78 coaches online • Server time: 22:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
funnyfingers

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2008 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

No need to concede to DP. Just don't foul back and watch them pick themselves off. If you Get The Ref, you still may not want to foul.
westerner

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2008 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Fallen00 wrote:
You can always concede when you play DP intensive khemri teams. Thats what a lot of poeple do. Especially if you have to kick first half.

I hope not. That's against the rules.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2008 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
the team taking excessive casualties is one acceptable reason to concede. Other reasons include having a very distinct lack of players left to play with,

Both of these factors are relevant to a DP heavy Khemri team.
koadah

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2008 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

PorkusMaximus wrote:
Quote:
the team taking excessive casualties is one acceptable reason to concede. Other reasons include having a very distinct lack of players left to play with,

Both of these factors are relevant to a DP heavy Khemri team.

I assume that it means that you play the game and suffer some casualties before conceding rather than conceding on turn 1.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2008 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I would still consider pre-emptive concessions (more like a forfeit I suppose) as perfectly legal as long as the reason is established. As far as I'm aware the administration is in place to prevent suspicious pre-arranged concessions, "Hey want a game? I'll just concede at the start so you get all my money" is a very different situation to "Oh my god I've just been matched against the killer team from Hell, there's no way this game can go any way but BADLY for me!". Ducking out of a game via concession isn't without its in game consequences and if you are serious about keeping the team active then it cannot be done on a regular basis. If it's highly likely a game is going to turn out badly then I don't think you should be forced to sit and wait until AFTER it has gone south before you concede.
johan

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2008 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The site rules don't agree with you:

--------------------------------------------------
# Concessions are to be made only when there is merit for them.
# In this context, merit means that the conceding team needs a reasonable in-game reason for conceding. The team taking excessive casualties is one acceptable reason to concede. Other reasons include having a very distinct lack of players left to play with, or being clearly outplayed in terms of touchdowns.
# Conceding when none of the above circumstances are fulfilled will require admin approval.
--------------------------------------------------

It's pretty obvious from the examples that you're not allowed to concede just because you foresee trouble.

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
westerner

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2008 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

PorkusMaximus wrote:
I would still consider pre-emptive concessions (more like a forfeit I suppose) as perfectly legal as long as the reason is established. As far as I'm aware the administration is in place to prevent suspicious pre-arranged concessions, "Hey want a game? I'll just concede at the start so you get all my money" is a very different situation to "Oh my god I've just been matched against the killer team from Hell, there's no way this game can go any way but BADLY for me!". Ducking out of a game via concession isn't without its in game consequences and if you are serious about keeping the team active then it cannot be done on a regular basis. If it's highly likely a game is going to turn out badly then I don't think you should be forced to sit and wait until AFTER it has gone south before you concede.

No way.

Preemptive concessions are clearly against the rules. Please see below (emphasis mine).

Concessions

Concessions are to be made only when there is merit for them.
In this context, merit means that the conceding team needs a reasonable in-game reason for conceding. The team taking excessive casualties is one acceptable reason to concede. Other reasons include having a very distinct lack of players left to play with, or being clearly outplayed in terms of touchdowns.
Conceding when none of the above circumstances are fulfilled will require admin approval.
If you are unsure if your particular game qualifies for a concession, please consult the FUMBBL administration for a ruling.
A match where the administration rules that a concession is acceptable, even though it does not fulfil the policy stated here will have its match report page marked to reflect this.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2008 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Scooped!!

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
westerner

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2008 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:
Scooped!!

Scooped again, dagnabit! I hate the Internet. Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2008 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I would say about 10% of concessions on this site meet those criteria. That should tell you something about the stupidity of a rule that relies on a completely subjective appraisal of the situation.
westerner

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2008 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

maznaz wrote:
I would say about 10% of concessions on this site meet those criteria. That should tell you something about the stupidity of a rule that relies on a completely subjective appraisal of the situation.

But it's still the rule. I don't think that argument will go very far with the admins after a lame concession gets reported.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2008 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Rules are stupid.

Edit: Some rules are stupid... All rules that are hardly ever enforced are stupid.

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2008 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Notice that the rule cunningly leaves open the possibility that they havent listed all the in-game reasons to concede. The important part of the rule is that there is a reasonable in-game reason for the concession... which leaves the way open for pre-emptive concessions, especially in [B]. While I dont think you should run at the first sign of a DP if you are playing against a stronger team which gets GTR and you lose your apoth on turn one... a pre-emptive concession suddenly looks pretty wise.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2008 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Notice that the rule cunningly leaves open the possibility that they havent listed all the in-game reasons to concede. The important part of the rule is that there is a reasonable in-game reason for the concession... which leaves the way open for pre-emptive concessions, especially in . While I dont think you should run at the first sign of a DP if you are playing against a stronger team which gets GTR and you lose your apoth on turn one... a pre-emptive concession suddenly looks pretty sad and cowardly.

Fixed it for you Silly Smile

Post   Posted: Dec 11, 2008 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
No way.

Yes way.

Quote:
It's pretty obvious from the examples that you're not allowed to concede just because you foresee trouble.

It's pretty obvious from the examples that I've given that you are allowed to concede if, after due deliberation, the administration considers it legitimate. It is fairly subjective and you could very well get a different ruling based purely on which administrator reviews your game.

Quote:
Notice that the rule cunningly leaves open the possibility that they havent listed all the in-game reasons to concede. The important part of the rule is that there is a reasonable in-game reason for the concession... which leaves the way open for pre-emptive concessions, especially in [B]. While I dont think you should run at the first sign of a DP if you are playing against a stronger team which gets GTR and you lose your apoth on turn one... a pre-emptive concession suddenly looks pretty wise.

This. Also, thik of a pre-emptive concession as effectively a forfeit, something you would be able to do in TT. However the client doesn't support this feature with arranged matches, the closest you can get to a forfeit is a turn 1 concession.
 Jump to: