92 coaches online • Server time: 20:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post SWL Season 100!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Verbalcody

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Starting a table top league and we have 5 new players ordering teams and older players getting ready

I notice on Fumbbl Chaos can use ogres, but not in LRB5? The problem is Games Workshop does not sell Minotaurs.. so can they use Ogres still? or where can we buy Minotaurs??

Also they don't sell Rat Ogres either...and they're in LRB5. Who writes LRB5 anyway haha?

Is it worth to have a skaven team without one... or where can you purchase one? The only blood bowl minis sites i see are in the UK

Any advice and advisement is helpful
Chrome_ghoul

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I can never get the GW website to work, but if you can't get what you want there eBay is your friend. And If you want to use different rules in your TT league, it's up to you. Play however you want to.
Verbalcody

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah... Ebay is a no for us... either the prices are bloated beyond reason or its in the UK!
PhrollikK

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I think GW discontinued the BB line, making them only available through mail order.

There are several alternatives. Check other figure manufacturers for alternatives, like Impact! OR try and convert existing Warhammer Fantasy figures (or indeed from other manufacturers). It's usually an easy weapon chop off or somesuch.

UberEvil

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Buy Ratogres from the Skaven Fantasy range. There you can also fins Thanquol and his Rat ogre. Trolls and Minos can be found in Beasts of Chaos. Needs some fairly light conversion to remove the weapons, but should not be too bad. Especially since it's only one guy and conversions are fun!

EDIT: Doh... PhrollikK beat me to it
Verbalcody

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Impact is in the UK is it not? any retailers in the US or Canada? im all ears!
Verbalcody

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks guys!
Grin

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 21:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Mail order has Minotaurs:

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat1491369&rootCatGameStyle=

But does somebody know where to get the orc using a chain saw?
avien

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 21:37 Reply with quote Back to top

You can buy Skullsplitter from GW, he's a rat ogre.

I just bought a brand new bloodbowl game from a UK shop called maelstroem off ebay and saved 20E or so, pleased with that. I live in Norway, but the postage was still free (this is mainly where I saved the money, since GW charge a lot of money to mail stuff over here). I guess my point is that ebay can work outside the UK. Smile

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

The easiest and simplest solution is looking into GW's warhammer line for your players and buying a round bases set to base your minis (7,5 euroes where I live). Minotaurs come from chaos range, Rat ogres from the skaven range and Ogres from the ogre kingdoms range. Trolls are in the orc range etc. Chaos dwarves may be hard to come by except from mail order.

Of course you have to saw off any non-bloodbowly weapons & armor. We built up this LRB5 ogre team + snotling versions of all the goblin secret weapons entirely of 1 Ogre bulls regiment + 1 Snotling base blister + 1 round bases set:

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee72/Tanan_bucket/Blood%20Bowl/zanu_team2.jpg
SillySod

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd try http://www.bbfigs.com because they stock individual figures so you can actually buy the team that you want. They stock alot of the GW figures for the same price as GW do. The problem with alot of GW stuff at the moment is you end up having to buy so many of the team packs to get enough blitzers/catchers/linemen that you end up with four bull centaurs or six throwers or something ridiculous. Apart from that I'd try looking at some of the other fantasy football miniatures that are available.... shadowforge, heresy, and impact all sell good models.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Grin

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Do somebody know where I can get Ugroth Ripper Bolgrot, the 2nd edition orc with a chain saw?
 Jump to: