58 coaches online • Server time: 23:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post Exempt teamsgoto Post Secret League Old Wo...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
2003 Rules Review
Not Crappy!
28%
 28%  [ 51 ]
Wait and See 'tude.
44%
 44%  [ 81 ]
Crappy!
27%
 27%  [ 49 ]
Total Votes : 181

Mezir

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Well there go the Longbeard skills. Guard, Mighty Blow and... uh... Multiple Block I guess. Maybe Break Tackle. Both so useful on ST 3 players. Give me back my Pro! Twisted Evil

And the Ogre going off the Dwarfs and the Orcs (and Goblins and Halflings) is a good thing. The halflings get [censored] up the ass by there being no on-pitch Take Root though.

Piling On got changed, yay! Having AV 9 means something again!

Wild Animal - meh. Okay so it might not have been a strong enough negative trait before, but now WAs have become... useless. Blocking Machines. Leave them standing and it's like a Really Stupid troll who can't get any assists. Also the minotaur's Horns will be very useful, since half his Blitzes will fail. Bah. A player with this negative trait is not worth 130k, even if he does have ST 5 MA 6 and AG 3.

Hypnotic Gaze has also been nerfed. Okay so it's now on a 2+ regardless of the opponent's Agility - but that's not the point, you won't be able to use it as a cage-buster tactic. No one is going to stand next to you to give you that Hypno Gaze anyway. And you're ST 4, Block instead! You'll take the bugger down on 2 dice, he doesn't have any Tackle Zones when prone either.

I'll wait and see if these changes turn out any good.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Big guy differences now boil down to getting one with physicals (WAs), Refenerate (Troll) or high reliability (Ogre)(of course there are Trees, but there ain't much choice about them Smile). If looking at it like that things are not that bad ... only that Mino's have a close to useless starting skill (horns) now.

-Mnemon
Jugular

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm coming round to the fact that this Rules Review has been a complete flop. The changes to WA are complete rubbish, it's a badly worded change and I didn't see how it was broken in the first place. The change to Pro....why? did anyone think this was a problematic skill? The only change that seems to have been worthwhile was the change to Piling On whether or not it is now counter intuitive it is a more fitting skill to the game IMHO. Having completely ignored the Handicap system i'll still not be bothering to play any Open games. The tweaking of Undead was a waste of time, it'll have pretty much the same effect as cutting the team altogether excepting that tiny number of whiners who really can't live without their undead will continue to play them with their fun halved. I don't see quite why everyone is so bothered about the changes to the "ultra boring to play" Halflings there are surely a long list of other more general omissions from this review. I'll be very interested to read any reasonings they give for these changes. They'd better be bloody good.....
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

130.000 for a 6538 Rat Ogre that cannot move anymore.
make it 3518 and reduce the cost to 80.000 and we talk again....

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Some good things happend and some bad. We will have to wait and see how it works.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Have any of you guys also thought about what happens to the new WA's when they fall over? They have the same chance of a Tree of standing back up. And does this New WA deal with Stuns rolling over too?

Asperon Thorn
Jorowindian

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Why are Ogers removed from Orcs? Dont they share a bloodbound or somthing? Anyway I think most new changes were good but that one was not!
dinaturz

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

what I find very bad is how the halflings were treated. They have no ogres anymore and the changes for take roots are just a "work in progress".

not fair at all... Sad

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Will teams that no longer follow the rules be revised, i.e. orc teams with ogres?
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Since mydwarves still have an Ogre, I'm massuming that they are "grandfathered"
Clementus

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 18:54 Reply with quote Back to top

aye, will stay with teams but cant be replaced, so my flings with two ogres will keep ogres, but cant be replaced. etc.

Flings Rule!
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 19:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Piling on + mighty blow will still give you 65% chance of breaking armour on AV 8. Pretty decent.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I read the changes from the official site of Bloodbowl and even if i can say i agree on most changes, i really disagree on two of them.

First, Wild animal. I hope that the conceptors of the skills consider a blitz like a block for this case. Otherwise, it will be a total waste to have one in your team. Bashy teams will knock them, then it's over and AG teams will just get away from him. If you can blitz with them, then Minos will still uses their horns and they will be able to stand up from prone (here comes the strategy, do you want to waste your blitz to be sure to make your big guy stand up ?) I just hope they will make it clear in a new FAQ...

My other complain is about Hypnotic gaze. No one seem to notice how useless it became. The whole point of HG before was because it was a free action. If at least you could still move and doint it... but no you must stand still and do it on someone you could block. Why would you want to hypnotize him when you could block him ? And if you can't block him, then why would you want to stay there to get smashed ? I mean, the whole point of this skill was to remove the tackle zone of someone who protect the ball carrier.

I agree that it was too strong and needed to be nerfed. Just make it that when you do it, it ends this player's move. You'll still be able to use it without the abuse it had before. You'll still be abl eto use it break a cage, but you won't be able to use it before a block or a dodge. Right now, even fairies won't use it... Sad
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Rules changes look fine to me. Interesting to see if "blitz" will be determined to be a "block" action. If not, fire your minos and r.o.!

Piling on: whats funny is you will see a proliferation of str 3 PO players imho.

Khemri: Khemri are fun to play and be competitive. I'm a pretty mediocre coach but my Khemri team is extremely tough to beat. I say welcome to open baby.

Undead: Just happy to see em stay.

Necro: Who cares Smile

Big Guy Changes: the pro as a trait thing is uber gay. I always thought pro was to reflect a veteren players competence, not an inborn ability.

Last question: how the hell did this take them so long? Wink Looks like something they could have scrubbed together over a beer and chips.

Cheers

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2003 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

People fail to understand that rat ogres just got a lot better. They are no longer susceptible to WA traps, can get assists and as they have prehensile tail people won't be dodging away from them. Except for the AV they are probably the best big guy around now since ogres can't get pro to negate bonehead as easily.

Minos are really crappy now though and their cost should be lowered.

I really think WA should have been changed to "if you choose an action other then a block you need to roll 2+, if you fail this roll the WA will attack the closest player (randomize if there are more then one)". This would have a lot more finess to it and make more sense, a WA should be a hazard to it's own team.

I like the change to pro as this makes skill advancement for big guys more interesting. Up until now the only use big guys had for doubles was to get stand firm and that isn't as good as guard, block, tackle or pro anyway. It keeps big guys unreliable as they should be too.
 Jump to: