27 coaches online • Server time: 09:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Roster Tiersgoto Post Gnomes FTW! (Replays...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you like to see the Night Goblin Squig Herder team in stunty?
Yes! The sooner the better!
64%
 64%  [ 34 ]
No! I'll tell you why below.
26%
 26%  [ 14 ]
I am a git with no sense of fun and Stunty Leeg offends me.
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 53

Zhluhur

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2003 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Hoppers with AG3 are better I think. Give them stunty to maybe.

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2003 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Dunno if this is possible but could you not run a mini tournament to try out this roster?

If all the people who posted are interested you could easily get 8 people online at the same time and run it like an IST.

You'd need to arrange it so you get a good mix of teams and obviously you wouldn't upload the results.

Feel free to tell me how bad and inpracticle an idea this is, just thought it would be a good way for everyone to see how balanced the roster is?

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2003 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Dunno if this is possible but could you not run a mini tournament to try out this roster?

sounds like a great idea to me! Smile you can count me in as long as it is held before wednesday as im going home for xmas hols to rainy ireland and we dont have the luxury of broadband at our house! i reckon a league would be better tho as it gives indication of team development and how teams perform at higher TR's. you would also have a chance to play all races this way. the only drawback is that it would take time so in the short term an IST would be the best plan!

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2003 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone Else?

It should be noted that I have no idea about running a tournament so someone else needs to do the hard work.
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2003 - 12:48 Reply with quote Back to top

depends on the time the turnament is set, maybe I have time.

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2003 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

A thought: the team seems to be very much all or nothing. It will maul the enemy horribly, or be destroyed very quickly. In the long run, they'll probably pay for their horrible killing power since they take alot of losses and have very little staying power, but in the short run they'll be able to retire a few teams before all their militant fungi gets splattered.

How about giving them 3 squig hoppers, but no unridden squigs? This reduces the sheer number of casualties they can throw out, but improves their ball playing and scoring quite a bit(making up for the lack of TTM play).
Perhaps add netters and clubbers as well, 0-2 of each? Netters could have tentacles or tackle(representing them using nets to prevent opponents to dodge away), clubbers could have mighty blow or dirty player(whacking people when they're down, which is(fluffwise) what clubbers do). This would add some variety, it sticks to the squig handlers theme, and is much less devastating than free ranging fanged fungoids. Penalty rolls might have to be worked out for netters and clubbers, though?
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Dec 22, 2003 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm liking clubbers, but I think majority rules and I'd just like to see some form of Night Goblins in Stunty. I love the little buggers and their little squigs too!