34 coaches online • Server time: 09:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you like to see the Night Goblin Squig Herder team in stunty?
Yes! The sooner the better!
64%
 64%  [ 34 ]
No! I'll tell you why below.
26%
 26%  [ 14 ]
I am a git with no sense of fun and Stunty Leeg offends me.
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 53

Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2003 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

cataphract wrote:
you're also giving 2 AG 4, Str 4 that can move 10 squares! I now OFAB and Bonehead, but the can use re-rolls!

Don't forget, not only do those 2 players have a penalty roll, but if you get that far ahead of regular gobbos the OFAB is going to bite you in the ass.

The Finishing Touch
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2003 - 07:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree... however, I do believe that some form of Fanaticity should be there...

Z
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2003 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey Klipp, have you tried playing this team in a few stand alone games against other stunty teams?

Surely that kind of info would come in handy in a big way as for play balance...
Hecropolix

Post 14 Posted: Nov 28, 2003 - 10:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted Yes! The sooner the better! but i think they definetly need fanatic. Overwise it would be like having norse without frenzy or fings without chefs.
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2003 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer the other roster just for the fanatics an Doom Diver Catapult, Goblins need TTM IMO.

Also where can I get those icons?,It'd help with testing this and the other roster.

Thanks

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2003 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

http://nkelsch.planet3k.com/images/nightgoblinprodder2.gif

just do a rightclick on the icons and click on properties

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2003 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I've saved them into the icons folder and adjusted the icons.ini but they dont show up,any Ideas?
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2003 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

That guest was me by the way

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2003 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I greatly prefer this team to the other team being proposed...

actually i still like my first roster best Smile

but this is better than the other.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2003 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Just why the hell do i see RSF in all roosters now? U know, i think those squigs should have claw, mightyblow, RSC, OFAB, verystupid, WA, and a partridge in a peer tree....

And i wonder why WA is not on the rooster now? cuz of the changes? that in not very theme-ish ... all those post about squigs made sense being WA just werent important enough to make them in the new rules ??? ...

bah
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2003 - 01:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Corneto25 wrote:
Just why the hell do i see RSF in all roosters now?

Can't help you with your mutant chicken problem.

Corneto25 wrote:

And i wonder why WA is not on the rooster now? cuz of the changes? that in not very theme-ish

Really stupid and OFAB make more sense for the squigs then WA would. With OFAB and RS you have a good feel of the goblins herding the squigs along and sometimes getting a bite taken out of them for their trouble. I think it is a very good and characterfull way of representing them.

The Finishing Touch
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2003 - 03:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Twahn wrote:
Mr-Klipp wrote:
I understand what you are saying, if I could make it use ag4 for the squgs rolls and ag3 for the gobbos that would be great, but as it we have to do the best to represent what we want in the rules available.

ST 4 AG 3 w/ Break Tackle is a better compromise I feel. Sure they only get limited dodginess but maybe it ain't so easy to keep up the dodges with that damnable Gobbo riding you...

IF BT could be used for leap, I'd agree with you. As it is, I think dropping them to ag 3 might kill the bouncy hopping crazyness of the list.

The Finishing Touch
cataphract

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2003 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I've plyed 2 stand alone games with this list with my bro (once against chaos flings and once against cheaters), both times the 2 squig hoppers pretty much out played the other team in it's entirety. AG4 St 4 and able to gfi 4 times. even when ofab or RS hits you can re-roll it or you're close enough to score so the OFAB doesn't matter. The hoppers have to go, they are far too powerful IMO... and night goblins need fanatics!

edit

I just noticed you're giving them access to General and Agility skills! so they can be Bloodgers too??? so now they're boneheaded vampires who can GFI 4 times and leap

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2003 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a small remark, but did anybody test the roster at TR 150 or higher? I would like to know how strong block/tackle(/dodge) Squigs are, if it'll be to easy for them to leap over any defensline (they can leap several times with a Pogo) and blitz a ballcarrier for 2d.
Twahn

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2003 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr-Klipp wrote:
IF BT could be used for leap, I'd agree with you. As it is, I think dropping them to ag 3 might kill the bouncy hopping crazyness of the list.

Maybe it ain't so easy to leap that high with a Gob riding you either? They're still as leapy as a Gob pogo with 3 AG...
 Jump to: