20 coaches online • Server time: 02:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
westerner

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2009 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

In [R], the difference between 147 and 150 CR gets you from the 18th to the 45th percentile of coaches.

It's weird that you could play .500 ball for 11 games and find yourself with that low of a CR.

Treborius 140BWR would put him at the 3rd percentile of coaches in [R]. I think it's very unlikely that his win/draw/loss record explains his BWR, even assuming very unfortuitous scoring matches.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2009 - 00:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Write out all of the matches and compare the TS after handicaps of each. Also why do you say 11 counted? I see a lot more than 11 matches played. The only ones to count are beyond the first 4 of a team and just the wins and losses.
treborius

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2009 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

yep, 'lowest i've ever been in R is something between 145 and 150, i believe - that was when i just signed up on fumbbl...

...to me, being sub-140 seems to be related to playing more than 75% of my B-games with my ogres - they only got a 24/19/35 (78 games) record, but i don't think that's sufficiently bad to get to the sub-140 region.

...since they're giving away at least 2 HCs / game on avg. i suspect that HCs are considered in the TS-matching-algorithm (with 5 TS / HC), but not in the BWR-update-algorithm.

...assuming i got even match-ups on avg. that would be like playing down at least 10 TS (2 HCs) on avg. each match. (same principle applies to my orc who have been stacking lots of gold until recently so giving away quite a few HCs on avg. as well).

...i don't mind that much (if i did, i wouldn't be playing ogres at all Wink ), but i think something is flawed with the current BWR Sad
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2009 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Lithuran wrote:

On a more speculative note, higher TS teams should have higher BWR coaches, and wins should be worth more there.
(also pointing out that 0RR teams suck)

dude... whats wrong with you.. just play normal and it will work out.. seriously

and to the others... how do you know wich games are counted and wich are not? from what i can tell its almost impossible to figure that out... even if you would look trough all his matchups you couldnt possibly know how much games the other team has played...

now about your stats... since you are all blabbering about it I actually opend every single matchup, checked the opponent out and looked after how much games you played him... (i know its a hell lot of a waste of time but i want this mistery to be solved)
so here thats the result the games counted bilance is:
3/1/7
now that maybe doesnt look THAT bad
but you guys shouldnt forget that CR and probably BR is based on the former games you played... so sooner games count more then older games.. this is because coaches might actually be getinng better or worse Wink

so just to make it clear how bad this stat is ill show you how it really looks like starting by his latest counted game (so left side counts most, right side counts almost nothing)
1= he lost
2= tie
3= he won

1 1 2 1 3 1 1 1 3 1 3

edit: sry some slight mistakes... now its correct
funnyfingers

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2009 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Admit it BWR is just weighted in SillySod's favor. No matter what you do you just can't compete Smile
Lithuran

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2009 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Lithuran wrote:

On a more speculative note, higher TS teams should have higher BWR coaches, and wins should be worth more there.
(also pointing out that 0RR teams suck)

dude... whats wrong with you.. just play normal and it will work out.. seriously

and to the others... how do you know wich games are counted and wich are not? from what i can tell its almost impossible to figure that out... even if you would look trough all his matchups you couldnt possibly know how much games the other team has played...

now about your stats... since you are all blabbering about it I actually opend every single matchup, checked the opponent out and looked after how much games you played him... (i know its a hell lot of a waste of time but i want this mistery to be solved)
so here thats the result the games counted bilance is:
3/1/7
now that maybe doesnt look THAT bad
but you guys shouldnt forget that CR and probably BR is based on the former games you played... so sooner games count more then older games.. this is because coaches might actually be getinng better or worse Wink

so just to make it clear how bad this stat is ill show you how it really looks like starting by his latest counted game (so left side counts most, right side counts almost nothing)
1= he lost
2= tie
3= he won

1 1 2 1 3 1 1 1 3 1 3

edit: sry some slight mistakes... now its correct

3/1/7 ? I thought I could count better then that.
Ill recheck.
odi

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2009 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

And I think the racial factor was also included in the CR/BR calculations, so playing those CD within TS 110-130 will require you to win a lot more than just 50% of your games. I could be mistaken about this, but I kinda remember the racial factor being included. About 25 of your first games were within that range. The percentages dont really come that much down in the next range TS 130-150 either. And at 150-170 they are on the top of the list.
Tathar

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2009 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

westerner wrote:
Ok, assuming the 5/1/5 figures are accurate, I still think a drop from 150 to 147 BWR over just 11 games is quite surprising.

Treborius example is even more stark. Sub 140CR with a TD differential that is virtually even.

I just looked up his last 21 matches. Back up to Blackswamp Stalkers. I scored his record from there as:

W 1
D 1
L 6

The trend I've seen so far is that he wins vs newish teams and loses to more established ones. So I think SillySod is right.

Edit: Ok, I looked through the rest and figure the record is W5, D1, L9. So the 5,1,5 record may be accurate at time of posting (also I may have made mistakes in getting to my figures). These are the wins I found:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=2546212
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=2539624
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=2535449
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=2525205
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=2522284

Maybe the BWR of his opponents is also a contributory factor?

Last edited by Tathar on %b %24, %2009 - %10:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2009 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

mmm yes the 4 first games probably doesn't count. Makes sense and explains a lot.

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2009 - 10:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I came up with 4/1/8

So maybe I was wrong.

I'm just gonna keep track of my BWR matches. In a few games we should know for sure.
treborius

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2009 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Tathar wrote:
Maybe the BWR of his opponents is also a contributory factor?

of course it is (i hope Wink ).

it's always been like that for CR - i might be not fully up-to-date on the latest Box-changes, but i would assume BWR to be calculated along the lines of CR.

when looking at the link provided above the CR (BWR?) of a coache's opponent is in the term dR Wink.

so really: when trying to reproduce the CR (BWR?) of a coach you need to start from the very beginning and calculate that coache's CR (BWR?) before a match and also his opponent's CR (BWR?) before that match to calculate the change in CR (BWR?) that's being applied after the match.
Hogshine

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2009 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

funnyfingers wrote:
Admit it BWR is just weighted in SillySod's favor. No matter what you do you just can't compete Smile

QFT

He doesn't even play in this division anymore and he's still on top... Very Happy
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2009 - 01:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Tathar wrote:

2. http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=2539624

4. http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=2525205

hmm yes.... i didnt count the second game because it wasnt made when i calculated the results....

the fourth game was hmm... i guess i kinda overlooked it since it was 104/90 and i just guessed it cant be a team with more then four games... sry... my lazyness

...but im pretty sure with your new win your BR is already better again, Lithur...
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2009 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

ok I just want to confirm that my second game with my chaos counted. And I checked for the first one and it didn't.

So, either:
-Christer fixed the formula in between (unlikely)
-The first game only doesn't count (well...)
-I am blind (maybe)

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2009 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

win moar games

Jump to: