34 coaches online • Server time: 11:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
How do/would you foul in LRB5?
See that lineman on the ground? He is so dead..
18%
 18%  [ 18 ]
Aww poor 120 SPP elf, let me help you up repeatedly with a group of 5 people and tire irons
72%
 72%  [ 70 ]
Oh heavens to betsy, how dare you be so blood thirsty! Can't we all just get along...?
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
Risk not worth Rewards (Can't think of a better way to say this one..)
6%
 6%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 97

Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2009 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I foul much less in LRB5 than in LRB4. I mostly foul when there is a prone player on the spot i want to place my cage on, moving in the cage with lots of assists then putting the boot in. In that case, stunned is what i need for it to be worth.

I have also fouled with my elves for survival, to remove nasty nurgle opponents off the pitch can be the difference of life or death.

I rarely foul with my nurgle-team, as i have a strong first 11 and don't want to risk anyone to get sent off, the claws and mighty blow does the job anyway of removing people.

What i have seen from SN and DP is that i don't really think it is worth it. one normal and one double wasted on a fouling player means a human lineman is worth 100k, thats a lot. The teams that it is worth most to foul with is the stunty-teams imo as those have cheap players so you can have a deep bench. Nurgle and the undead teams could be good to foul with to, as they also have cheap players.
SeraphimRed

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2009 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

RamonSalazar wrote:

Well, and no more ,,dont foul back to not being fouled'' tactics for sissy coaches. Every coach must learn how to foul wisely in LRB5. Oh, and more fouls will cause more blood, even more than in LRB4. Wink

Bit of a contradiction there.
But like you said, no more tactics for "sissy" coaches.

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

Calcium

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2009 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Foul....just do it!

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2009 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the incentive NOT to foul has been removed. NOT fouling in LRB 4.0 limits your opponent to 1 foul each half without IGMEOY. In LRB 5.0, you may as well foul as much as possible, because your opponent will foul you just as much in any case.

Oscar Wilde
Elvis_Maximus

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2009 - 22:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Well the incentive NOT to foul has been removed. NOT fouling in LRB 4.0 limits your opponent to 1 foul each half without IGMEOY. In LRB 5.0, you may as well foul as much as possible, because your opponent will foul you just as much in any case.

Hmm.. I never really thought of it that way. I could almost pity the high elves I'm playing on Wednesday, but they're elves so really they have it coming. AMIRITE?!? Cool

EDIT:
Calcium wrote:
Foul....just do it!

Now that's a convincing argument!
Carnis

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2009 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

In our league most players have opted never to foul, except for tactical reasons for cage positioning etc. since the new rules give you a negative CAS:eject rate. (At best you can get 1,1 knockouts + 0,97 casualties for one ejected player with Sneaky/Dirty). MB/claw and MB/Piling on are mathematically more efficient, with no risk of ejection. Our goblin player fouls quite a lot, due to the cheaper bribes. But even goblins are worse foulers now that the pogostick lost it's dirty player & secret weapon skills in LRB 5+ experimental.

LRB5.0 fouling seems like something meant for teams with cheap linemen (Ie, khemri/undead/nurgle/vampire etc) who can get DP with g-access and then use bribes to counteract the possible turnover/ejection for doubles. The bribes can also be replaced with just having more extra players on the bench, but if you're both at 16 to begin with then your bribes will probably make a difference.

Generally I would say no fouling for elves, unless you have a DP, in which case you need to use him to remove key killer players. I wouldn't go Sneaky git/Dp either, that's a 110k elf lineman and sneaky git only works if your foul action failed (you want to have enough assists that it doesnt fail anyway, right?).

I suppose a zombie player will eat your prone players' brains just as before (except now you can't foul back/use IGMEOY to avoid it). Still, zombie-heavy teams are kinda worse off to begin with, so fair's fair I guess.

Short answer: Depends on your team (& the # of players in your team + the situation on the field).
kwèk

Post   Posted: Mar 17, 2009 - 22:29 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a risk,
Just balance out the benefits of your choice to foul. Will it make it easier for you to win if this foul works. If it doesnt and my guy gets sent off, will that loose me the game?

Sometimes its worth the risk.
I'll foul a wardancer if I have a high chance on breaking armour with a lineman, thrower or catcher annyday.
I won't do it with annything else then a lineman if I have no assists.
But I wouldn't hit linos unless they are way behind on players.
And never foul with blitzers, they always get sent off Razz

Dirty Player... I still like the skill, but I wont take it on the first skill unless I got a fully good equiped team.
When Khemri wasnt nerfed (before the experimental LRB 5.0 ruleset) DP would still be a good choice... thats because DP isnt good enough for being the main damadge dealer. You get MB for that.
But with lots of MB, when you are dealing loads of damadge, you'll clean the board quite easily.
Everything that doesnt die on a block/blitz, you finish off with DP.

Jump to: