47 coaches online • Server time: 14:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Pact/Renegades metagoto Post custom pitch per tea...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MixX

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2009 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been working on an online tactics-applet for Blood Bowl, to assist in making and sharing "plays", defensive setups or perhaps interesting situations to come up between games!

It's located at http://www.play-creator.com

It's (naturally!) 100% free, and requires no software installed (except for the Flash Player, but I can't imagine anyone not having that).

It also interfaces with phpBB boards, so you can share your play with other coaches without having to bother with screen-shots, uploading and such hassle.

A quick overview:
[url=http://www.play-creator.com/pc-ad01.jpg]Image[/url]

And a closer look at the main screen:
[url=http://www.play-creator.com/pc-ad02.jpg]Image[/url]
(downsized for filesize reasons)

Cyanide (makers of the upcoming Blood Bowl PC game) have adopted it into their board, so you can see the phpBB integration by going here: http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=308

Last edited by MixX on %b %27, %2009 - %22:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
MixX

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2009 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I also posted a tutorial showing the basics of play creation, at http://www.play-creator.com/help
kloudfire

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2009 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

This looks super handy to any bloodbowl player! I hope some of the better coaches start using is so it can be used consistantly
Istarios

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2009 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for this easy to use tool. I can see myself using it to both share tactics and create puzzles for people here on Fumbbl and in my TT league. It looks great, although I have a few questions and ideas. Is there a way to create several pages within a play, so that you can show how players will move during 1 or more turns? (Slideshow?) Maybe add a feature that will draw a players path when you drag him from square to square? It would be nice if players stats, name and jersey number were displayed when you scroll over them in the player selector box. I'll play around with it a bit more and return with more comments later. Smile

EDIT: It would be nice to have the numbers from 1-16 to place on the field to show a series of events. (Like the order in which to make blocks etc.)
lordchaos

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2009 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

That is pretty cool. Don't know how many times I actually drew out a board on paper and thought up plays. Good on.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2009 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow this tool is excellent! Great job Smile

BloodBowlNutter

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2009 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Really really good! Thanks you for the great program
OzzyOrc

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2009 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

This is great! I think it'll change the way new players learn to play Bloodbowl and help some of the poorer more experienced players (like myself) improve our game. Thanks a lot and keep up the good work.
MixX

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2009 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the replies everyone, pleased it has gotten such a nice reception!

Istarios wrote:
Is there a way to create several pages within a play, so that you can show how players will move during 1 or more turns? (Slideshow?)

While it wouldn't be impossible to code this, I'm not inclined to add it at this point - but I am planning to add an option to "copy" a play, which means you could copy a play, then change it to match "the next step".

Istarios wrote:
Maybe add a feature that will draw a players path when you drag him from square to square?

There is an option to place a player's path yourself, inside the Balls & Dice menu (not very aptly named, I admit).

Istarios wrote:
It would be nice if players stats, name and jersey number were displayed when you scroll over them in the player selector box.

I see your point - it's a relatively small change, so I will consider adding it.

Istarios wrote:
It would be nice to have the numbers from 1-16 to place on the field to show a series of events. (Like the order in which to make blocks etc.)

Like above, I will consider adding it. The trouble is I'd need to change the way the placeable symbols work if I do add this, as I'm not going to add a button for each number from 1 to 16 (would take up too much interface space). It's likely not right around the corner I'm afraid.

But thanks for all your suggestions Istarios!

OzzyOrc wrote:
This is great! I think it'll change the way new players learn to play Bloodbowl and help some of the poorer more experienced players (like myself) improve our game. Thanks a lot and keep up the good work.

That's certainly how I hope it'll go Smile
reality

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2009 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

i would love to see a play on how to do a one turner with a ghoul.

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2009 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

for MA7 check here:
http://fumbbl.com/help:SkavenOTT

Hogshine

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2009 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

For ma6, check out Forrest_Gump's blog Smile
Optihut

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2009 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

The screenshots look pretty cool! Unfortunately I'm more of a forum person these days, so I probably won't give it a spin, even though it looks very very nice.
MixX

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2009 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut wrote:
The screenshots look pretty cool! Unfortunately I'm more of a forum person these days, so I probably won't give it a spin, even though it looks very very nice.

It integrates with forums for easy sharing of plays though... example:http://www.cyanide-studio.com/forumBB/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=308
BlackBart

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2009 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome job! I will be abusing... er using this right away Smile