranked who wouldn't even play my Delves because they got one DP... In my view it was clearly "Pre-game arrangement" not to play DP (and hence illegal in R). A league in the league. A bunch of lousy elfbowlers and noobs.

Nobody blames a coach not to have a DP. It is a self restriction somehow like giving random skills or playing flings. But not to play vs DPs- to even blame people for using the rules for the best results- that's embarassing.
Err... nonetheless I am sorry guys: I didn't mean to say I HATE YOU- it just... "slipped"... ^^ (no offense- I just love BB as is)

Fouling a lot doesn't mean winning a lot but not fouling at all means giving away games you could win.
Hence it is advisable to have at least one DP in any team. BBox "corrects" that by making dodging impossible (the sweetest gain in BBox!).

On the other hand it is a common superstition to believe that every "DP coach" is on a bloodrage and no longer interested in winning or nice games. You know- having a DP doesn't force people to foul in T16 or to cripple without sense.

Actually I'd say fouling is rather graceful since you don't "hope" to get his player out- you plan it. Fouling is the most reliable way to get rid of those players threatening your game. It is not Nuffle blessing your MB guy- it is a well planned and focused action. Strategic beauty!

It is however uncommon to play 3+ DPs. After all it is usually rather stupid to play Mass-DP. No- having 5+ DPs does NOT unlock the "2 fouls per turn" secret mode (and I won't tell you how to unlock it). No- your oppos players won't die of heart attacks in the halftime when you got 6 DPs. Yes: Your "other" 5 DPs won't give you ANY advantage when they are not currently fouling.
Don't fear those 6 DP guys cause most of them are (unlike pauly) not even able to foul (let alone the rest).

Khem can make a difference here. That's due to the fact that it isn't as stupid to have a bunch of DPs with Khem. Therefor 4 DPs in a Khem team don't indicate a bad coach. But a kill-fest ^^
However- an able coach having one or two DPs (+4 Block) is more threatening than a noob with 6 DPs who thought "that is what BBox is like".

Speak for yourself man I'm out t KILL all your players that's how I roll strangely enough I never really had that many problems finding games in R though even with 6+ DP's the fun thing was getting a game with my 5 DP Dark elves vs elf ballers and then getting told I foul a lot I reply. MY TEAM HAS 5DP'S OF COURSE I FOUL A LOT. The second through fifth are only worthwhile if the others are hurt or ejected and your team isn't putting the hurt on.

Remember folks if you don't go out of your way to kill good players AGING IS YOUR FAULT!!
odi

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2008 - 07:43 Reply with quote Back to top

THe way I see it, my skaven team will be fielding 2 DPs at all times, I could use retaliation as an excuse, but actually they are there to make the pre-emptive strike on anything that could make a dent into that AV7 (so I guess that could even mean a lone fling). What I've found a lot easier in B is that there is very little tackle on the teams, since most of the bashers are concentrating on the other bashers, my blodge+ss gutters can roam the pitch pretty freely. So in a way having mostly an opponent who is not so agile, seems to make the games a bit easier to win, but when one of my players do go down, I gotta head for the player markets Very Happy Then again, I prolly wont have the problem of reaching 200+TR withmy skavens that easily and since recovering at around TR150 is so much easier, I dont really see a problem with playing bashers.

Oh wait! This thread was supposed to be about DPs... Yeah, get atleast 2 of them! And a wizzie if you can afford it!
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2008 - 15:53 Reply with quote Back to top

multiple DPs is a very valid tactic for elves to be able to survive in a bash-friendly environment....

any coach who complains that elves have too many DPs, is either afraid that their pixels are going to get hurt, or wants an easy casualty fest in their own favor....

--j

ImageImage
westerner

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2008 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

arw wrote:

Not illegal. Despite your rant.

But glad you like [B].

Post   Posted: Dec 08, 2008 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

nexusvalhees wrote:
...the fun thing was getting a game with my 5 DP Dark elves vs elf ballers and then getting told I foul a lot I reply. MY TEAM HAS 5DP'S OF COURSE I FOUL A LOT.

If the opponent has 5 or more players with Block then you can counter-complain that your opponent blocks a lot!
Qaz

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2008 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate coaches who block alot! Atleast you can get thrown out for fouling!

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Reisender

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2008 - 00:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Plorg wrote:
nexusvalhees wrote:
...the fun thing was getting a game with my 5 DP Dark elves vs elf ballers and then getting told I foul a lot I reply. MY TEAM HAS 5DP'S OF COURSE I FOUL A LOT.

If the opponent has 5 or more players with Block then you can counter-complain that your opponent blocks a lot!

i even heard of elves who dodge-a-lot

in their honour im gonna name my next darkie blitzer Sir Dodge-a-lot...or Sir Blodge-a-lot... woot i neeed brrraaaiiinnnnns
funnyfingers

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2008 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a very very low foul rate in Ranked and I do not think I have ever gotten a dirty player, but it is even more needed in BlackBox and my norse DP is on the Top 10 fouls for Norse.
Optihut

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2008 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
I hate coaches who block alot! Atleast you can get thrown out for fouling!

You could die blocking, though.
Fallen00

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2008 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

You can always concede when you play DP intensive khemri teams. Thats what a lot of poeple do. Especially if you have to kick first half.

Against other teams, most poeple over 160-170ts has at least 2 DPs in their roster. and thats a good thing! learn to boot, or be booted Very Happy
 Jump to: