48 coaches online • Server time: 19:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you want to see the GLN return?
Yes, ASAP, the community needs it.
86%
 86%  [ 114 ]
Im neutral to the whole GLN concept.
12%
 12%  [ 16 ]
I see no need for such fripparies. let the GLN rot
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 132

Calthor

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2010 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

So, I have just been reading some old Grotty Little Newspapers, and thought it was a shame they are not being made anymore. Considering there is still a Grotty Little Major and enough discussion on the forums to fill many a newspaper, I was wondering if there was enough interest in reviving the GLN. Clearly, there have been moments in which interest has been voiced, which makes me wonder - what has happened that the GLN has not been revived properly?

Is it a lack of an editor?
Is it a lack of contributors?
Is it a lack of approval from higher-up?

In other words, I am trying to figure out, what would be necessary to pump out a succesful revival of the GLN. With the approaching new Client and the new rules hitting FUMBBL soon, as well as the continued popularity of the blackbox, I feel there are many subjects to discuss. Tactics for Underworld Creepers, Slann and Chaos Pact, if they become available which I believed they will? An article about the nature of Blackbox Majors versus Ranked Majors? The uncoming extra features for League? Fouling under the new rules? A look at 'creative' teambuilding - like the evolution teams or Chaos teams mutating with Two Heads and Extra Arms? An article on meta-groups like the ELF?

In short, I feel the GLN should be revived, and am willing to contribute myself - if needed in the role of an editor. I know I haven't been here long and I am not a high-rated coach or a well-known coach (yet), but I have played my share of this wonderful game and have a good amount of experience in writing and a bit in editting.

PS: Sorry for the necro, but I feel this thread has a right to be revived, and see no need to make a new one when this one already existed.
Brother-Fu

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2010 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

HEAR HEAR!!!

Brother-Fu
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2010 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

id still love to see the GLN revived.... i have an article or two that i started workin on a while back if anyone does take over the running.

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2010 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

The GLN was really cool. But paulhicks supports it so I hate it now Sad

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2010 - 22:24
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I would personally love if it the GLN was taken up again. I, however, do not have the time to do spearhead taking it up again myself. It would be great if someone stepped up to take the head editor job to get it done.

Historically, most issues had problems getting enough content.. Mostly because of people promising to write something and then ending up not submitting anything when it came down to it. But if someone would step up with an intent to revive the GLN, I will as always promise to deliver the admin corner article for it Smile

As a side-note, please do not PM me directly stating you want to become the main editor and instead try to set up a forum thread for this purpose and come up with someone who is both willing to do the job, and who others also have great trust in. Consider it the first job of the editor Razz
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2010 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I vote for PaulHicks as Editor ... then he could foul anyone who promises an article and doesn't follow through.
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2010 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Windex's guide to Lizardmen would be a nice article for example, now it is going deeper and deeper into the forum, and soon only a few will find it.

I would lovely do puzzles for GLN if the editor asked me to.

Yes, come back, GLN!

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2010 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I made a gobo a long time ago to put on the front page. Spend quite some time on it. But will waith to show it in public before the next issue if the editor will have it.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2010 - 23:35
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

i'd do another coaches couch, and maybe something else.

As always the editor needs tro be confident of being able to add the bbcode/links etc to copy others provide.

In the past this has proved a stumbling block.

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2010 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I was gona offer my graphical assistance but since Qaz has expressed his interest in helping there's probably not much point any more.

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2010 - 01:59 Reply with quote Back to top

shades. there can never bee enough grapics. the more people who help, the less burden for those who do
Roseph

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2010 - 04:49 Reply with quote Back to top

So what is it gonna take to revive GLN?? Who is gonna play Apoth?
drbunny

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2010 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to read it but I can see now the Apoth rolling a 1. No incentive to keep it going.
DustBunny

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2010 - 08:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I will contribute a column or a something to it.
And I speak fluent drunk pauly so I can even translate his editorials Very Happy
Diaries of a Fale Ogar could be fun

[13:11] <;@Prinz> i can't ban bunny for being funny
Roseph

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2010 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
I would personally love if it the GLN was taken up again. I, however, do not have the time to do spearhead taking it up again myself. It would be great if someone stepped up to take the head editor job to get it done.

Historically, most issues had problems getting enough content.. Mostly because of people promising to write something and then ending up not submitting anything when it came down to it. But if someone would step up with an intent to revive the GLN, I will as always promise to deliver the admin corner article for it Smile

As a side-note, please do not PM me directly stating you want to become the main editor and instead try to set up a forum thread for this purpose and come up with someone who is both willing to do the job, and who others also have great trust in. Consider it the first job of the editor Razz

Words from the Big Man himself. So now people Im looking for a show of hands of people who would be willing to work on this. I am looking for serious commitments for articles, interviews, tactics viewpoints and graphics. So post up, pm me, catch me in chat. I would love to get enough support to make this fly.
Ro
 Jump to: