17 coaches online • Server time: 06:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl Variantsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What Skill Should The Witch Take?
+Ag
81%
 81%  [ 120 ]
Leap
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
Total Votes : 148

seanh1986

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2008 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright so my [B] witch elf just skilled...

Already had +ag and block and rolled an 11.

I was very set on 5 ag + leap as an awesome crowd surfer... But 6 Ag is hard to turn down!

So I figured I'd take it to a poll and see what people think!

Pros of 6 Ag:
Very easy dodging and ball pick-ups

Pros of 5 Ag + leap:
More versatility... Easier surfing, etc

Please Discuss Smile
tragedy4you

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2008 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

ag 6 is just cool and adding leap later will be no problem, imagine pass block in addition or something like that.
eagle009

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2008 - 09:20 Reply with quote Back to top

The extra +ag wont come into play that often, but is a game winner when it does. Though I think I dont use it properly.
Ansbach

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2008 - 09:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Not to mention: +ag reduces your chance of dying, leap increases it - and you are 7AV in [B]... Smile
floppeditbackwards

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2008 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

retire him now. save yourself the trauma Very Happy
seanh1986

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2008 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

tragedy4you wrote:
ag 6 is just cool and adding leap later will be no problem, imagine pass block in addition or something like that.

Passblock would make a very nice addition, can u use leap during a passblock phase? I don't see why not, in which case that'd be a very nice 6ag and leap combo.

Ansbach wrote:
Not to mention: +ag reduces your chance of dying, leap increases it - and you are 7AV in [B]... Smile

I woulda thought +ag makes him more of a foul target... 6 Ag rather than 5 ag + leap.
xcver

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2008 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

footballolb16 wrote:
tragedy4you wrote:

Passblock would make a very nice addition, can u use leap during a passblock phase? I don't see why not, in which case that'd be a very nice 6ag and leap combo.

Ansbach wrote:

I woulda thought +ag makes him more of a foul target... 6 Ag rather than 5 ag + leap.

I really don't think AG6 will make her more of a foul target than AG5+Leap...

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2008 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Leap will make her more mobile, being able to leap over opposing players instead of dodging around them is incredibly useful and allows you to roll fewer dice, which is always a good thing. AG6 on the other hand will also make her incredibly difficult to protect from, since she'll dodge into two TZs on 2+, and if your opponent EVER drops the ball she will be able to get it. Also AG6 means 3+ Long Bombs if necessary. On the other hand you will be tempted to dodge more, which means more dicerolls and more failures... And falling down in two TZs will likely mean a foul the next turn.

Leap CAN be used in a PB-action, but it's wise to remember that you can't use rerolls in your opponents turn.

In the end I think I'd still go for +AG, on the simple basis that it's more difficult to roll. But it's your call, obviously.

Leijonet -Winging justice since 6/9-08
xcver

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2008 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Leijonet wrote:
Also AG6 means 3+ Long Bombs if necessary.

Huh? I would think that you still get the -2 modifier for the long bomb with the 1 making it a fumble

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2008 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

AG 6 can come in handy for ball handling in TZ's and passing the ball after. Use a more expendable leaper (who will hopefully get AG 5)
morraywolfymax

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2008 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Pass block is pretty pointless in [B] as no one passes very often! Well I haven't had any elaborate Khemri teams pass against me yet? Smile

I'd go leap!

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2008 - 10:18 Reply with quote Back to top

it's a no-brainer.

+ag.

- Taking up the ball in 2 tz on 2+
- dodging into 2 ts on 2+
- incredible passing
pac

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2008 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

FYI: AG 6 does not improve passing over AG 5.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2008 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder.. 2TZ result in a -1 modifier to the AG-roll. You roll a 2 that is modified to 1. Does the pickup fail due to the modified 1?
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Dec 10, 2008 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

floppeditbackwards wrote:
retire him now. save yourself the trauma Very Happy

Witches generally don't have wee wees. Unless they just plucked them somewhere..