37 coaches online • Server time: 13:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Gnome Roster - how a...goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Aargh

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2009 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this really such a big problem that it needs a special feature in the client? I've never had this happen to me in all my games. Actually the few times a coach did want to change something about his team in the last minute, he told me this in the chat before we even started the game. If this was a widespread problem I'd see the use of such a feature, but if my experience is anything to go by I have a hard time seeing the use.
anti

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2009 - 11:58 Reply with quote Back to top

It's really a simple solution, just showing both teams when the clients connect. It wouldn't cause extra work on the site itself, it'd take a maximum of one extra click for both players, and I'm pretty sure it wouldn¨t take long to implement in the client. We're talking displaying some data that's already thre, and used throughout the game. Even if we aren't talking about many disputes, those that do come up are worth solving right away, instead of massive whining in the main channel and admin reports (I bet these happen, even though changing the roster isn't against site rules).
Grod

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2009 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Well anyway, since the new LRB 5 client will be integrated with the website, there should be no problem to make a pre-match sequence that matches exactly the LRB rules.

Actually, maybe it would be interesting to directly issue a challenge through the fumbbl website? You could click on another player's team (perhaps from the gamefinder list), and "challenge" it, with one of your teams. If that coach accepts, game starts. Something like this will be possible with the LRB 5 client - fumbbl integration (although perhaps not exactly as I described).

Oscar Wilde
Snorri

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2009 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
or you could...

pay attention to your opponent's roster and look for roster changing potential...

This doesn't make anything more certain.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2009 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

requesting illlegal features... douchbagrating x4
anti

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2009 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Illegal, how? I genuinely don't know, so don't take this as provocation, and answer the question Razz

You agree to a matchup, and then buy stars/inducements based on that matchup. How is checking that the team that joined is the same that you agreed to play an illegal feature?
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2009 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
As far as I can see Ehlers is just asking for a stage where you click "yes, these are the teams I agreed to play"...

This stage already is in the client. You can look at your opponents team (all players) and then answer Yes/No. Teams will be locked at Fumbbl only if both coaches agree to play after looking up their opponent's team. Then inducement phase starts.
Ehlers

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2009 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
SillySod wrote:
As far as I can see Ehlers is just asking for a stage where you click "yes, these are the teams I agreed to play"...

This stage already is in the client. You can look at your opponents team (all players) and then answer Yes/No. Teams will be locked at Fumbbl only if both coaches agree to play after looking up their opponent's team. Then inducement phase starts.

Thank you, the answer I tried to get. But could not find anyway.

Problem solved
anti

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2009 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the reply :)
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2009 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

anti wrote:
Illegal, how? I genuinely don't know, so don't take this as provocation, and answer the question Razz

You agree to a matchup, and then buy stars/inducements based on that matchup. How is checking that the team that joined is the same that you agreed to play an illegal feature?

well it is not what he asked for... he asked to remove the possibility to hire stars sneaky before the game.... that has nothing to do with inducements... they are perfectly fine.... it's just two completly different things.....

if the post would be about inducements it would be pointless aswell tough.... since its part of LRB5 and wouldn't be a feature... also seems to be already integrated in the new client...

and tbh a feature to simply make sure both coaches did agree to a match is also a waste of time..... when you connect to a game it's pretty certain you agreed to it.. you have the chat-log to proove it.... and TBH in more then 2000 games it wasn't a problem even once that someone connected with a wrong team....
anti

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2009 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, you agreed to it, but some people change that. I've tried it a few times. And in those cases some will take it to the admins, all in all causing bad moods and a waste of time (for both players and admins, even with chatlogs).
It's not to avoid star players at all, just to avoid the disputes that do happen when someone agrees to a matchup, then quickly changes the roster, well knowing that it wasn't agreed upon. (although not that often, as you point out).
Not a big issue in LRB4, as you can see if people have money for stars, but here you can fire a player and get extra inducement cash to get the next level of star for it. quite a difference. but anyway,problem solved from my point of view.
odi

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2009 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Make the gamefinding inLRB5 like B, and lock the teams after activation. Problem solved. Maybe some people would say more problems created Very Happy
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2009 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

anti wrote:
I've tried it a few times. And in those cases some will take it to the admins, all in all causing bad moods and a waste of time (for both players and admins, even with chatlogs).

you have tried it a few times?:... dude... you could try to just no violate the rules and you will avoid causing bad moods.... seriously...
Emrys

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2009 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
First teams have to pay their upkeep (spiraling expenses) which is automatically deducted from their treasury.

Hang on - that's not right. Spiralling Expenses get deducted after the match, reducing your winnings (and your treasury if winnings aren't enough to cover expenses).

Doing it before the match - unless a team's treasury is temporarily put into overdraft until the match is over and winnings are calculated - would mean that a high value team that deliberately spends all its cash before a game wouldn't be penalised as it should be.

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2009 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage, sorry, didn't say it properly here. *I* didn't report, cause bad moods, whine about stars. I've just seen plenty of others do.

I've tried having stars taken on against me when there wasn't a need for it, and when it wasn't on the team I got challenged with. But I played (and ok, maybe whined a bit), and I know it's in the rules. This is what I mean when I say I've tried it a few times.

Sorry about not making it more clear :P

But please don't tell me you haven't seen countless discussions on it in main, and that it does cause problems from time to time.
 Jump to: