82 coaches online • Server time: 21:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Gnones vs Old Gn...goto Post Custom Icon, Portrai...goto Post All Star Bowl!
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Zombie69

Post   Posted: May 08, 2009 - 05:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Dark elves eliminated. Only 1 human team now stands in front of the 5 chaos dwarf teams and 5 dwarf teams!
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: May 08, 2009 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

My guess is that the humans will be out too - the latest after the 3rd round. This game they might manage using Zug, but the next game against CDs with Hthark and with a ST4 blodging hobgob - I don`t think so.
Zombie69

Post   Posted: May 08, 2009 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

My CDs probably won't be fielding Hthark. They need to save for a much tougher game right after that. But i don't think the humans will make it through their 2nd round game. Of course, i'd like them to! We'll see if their coach can prove me wrong!
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: May 09, 2009 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends on the winnings. Enough for a good human star might force you to hire.
Archevol

Post   Posted: May 09, 2009 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

The Flamestone Titans matched up against Vicius’s ‘sexy ogres in kokos islands II’ for their second-round TR175 matchup....

The players swarmed round Greebo in the team changing room in the Nuln Black Powder stadium, ten minutes before running onto the pitch.

Team captain Snorri Darklight leant forwards, somehow seeming to loom over the much taller hobgoblin, despite only being tall enough to reach his chin.

'So let me get this right. It's a cup game; we're facing ogres and your knee is feeling too sore to play?'

Ominous rumbling noises came from the other players, particularly troll Mortex, who'd been kept on a strict no-hobgoblin diet for weeks ahead of the match.

Greebo gulped. 'S'right boss! I'm not kidding! If I could bend me stomping leg, I'd be swarming all over 'em like mice looking fer cheese!'

Only the sound of the ref banging on the door saved Greebo from his team-mates, coach Archevol coming in to give them a last pep talk before the game. Darklight leveled one meaty finger at his 'special team' player, rage burning in his red eyes.

'We'll be having a chat later, stunty. You better be brokking sicker than elves in striped pantyhose...'

The rain hammered down as the dwarves hit the field in Nuln. Facing nine ogres in the rain with no dirty tricks prepared was going to be tough...
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: May 10, 2009 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Well.. you made it. A blitz and aweful luck on the ogre`s side have helped for sure. Though I only watched the first 5 turns.

Grats for reaching round 3. That chaos looks doable, though you might want to think about booting a 6th dorf. So I guess we`ll see you 2nd division (at least) next event?
Archevol

Post   Posted: May 10, 2009 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

From the off it looked pretty bleak for the dwarves. Lashing rain and my DP niggled out for the game, I was concerned that I couldn't safely sprint my bull centaurs away from the ogres.

Overall, there were only two failed blocks from the ogres all match (as in ogres falling over from their own blocks) but a ton of bonehead. Both sides failed on the damage all game, apart from my hobgoblin failing a rerolled dodge and SI-ing himself...

Was totally saved by a failed TD gfi in the rain at the end of the turn 8, but that was only after a dwarf failed to catch an accurate pass with RR to run away from the ogres to make it 1-0 to the Titans. I didn't even get the ball past the line of scrimmage, as it happens.

However, the second half was all about the blitz. It allowed me to pin the ogres back in their half. After a real tussle, the ball was left in open play after I knocked over a gobbo. A dodge and a pickup later, I ended up one square from the ogres TD zone.

Once again the rain came to my rescue, as the one ogre in range for a blitz, although succeeding bonehead, a dodge and 1 gfi, failed with a RR on the second, leaving me to wander in for 1-0 win.

Many thanks to vicius, who took the enormous bonehead tally in his stride. I certainly think taking break tackle for all his players is a great idea. I was fretting about multi-tackle zone 2+ dodges all game. Cool
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: May 13, 2009 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Zombie69 wrote:
My CDs probably won't be fielding Hthark. They need to save for a much tougher game right after that. But i don't think the humans will make it through their 2nd round game. Of course, i'd like them to! We'll see if their coach can prove me wrong!

I told you, that the humans would pull through. Though not with a star, but with a wiz. Didn`t see a whole lot of the match, but enough to know that the wiz gave the humans a defense TD and they recieved for the 2nd half leading 1-0.
Archevol

Post   Posted: May 13, 2009 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Snow Worshippers vs Flamestone Titans: TR175 Round 3 Tourney match report:

A tight match that was much fun to play, after rubbish days for both of us.

The first half went the way of the chaos dwarves, with a first turn BH and a KO from the scrimmage leaving the chaos team outnumbered. However, they were still able to put pressure on ballcarrier Boxi Runner, who was forced to score on turn 7. This left two turns for the chaos team to cause some damage. However, as it was for pretty much the entire game, the 3-claw horror squad failed to do any harm.

The second half saw a much improved performance from the Snow Worshippers and some pretty poor tactics from me (it was 2 in the morning!). Things came to a head when Sheldon Jr broke away from markers to scamper through the gap left by a 1-dice failed blitz (with reroll also coming up skull). He handed off to McUnlucky, leaving chaos team in prime position to equalise.

The Titans received the the kickoff in overtime. However, with both sides failing utterly to do any damage, and no rerolls, it was left to Boxi Runner to make a break for the endzone, hotly pursued by a bloodthirsty beastman, who dodged away from blockers and tackled the hobgoblin next to the sideline.

The Titans recovered the ball, only to lose it again following another successful dodge and blitz. The subsequent bounce into the crowd threw the ball over the other side of the field, in a gap surrounded by four chaos players.

Up against it, the Titans desperately tried to recover the ball, managing to put two tacklezones on it, and spreading back to defend. However, some deft blocking freed the ball. With time running out, a beastman picked up the ball and dashed for the Titans' endzone - only to fail the second of three required sprints (over two turns) to take the win.

The fickle finger of fate favoured the Titans, who went through to the next round via cointoss.
Zombie69

Post   Posted: May 13, 2009 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
Zombie69 wrote:

I told you, that the humans would pull through. Though not with a star, but with a wiz. Didn`t see a whole lot of the match, but enough to know that the wiz gave the humans a defense TD and they recieved for the 2nd half leading 1-0.

Indeed. I think hiring a wizard was a good move, and gave them a better chance than an additional ST5 player. Now we know that they'll hire a wizard against me too, so let's see if i can hold on!
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: May 14, 2009 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

2009, May 14th:

Second round finished, with nearly all matches being played. Only coach Fejd refused to participate and was kicked from the tourney. This is of importance, as it let coach reroller surpass Azure to take the #2 spot. Though he is in trouble now, with a still injured team devoid of his two most exprienced blockers up against neophyte and his dwarven tribute to 'Denny Crane'. I guess alot on this matchup will depend on the way, reroller will spend those 70k. With blunderbuss and a booted hobgob, they could overcome the dwarves - that is if they are not hiring grim. I`d say Grim will be the decisive factor. My prediction: Dwarves advance if hiring.
Same branch of the first division sees me vs coach spubbbba and his chaosdwarves. Well.. it`s always hard to predict matches you are involved in, but I think I should be able to pull through here. Spubbba`s main bull and main ball handler are niggled, the AG4 hobgob has AV6 in addition and the team lacks guard. The cash might shake things up abit, but as Hthark is out of reach... my prediction: Dwarves advance

On the other side of the primera division team 'Nice Try' - the only non-dwarves left in the tourney - advanced in an upset against 'Snow White and Six Chaos Dwarf'. Just to face another ChaosDwarf team - this time coached by Zombie69. Though the team is lacking good dwarven blocker compared to the Snow-White-gang, the power of a ST4 blodging hobgob might be a tough nut to crack for the humans that are missing their only guard apart from the ogre. I guess again alot will depend on the wizard, but my prediction stands: ChaosDwarves advance - especially if they should hire a wiz, too.
That leaves us with the dwaven mirror match - the top-match of this round I`d say. PigStar-69, reknown as top notch coach is meeting GeneralMarauder, the current leader of the scoreboard. Will the current champion be stopped? The 'Grim Greatbeards' feature the typical dwarven strenghts with alot of guard and MB, have an awesome ST4 sidestepping guard blitzer and an AG4 runner for ballhandling and even passing play. On the downside the is no DP and with less FF than their opponents GTR could prove fatal. Their opponents, the 'Mighty midgets of war' have a beneficial teamstructure of some well skilled players and some fodder. Against a DP-less teams this is to be prefered. The own DP might be crucial in gaining numerical superiority - a key to success in every dwarven fight. Yet the midgets lack in guard and mighty blow compared to their opponents. This will be a tough match, that I see decided - once again - by grim. GeneralMarauder can hire, which can very well be the key of pulling through. My prediction: Grim Greatbeards advance.

Looking at the second division, the bashy bias of this TR range is shining through. Though here it`s not the dwarven teams dominating, but the regeneration. The round of the final 8 consisted of three Khemri, two undead and one of necromatics, Nurgle Rotters and orcs. All less bashy races have been eliminated already - and there were multiple amazon, human, elven and lizzie-teams to start with.

Don`t forget: Next week, applications for the fourth tour event will open. So get your TR125 team ready to rock and apply - the tour is far from decided. PhoenixxX, RC and shusaku have already claimed a sure spot in the first division - there will be quite a few newcomers among the top 10 after this event. So stay tuned.
RC

Post   Posted: May 14, 2009 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach RC will play coach kn00b tomorrow at 21.00.

Lets hope that the claw, rsc beast decides that he want no part of the game... sometimes I love ageing Smile

Last edited by RC on %b %14, %2009 - %15:%May; edited 1 time in total
propuppetmaster

Post   Posted: May 14, 2009 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

i skimmed through the teams as of now that have pitched shut outs and there are only a handful of teams and a lot of them are in FUMBBL Tour 2009 III-1 TR175....
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=541685
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=547865
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=504963
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=425135
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=394971
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=488405
we also have this team that won a coin flip, which is techinically a shut ut, lol.
Do the winners of each group play each other? Eg. (tour III-4 winner vs. tour III-3 winner), (tour III-2 winner vs tour III-1 winner)
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: May 14, 2009 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

No, the winners of each group don`t play each other right away. However, as the winner gets a massive amount of points, they will be for sure put into the first group for the next event.
propuppetmaster

Post   Posted: May 14, 2009 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

ohhhhhhhhhh so thats why there are so many good teams in there. And my sucky butt is way down in tour 111-4 (= hehehe
 Jump to: