51 coaches online • Server time: 17:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post killing by fun?goto Post Blood Bowl Variantsgoto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2009 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi gang!

I've never been one for team building. I tend to have a very low attention span and get excited about trying new things, so I flit a lot between races, teams and divisions pretty easily. So in 1723 games, I've never had a team hit that 100 game mark.

However, just short of my third FUMBBL anniversary, I've got 3 teams on 99 games!

Since this is a bit of an event for me, I thought I'd try to make it interesting and get behind the current donation drive as I do it. But first; the runners and riders!

Team 1: With their first match on 29/04/2006, the Drogolodytes represent the oldest of the three teams. This Undead team are my most successful [R] team in terms of tournaments won (let's put aside what success in [R] consists of and the fact they've just entered more for a bit...), and are based on my local Rugby team. They currently sit at 203 / 190.

Team 2 : Chaos Dorf team A Plan Comes Together’s claim to fame is that they once housed the all-time best (in terms of spp) [R] Hobgoblin, Patton. This A-Team / Military leaders themed team have been benched for a while to get the other two to 99 games, but are ready to come back!

Team 3: Woodies White Isle Idlers Alpha Turbo have the dubious honour of my finest long-term win %. Probably because they're Woodies, but hey ho. Currently beaten up rather well, they currently live at a rather inefficient 8 player 216 / 173. They've looked worse, but not by much! Very Happy

<b>So, what am I looking for?</b>

I'm looking for interesting, stimulating match-ups for the three teams to get them over the 100 marker with a bang. What makes it interesting? I dunno, maybe you've a famous team, perhaps you're a coach with an axe to grind (Razz) against me, a long-time [L] oppo who wants to put the boot in... Make me an offer! Very Happy

<b>What's in it for you?</b>

Across my 3 years, I've not really donated too much to the site. I've been in the main a jobless student or paying off student-esq debt. I’ve done what I can, where I can, but it’s not amounted to megabucks. Since we're in the middle of a donation drive, I'd like to add to my total a bit. Times are hard, I'm not made of money, but I think I can afford to make these games... "Interesting". Wink

So, beat me, beat up my teams!

Donationometer;

Goo win : $5
Tie : $3
Opponent win : $8

CAS against my teams that stick (no apo / regen);

BH : $1, SI : $2, RIP : $3

Plus, you get to ruin my team's big day, what could be better?! Very Happy

<b>Couple of notes : </b>

Q. Purp! This is a great idea! Since it's for the site, how's about your 8 WE play my 16 man 40TS up Orc team with 5 DP?! I'll win, everything will die... Great idea, no?

A. No! Sadly, I am still a munchkin who will do anything to win. I want these games to be fair. 50/50 on-field games. I appreciate this will be hard for the Woodies, but there are a lot of teams in [R]!

Q. I'm yet to donate, could I make side-bet-esq donations? Such as, I'll play one of your teams and put up matching cash, or, I'll bet on <insert killer coach nick>'s <insert killer team> getting 5 CAS against your Undead... Like it?

A. Certainly do!

So, who wants some? Very Happy
Kenty

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2009 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Drogolodytes against Sleeper in Metropolis if we are still within range when you decide to play.
Synn

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2009 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Your crappy elves can feed my crappy vamps.

__Synn
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2009 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

How have I gone three years without playing Kenty? Confused

Two great ideas there. A good start! Might leave it a couple of days before yeaying or naying, just to see if anyone wants to gamble on how many pixels these two (or others) can splat. Wink
Synn

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2009 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

New coaches here shouldn't go three months without playing Kenty. They are missing out.

__Synn
SillySod

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2009 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Die Meech, Die may very well be in need of a cherry in the next few days.... then again they might lie crumpled beneth hobnailed orc Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2009 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

You might need a cherry?! Is Blockbuster still active?! Very Happy
Lycian

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2009 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

hi mate!

As you defeated me in my first major in first round, I want my revenge!

So here's my offer: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=529672

Orc 191/174 vs your chaos dwarf 192/177.

In terms of tr and ts its very equal. My team is quite new, so its not famous at all. But as we both got cash (you 90k's me 110k's) we could buy stars and make the game even more interesting. And we both are also high cr coaches, so many people may be interesting in specting.

What do you think?

Sorry bout my english :S
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2009 - 11:30
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The paladins call your undead out.

Currently 219/203

For the honour of 'Top Purple'

2 Old teams, 2 old coaches, 2 Purples. What could be better? I'll chuck £20 Christers way if you beat me, £10 if you can scrape a draw.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2009 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

yr elfs need to play manbush's Clint Eastwood Roles. do it.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2009 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks to me like Synn, Lycian and PC are in the lead. I'm turned by PC's money like a cheap floozy! I reckon each of these games could be real damage dealers! Very Happy

I would like to play Kenty though, oldest team on the site and all, I need to stalk him!

Unless I get any more traffic by close of play tomorrow, I'll be tapping up these three Gents. No real time limit on this from my point of view, play as we go is fine. Wink
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2009 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Last bumpage!

No more input by the time I drag myself home from five a side tonight, and these three chaps can hunt me down in IRC at their convenience. I'll keep a tally of how much I owe BigC and stick it in as a lump at the end. Wink
Hogshine

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2009 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Die Meech, Die may very well be in need of a cherry in the next few days.... then again they might lie crumpled beneth hobnailed orc Smile

Cherry you say? Why look any further than the prime examples WIL has to offer? Very Happy
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2009 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Hogshine wrote:
SillySod wrote:

Cherry you say? Why look any further than the prime examples WIL has to offer? Very Happy

Start with Hoggy, eh? Wink
Hogshine

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2009 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Hogshine wrote:
SillySod wrote:

Start with Hoggy, eh? Wink

Well, I was thinking Russo, but he is beating me in our head to head somehow Rolling Eyes It must be time for a break... Very Happy
 Jump to: